Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:48:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody hijacked my username, and I need an admin to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147 times)
Hijackedusername (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:17:04 AM

I have only ever had one account at this forum which is the username "sayulita".

It has been months since I have accessed the account yet when I tried to access it now, it said my password was wrong.

I was sure it wasn't wrong, but I went to the "Forgot password" function and entered my email address to get the password sent to me. When I entered the email, the forum said the password was unrecognized. I tried again and again and kept getting the same reply.

Then I tried entering the username instead of the password, and the forum said that it will email me instructions.

I performed a search for a thread which I created years ago to see if perhaps my username had been deleted for some reason and it has not. I do see that the username has LUNYR advertisements, and a LUNYR photo as my photo.

I usually have a photo of the town of Sayulita as my photo, so my username has been hijacked.

How can I get in touch with an admin to get my username back?

Perhaps some kind member can message one of the admins for me to alert them to this message please? TIA
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:20:53 AM

You have to follow the steps in this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

I hope you've posted a Bitcoin address at some point in the past and are able to sign a message from that address, because you're unlikely to have your account recovered otherwise.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:38:04 AM

You can also try to contact cyrus here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=78147

Try to message him, but make sure that you can make a sign message to an old stake bitcoin address here in the forum if you don't have any sign message your message will be ignored.

Your account currently has negative trust by actmyname and after you recover your account and prove that you own that account you can request to remove the negative trust to actmyname.
bitcoinballer17

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:18:25 PM

OMG, I have known this for almost 8 months!!! And I had no way to get a hold of you!!!

Also disable settings for messages, that blocks receiving messages from newbies.  Here is the private message I was sending you...

DB-
I couldn't understand why you disappeared, and why some newbie was using your account to spam the forums. I was like, did you just sell your account, sell all your bitcoin, and take off to a new island never to be seen again. The user also blocked all incoming messages. It says his last activity was Feb 8th. But it was right after I talked to you in September that your account was taken over, it was by Nov, Dec for sure he was spamming up the forums. You know I have been trying to get a hold of you since Oct last year. I have some really big things going on right now that potentially you might have some good contacts for, given that all the connections we made selling bitcoin in the very early days. Please get back to me ASAP at dustin@cdh-fund.com!!!

This totally makes a lot more sense, unreal how it took you 8 months until you realized this though, ha lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: