Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:17:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Technical analysis bullshit?  (Read 819 times)
CRYPTON0101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 06:48:58 PM

The goal always to maximize investments..The current bearish crypto currency market will take the upward trend. Investing in crypto requires analyzing hundreds of channels, social media, market data as well as mathematical models to find the diamond in the rough. Its good to have a sticky note somewhere when we can see it, so we contain ourselves from panic mode or greed in bullish markets. Crypto is affected by low trading volumnes and crypto soars when exchange rates. Stay in the loop stay focused

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:53:22 PM

I am not yet sure if TA actually works with crypto currencies.
I haven't had any success with pure TA so far. However fundamentals and news seems to do better job at predicting the price of a crypto.

Or Am I doing it wrong? I tried a simple RSI strategy to trade and it didn't workout well.

Should I even bother with technical analysis when it comes to cryptos?

There is no accurate prediction for the price of cryptocurrency but you can always rely on different speculations in order to boost up your confidence on investing a huge amount or make the right decisions in the future.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:06:29 PM

Technical Analysis and Fundamental Analysis should be considered together , not seperately. TA is just a way to interpret the market behaviour and give us some clue. You cant expect TA to tell you exact future everytime. FA and TA should be analyzed carefully but at the end you would decide what you should do.

Yes, Technical analysis and Fundamental analysis is just a clue or hint for a possible price changes. This must be a part  of your own research. Though the result is not a  full basis for decision making its just a guide to minimize losses. But when the market  is manipulated, TA and FA is useless.

Open for Campaigns
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:07:27 AM

Nah! It's not true that Techinal Analysis is bullshit. OP,  you may justifiably tweak that title a bit to encompass, "Not totally accurate" As someone who looks at charts myself, I have come to believe that because of so much FUD in cryptocurrency the TA is most likely to fail. This industry is driven by FuD or FOMO and this rubbishes TA. In forex trading, it isn't so. TA rules.

I believe that technical analysis can be useful in those days but the market is so volatile that we should rather rely on luck
Dude, relying on luck is gambling and not trading.
No, technical analysis is not bullshit and not useless; it plays its function in the market and encourages people towards the market. The technical analysis let us know what is going on in the market and from which stages the market is suffering. Technical analysis helps us a lot to know more about the market and the future market. Do not consider it useless and focus on your investments.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:15:58 AM

I haven't had any success with pure TA so far. However fundamentals and news seems to do better job at predicting the price of a crypto.

Or Am I doing it wrong? I tried a simple RSI strategy to trade and it didn't workout well.

It depend on whos giving the technical analysis or if youre the one doing it,well i guess youre a big mistakes about it.

As what my own strategy is concern i am not using TA instead research on my own,and checking the price movement myself.why not just go for long term than trading atleast in long term investing is safer than daytrading,so make a decision depend on your capacity
apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:41:14 AM

Although technical analysis does not work accurate  in crypto trading but we are trader still need it to know level of price,  i think all trader before doing buy and sell firstly always look in to chart. Make Combination of technical analysis and fundamental is better to predict the price of any crypto. In my opinion TA still usefull for crypto trading.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

You might wanna combine it it all your MA, RSI, fibo and MacD for it and whatever that comes along that you learn to somehow work on it but you can't solely rely to indicators though. All the technical analysis are going to be defeated by a fud news though. A single price dip can lead traders to panic and a individual with a lot of BTC can make that happen.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
zelda131292

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:32:09 AM

if you are really good in doing analysis, then i think that doing that is the best way to go, because you are going to have a lot of knowledge because of that. Also, it is more convenient if you are doign scalping

In bitcoin we trust!
bots1

Activity: 895
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:58:31 AM

Actually TA is used to predict some possibilities, so TA is not used to provide accurate forecasts. It's just that TA tells us a key, such as: volume, exact value, price and market direction based on buy and sell orders.

So far TA can still be used for that, but besides TA there is still FA. Why is that? Because crypto is still new, and many countries have legally not yet legalized crypto. So, it is only natural that people become FUD and FOMO.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Hell-raiser

Merit: 515

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:18:21 PM

Actually TA is used to predict some possibilities, so TA is not used to provide accurate forecasts. It's just that TA tells us a key, such as: volume, exact value, price and market direction based on buy and sell orders.

So far TA can still be used for that, but besides TA there is still FA. Why is that? Because crypto is still new, and many countries have legally not yet legalized crypto. So, it is only natural that people become FUD and FOMO.

There are many indicators and tools available in TA, so which one you should choose? Should there be a different TA for choosing which TA methodology to stick to? What if two indicators give you contradictory predictions? Obviously, they cannot be right at the same time as the price can't go in both directions simultaneously. If you think along this path, you will inevitably arrive at the conclusion that TA is more like a broken clock in essence. It can be right at certain times but how is that fundamentally different from a broken clock showing the right time twice a day?
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:33:56 PM

There are many indicators and tools available in TA, so which one you should choose? Should there be a different TA for choosing which TA methodology to stick to? What if two indicators give you contradictory predictions? Obviously, they cannot be right at the same time as the price can't go in both directions simultaneously. If you think along this path, you will inevitably arrive at the conclusion that TA is more like a broken clock in essence. It can be right at certain times but how is that fundamentally different from a broken clock showing the right time twice a day?
Technical analysis is a tool used as reference in your decision making yet it is effective if it was not made biased and based in a data were reliable and will get
reliable results.

pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:45:23 PM

Technical analysis is just method of price of prediction to know when the price goes up and goes down but the final result depending on the market, we must follow it just because of our technical analysis is wrong doesn't mean it is bullshit, also technical fundamental is method to prediction of the price, the most important is always use method analysis which gives us active profit from trading activity.
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

It doesn't work consistently even on regular markets, let alone cryptocurrencies. There are basically two ways of making money in any market (unless we include pure luck). The first you already mentioned, and this is using fundamentals (like, for example, in crude oil and other commodities). The other method comes down to milking the market somehow by using arbitrage, insider info, front running (if you are an exchange or market maker), or whatever other methods and instruments exist that I'm not even remotely aware of. As you can see, TA doesn't belong to any of these two categories.

That makes a lot of sense and put things into perspective. TA is just a tool among many tools but you need to use it in addition other tools (i.e. fundamental analysis) rather than replacing it. Then TA has it's place.

ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:35:40 PM

Although technical analysis cannot assure you success in trading cryptocurrencies, it’s not bullshit. It can offer some help. With the help of technical analysis, traders and investors can predict the right time to enter and exit a trade thereby enabling good returns. Information like support, resistance, chart pattern, momentum of the market, volatility, and trader’s psychology are just some examples of types of information provided by technical analysis. So obviously its not at all some bullshit people have made millions out of it.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:57:21 PM

we cant completely rule out technical analysis is bull shit but in the bear market technical analysis and less volume in exchanger the market will most move in one direction
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:19:47 PM

Honestly, I'm not much of a fan of technical analysis when it comes to crypto trading. Yes, there are some recurring patterns, but there are also equal to, or more examples where a similar pattern emerged that was followed by unexpected events. I think whilst it works in the short term, e.g. certain signs like the bull flag are quite strong, long term predictions, or predictions based on previous trends are just BS. Stick to the tried and true when trading, it will do better I would expect.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:14:30 PM

I've done lots of posts about this subject on various threads but I'll sum up some of my thoughts in a very condensed format this time.

Common sense is about 80% of trading.. buy low sell high.. don't get cut by falling daggers... don't fear the blood and view it as an opportunity.

1) If you buy at the bottom of a cycle, there is no danger in your position.. its established a bottom price and usually can only go up from there.
2) Most people who try to do TA do so in what's commonly called the "dumb zone".  You cant play 30-50 sat moves on a daily basis going all in or all out and expect this to work.. thats not really a strategy and will break down.. you're almost luckier if it breaks down the first few times you try it so you won't try it and get really burned when it really matters or learn from the wrong thing and really screw up when you add more money.
3) Prices that something has reached before in sats is much easier to achieve a second time over trying to predict unproven highs.. buy LOW and take the easy money.. wishing welling prices is just emotional and will not help... if you buy tron at 300 sats.. expect the easy returns to be where it overcorrected.. don't hold for unproven all time highs.. if you go 100% into profits on something you better be selling some.  Whales don't care about your long-term goals and will dump on you in a heartbeat to get you to lose hope, panic, and sell to them waiting at the bottom again.

TA is the other 20%.. it helps you min/max your positions by making smarter exits/entries..

Sell below fibonacci retracement resistances and ladder out.. sell some and participate in almost any runup, but save some of your bigger bags to sell at higher prices,. don't go all in or out, just set goals and zones BEFOREHAND so you won't get caught up in fomo or fud.. 80% of my trades happen when I'm not even paying attention.. I set ladder buys and sells on things I'm interested in and it all just orchestrates itself... If my bags get too heavy towards alts, i dump some bags earlier.. if I'm getting kind of skimpy selling upwards, I can become more risky with top exit points.. it should always be a revolving door of covering the top and bottom all the time, no exceptions.. no all in alts 100% ever.

Here is an article I wrote this more in-depth, and talking about the types of TA i use... but like i said TA isn't gonna really do much for you if you don't understand market cycles, avoiding emotional stimulus, and generally buy at the wrong times.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2944431.msg30246763#msg30246763

Hell-raiser

Merit: 515

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

Although technical analysis cannot assure you success in trading cryptocurrencies, it’s not bullshit. It can offer some help. With the help of technical analysis, traders and investors can predict the right time to enter and exit a trade thereby enabling good returns. Information like support, resistance, chart pattern, momentum of the market, volatility, and trader’s psychology are just some examples of types of information provided by technical analysis. So obviously its not at all some bullshit people have made millions out of it.

Let's admit it, TA is no more than a crutch, a mental crutch. Basically, you stick to it when you simply don't know what to do but still want to do something and feel like there's some logic and reason behind your actions. It makes you feel more confident but ultimately it is a false feeling that won't lead you anywhere but most likely right into the red zone. It can help you see the trend but you don't need TA for that as you can easily see it with a naked eye without a lot of mumbo jumbo and hand waving.

Keep it simple, man!
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:04:16 PM

With the help of technical analysis, traders and investors can predict the right time to enter and exit a trade thereby enabling good returns.

They actually can't predict the right time to enter or to exit. All the different layers within the TA book only make sure that in certain situations you have better odds than the standard 50/50 shots. As long as the better odds make sure traders settle more profitable than losing trades, they have done exceptionally well. The few losing trades that occur are mostly seen as collateral damage. It will be interesting to see how the price will behave once institutions dominate this market with their algo bots. The further we move forward, the less influence retail traders will have with their unstable behavior and emotions. I personally believe that the market will experience less volatility once it happens.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:05:57 PM

we cant completely rule out technical analysis is bull shit but in the bear market technical analysis and less volume in exchanger the market will most move in one direction
Technical analysis is very good in financial investment and it plays a very good role in big financial markets such as Forex and stock market but in the cryptocurrency market I do not trust too much in analysis. technical because the trading volume is too small so it is very easy to influence the technical data is not accurate.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: