Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you do KYC for a bounty hunt?  (Read 746 times)
Byzantium101 (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:23:16 PM

I think you are missing the point of the OP. Is not about keeping anonymous, is about sending your personal documents to someone. They may end up in the dark web for 10$ a piece.

Oh! I see, I am sorry OP and thanks paxmao.

Well this is unfortunate. I would not give my ID to a company which could not even establish a reputation in the market yet. If I was you then I would report the bounty thread and would create a scam accusations thread against the ICO and the bounty manager.  

No worries Bro  Grin I was not very clear perhaps. Anonymity is also important for some people, so you are right, you have to choose that too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:36:00 PM

Yeah why not, I suppose yeah it could end up on the dark web, never really thought about that,

But if its a good bounty return F it

Until one day you go on holiday, get arrested at an US airport and charged with card fraud, if you are lucky. If you are not lucky charges will be for terrorism, drug dealing or arms trading.

And while you try to prove that "some else used my documents" and "I am innocent" they will be thinking of how fabulous would you look in orange, inside an Egyptian prison.

But..yeah... bounty was good...so f*ck it.

Shocked That´s is a bit dramatic I think  Cry

But anyway, the subject is really important. People are victims of identity thefts in real life - a guy I know got a credit card and ID stolen and he had to give long explanations about several hefty sums spent under his name on some betting sites. And I have heard of cases in which an email and ID were used to use a Paypal account.

Even one ICO that was legit, Experty, became "famous" for a identity leak. It´s a concern for many people, more if you have plenty of money.

Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:13:09 PM

I wouldnt worry if Bounty company will ask for my KYC.
Im not that paranoic, what will they do with my documents?
Is there anything illegal they can do?
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:32:44 PM

No, but I understand that since they are giving the coins away I guess they kind of have to be safe. But at the same, since you didn't actually give them any of your money, they really shouldn't.
apimembership

Activity: 448
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:25:16 AM

If it is worth it and their project looks solid and trustable, why not! i dont bother to share my info with this kind of project.
without_my_moufles

Activity: 192
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:00:44 PM

Why not? Crypto world is becoming more and more regulated and KYC might help to reduce fraud including bounties.
Len_nin

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

xCrypt

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:04:31 PM

I am a bit scared that  some ICOs and recently a well-known bounty management group have decided to ask for KYC for bounty hunters. For me, that puts me on the spot of choosing if I want to risk to send my documents on line for not much money or just decide that I should not do any bounty.

The worst thing is that sometimes the KYC is asked after the promotion is done. For me that is just blackmail. What would you say if I agree with you to pay you 300$ to paint my fence and once you finish I decide that I will only pay you if you give me your address, copies of your documents and a picture of your wife or husband.

I think that's not worth giving our personal informations. I rather do bounties that doesn't require KYC.
Also, I hate when they want me to send KYC after I finished campaign or airdrop.
It's kind of arrogant to ask for such informations for $5.

Absolutely agree,they expect too much and i'm not ready to share such personal info.There are lots of other bounty campaings which do not demand it from me
AravinthP

Activity: 154

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:11:57 AM

i am not sire whats the fuzz is all about, its better if we have kyc
heavenknows

Activity: 192
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 05:12:32 AM

I think you can do KYC for a bounty. However, you only choose the correct project at the same time the legitimacy of the project. If the project is very much hype. Then i would think submitting my kyc is good but with details blurred
CRYPTOWOLF_BOT

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 07:39:34 AM

I am a bit scared that  some ICOs and recently a well-known bounty management group have decided to ask for KYC for bounty hunters. For me, that puts me on the spot of choosing if I want to risk to send my documents on line for not much money or just decide that I should not do any bounty.

The worst thing is that sometimes the KYC is asked after the promotion is done. For me that is just blackmail. What would you say if I agree with you to pay you 300$ to paint my fence and once you finish I decide that I will only pay you if you give me your address, copies of your documents and a picture of your wife or husband.

You're making a valid point with the fence painting analogy. Privacy has always been paramount for me, and the KYC for bounty hunters being a mandatory part of an ICO must be highlighted in bold (and probably some neon color Smiley) on the front page of the respective Internet page, be it a website or a dedicated thread on here.
I would be enraged if I had to deal with it upon completion of my required tasks.
The solution to this is to inquire the bounty management before you start anything.
UserU

Activity: 2030
Merit: 531

FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:52:41 AM

I don't mind actually.

After all, Google already tracks our identities, locations and preferences.

There's no way to be totally safe from prying eyes while being on the Internet.
matthewoz101

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:27:58 PM

I am a bit scared that  some ICOs and recently a well-known bounty management group have decided to ask for KYC for bounty hunters. For me, that puts me on the spot of choosing if I want to risk to send my documents on line for not much money or just decide that I should not do any bounty.

KYC can protect the company from users having multiple accounts and bots. Some countries REQUIRE a KYC in order to distribute tokens. Many bounties and airdrops block people from the US.

If you're not confident enough to send some of these ICOs your documents, you may not to do bounties for them. They're probably a scam most likely. I suggest finding quality projects that you won't have a problem sending in a KYC or find bounties that don't require any KYC.
iamike

Activity: 314

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:38:49 PM

It would be a very serious issue if bounty hunters are asked to do KYC before they are being paid. Why would such thing happen? It will be quite unfair because i have worked for you and instead of you to pay me you are rather taking my particulars unlawfully before you settle me. If they ask bounty hunters to do KYC before the actual campaign then that is fair or if they include it in the rule i believe is quite fair but if it is not stated i think is not right.
DanWork

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:59:00 PM

Of course not, my privacy is very important to risk for something that could turn out not to be legit. And it's really bad that some bounty managers ask for it after it's all said and done. It's like blackmale. Gives us your ID information of you won't get your bounty.
BantiHanter

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 06:12:47 PM

I wouldnt worry if Bounty company will ask for my KYC.
Im not that paranoic, what will they do with my documents?
Is there anything illegal they can do?
In the end, if the project is a scam.
Of course, they can use your personal data to do illegal things
BigBadBitBaron

Activity: 463
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:20:29 PM

KYC flies in the face and is completely counter-productive as to what crypto-currencies are all about.

I thought the whole concept revolved sending money, peer to peer,  cheaply, quickly and anonymously, anywhere in the world in one transaction rather than rely on various banking institutions who charge an arm and a leg.

They maintain that KYC is a deterrent for money Laundering.  Yet these same governments, institution etc, will be the first to shout from the rafters that crypto-currencies are not money..

KYC is just another means of the few taking control over the masses

Just my opinion.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
PlanetZebes

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:36:06 PM

Only if it's a good project that I think has an obvious bright future. I probably will never see such a project. But if the project can be completely trusted, then yeah. Not some friends that decided to create a crypto.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:03:30 AM
Merited by pugman (1), theyoungmillionaire (1)

I don't mind actually.

After all, Google already tracks our identities, locations and preferences.

There's no way to be totally safe from prying eyes while being on the Internet.

Your taking it out of the thread statement,  OP  is asking if KYC  is good to be trusted within a project. 

Youre wrong about Google,  actually they can not trace all.  And you can be safe in the internet if you know how to use private connection,  IP  address, leaving works in incognito, heard about anonymous group?  Even NASA can't trace them and FBI have nothing to do with those smart people. 

Now do you know what is kyc and where it is correlated? 
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:20:25 PM

There is no bounty worth to risk your personal information to be leaked. I do see benefits from KYC but, no way any should do a KYC for bounties.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:44:16 AM

KYC flies in the face and is completely counter-productive as to what crypto-currencies are all about.

I thought the whole concept revolved sending money, peer to peer,  cheaply, quickly and anonymously, anywhere in the world in one transaction rather than rely on various banking institutions who charge an arm and a leg.

They maintain that KYC is a deterrent for money Laundering.  Yet these same governments, institution etc, will be the first to shout from the rafters that crypto-currencies are not money..

KYC is just another means of the few taking control over the masses

Just my opinion.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Good point. However, i could consider KYC necessary as there is a lot of Scam in the field. Why should a multiple account holder fill many submissions and in the end get the most stakes?

My point is that KYC somehow promotes Decentralization.

Maybe the way it happens is not the right process.

What about asking for a unique digital ID that has nothing to do with your personal/private documents? Both parts would be happy!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: