Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:03:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin go under regulation  (Read 211079 times)
ironman2014

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:00:23 PM

Many government are seeing Bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a threat to their financial system and they think it should be regulated to solve the problem. Do you think they can regulate Bitcoin ?

Some of them can ban bitcoin, as already was done in few countries, but I hope, that the governments will understand how positive Bitcoin can be for the economic state, and accept it widely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:03:14 PM

Many government are seeing Bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a threat to their financial system and they think it should be regulated to solve the problem. Do you think they can regulate Bitcoin ?

Some of them can ban bitcoin, as already was done in few countries, but I hope, that the governments will understand how positive Bitcoin can be for the economic state, and accept it widely.
Several countries have also provided support for Bitcoin and they have legitimately recognized Bitcoin. The circumstances in each country will be different and the regulations required will be very different. But overall we should all be supportive of the development of Bitcoin, because it is one way to convince the government to regulate Bitcoin.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:04:03 PM

If the governments see bitcoin as a threat, then they will have no choice but to find a way to put it under regulations. However, bitcoin as we all know is decentralized and cannot be controlled or regulated by just one country. Besides, bitcoin is done using the Internet and no government controls the Internet or regulates its use.
Nevertheless, a government may still be able to regulate only the transactions made through exchanges. They may be able to tax the profits made by converting bitcoin to fiat currencies.

Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:05:29 PM

If they see it as a threat then they should learn about it. If they think that it really is a threat then they should place regulations on the usage of Cryptocurrency and not only Bitcoin. If they place regulations about something they are knowledgeable about then they should not be worried about it because people will use it without abuse.
They only see the bad things about it, if they open their mind to see its good side, bitcoin could help every country to improve, just like japan. They see it as a threat because they cant control it, they cant get anything from it, all things governments wants to control, they cant accept that they cant control anything. We cant change the fact that bitcoin cannot be controlled or manipulated by someone, because bitcoin is decentralized, because bitcoin created that way.
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:18:19 PM

It would be hard for government to regulate bitcoin because right now they cannot distinguish the owners of bitcoin investments. Unless people would agree to divulge their investments with the government and would agree with the taxation as mandated by the government.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:24:03 PM

bitcoin is already subjected to regulation, while some country have decided in completely ban the crypto some countries are taking strict measure to regulate the coin citing the effect of what such coin will have on the economy of the country but most importantly we should not forget that there are still still some countries such as australia that are exploiting the potential of the blockchain technology to distrupt some local technology which are already in existence. furthermore regulation or no regulation nobody can kill crypto except the internet is shutdown.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:28:11 PM

I do not think anyone can manage Bitcoin, but the government can regulate the use of Bitcoin by enacting laws on the use of Bitcoin. thus, the likelihood is that it will be subject to a higher tax for Bitcoin users.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

For me, bitcoin will not go under the regulation of any government sectors, but the government sectors have the jurisdiction if they want to regulate Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies in their state because they can prohibit it or ban it.  But if you will research the bitcoin’s capability and ability any state cant regulate bitcoin, because no one can control it, its because bitcoin is decentralized that can work without a single administrator or central banks. But right now, bitcoin will not be regulated because bitcoin is on the internet, maybe if the internet is gone ( will never happen) I think that is the time that bitcoin will be gone.  Smiley
dashayana

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 02:18:05 PM

Yes of course they can. Rather than forbid, the government should better arrange it so that the future payment process will no longer rely on the banking system, but by utilizing the ease of digital through the virtual world. In addition, that the government through the central bank should have been able to see the fact of the development of the digital money. Although considered dangerous, the presence of bitcoin can not be continuously prohibited. If bitcoin is prohibited, is there anything to be sure if bitcoin will stop running?

▐| CRUXCOIN.IO |▌  THE HEART OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES
▐|▌THE FIRST CRYPTOCURRENCY WITH 3 IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS▐|▌
Josiah Dave Leonor

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:24:07 PM

I think , it will not undergo regulation because bitcoin or cryptocurrency is not controlled by the government, and also when it happens all cryptos will have decrease in value because of the regulation, bitcoin is the most powerful of all.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 03:00:07 PM

As we all know that Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are based on a blockchain technology which relies on the principle of decentralization and hence any government can not regulate Bitcoin or alt-coins. However, governments can always try to do it through the indirect way like instructing banks to stop giving services to the companies involved in the cryptocurrency exchanges.
Haoque89

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:41:05 PM

If we have a positive belief in bitcoin as well as government that we can participate in the legitimate bitcoin community, then I think we will make bitcoin follow the rules of law.
JohnDcosta

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:50:39 PM

I think it is impossible and also bitcoin will never go under regulation.
brownaxe20

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

I have read something about regulation which I forgot the source. It is said that regulation is hard to initiate as it is done privately and no government is holding the block chain. I came to think about this idea and its possibility. Given that it is private and supposed to be anti government in nature, I think this created a lot of fear among each government since this could have an impact on each respective economy. Surely I think the government will find ways to gain control by regulating the exchanges that connects fiat to cryptocurrency. Since it is the only gateway towards it. I wonder what could happen then? I don't think this could be good for cryptocurrency.
TonyCallahan

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

There is no one who can regulate bitcoin so, it is not possible.
goodfortune2018

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:16:17 PM

I think many people are happy to heared that news that bitcoin will go under regulation because it help to keep safe the investment and help also limit the fluctuation value of a certain cryptocurrency.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:21:25 PM

I think many people are happy to heared that news that bitcoin will go under regulation because it help to keep safe the investment and help also limit the fluctuation value of a certain cryptocurrency.

I don't think many people think in this way. Because most of them are involved in the cryptocurrencies because of their volatility. If the price is controlled, they will lose their interest.
Chaelbrin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:34:14 PM

Bitcoin can be under control dictated by a nation, a direction that manages the utilization of bitcoin as a methods for exchanges that can be utilized as a part of expansion to the official cash held in the nation, yet for bitcoin esteem no direction can direct it.
since the esteem or bitcoin cost isn't influenced by the direction that is connected in a nation, yet bitcoin cost is impacted by a few factors, for example, bitcoin affected by free market activity in advertise. On the off chance that numerous individuals purchase Bitcoin with a lot of Bitcoin costs will take off up. On the other hand, if numerous bitcoiners are offering Bitcoin then bitcoin costs may drop strongly.
Jacsnuffles

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 07:35:02 PM

Almost everyone in the world knows about this new currency. The curiosity of one can influence others. What I really wanted to say is Bitcoin cannot be controlled once almost everyone in the world is using it. Every nation has the government that implements regulations and this possibility is 90%. In fact, they are starting to figure out things regarding Bitcoin and I don't see a big problem with that.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
saranadia199

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:32:12 AM

we think, government agencies think that the bitcoin currency is one of the threats to his kingdom. this does not have the slightest bit of control over the bitcoin for the government. we think if bitcoin is to be recognized worldwide then bitcoin is under government regulation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: