Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which stablecoin will reign supreme?  (Read 32 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:31:55 PM

there seems to have been a glut of stablecoins arriving recently from gemini, circle and others and all of them are a level of legitimacy way above tether.

will tether be completely replaced or will the KYC/AML stuff that most of these coins will demand turn off exchanges? since it never seems to occur to most traders to attempt to turn tether into real dollars maybe this point is irrelevant.

personally i've never gone anywhere near tether. i might be alot more reassured by something with some verified backing.

if it looks like tether is on the way out, how will that play out? if it starts to be delisted from exchanges i think it's safe to say its peg will collapse as the path to real dollars still isn't that straightforward. will it unearth some ugliness about tether itself or would it be a seamless transition?

are the exchanges that host tether now too invested in it to let it go?

what do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:05:23 AM

Actually, I did not like the idea of tether or any coin, that is trying to replace tether.  Since there are numerous reports that claim Tether is used for manipulating the price, so it does not make any sense to bring some other currency on same lines (Now, instead of tether this coin will be used for manipulation.)  Since most exchange already do KYC, IRS also accepts income from crypto currency then it is better to be "real dollar " there.

Just my point, I guess we should not mix "trading cryptocurrency" for profit with doing "anonymous  transactions" using crypto currency.

I am alive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: