Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchanges are better? DEX or CEX?  (Read 214 times)
ivanleon (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:57:42 PM

In general I've had much better experiences with centralized exchanges. I've used IDEX a bit... but overall DEXs don't seem to be too user friendly. I made an accidental click on Etherdelta (was trying to copy and paste a price) and bought a bunch of a worthless coin instead of selling it.

For the average user there is no difference where to trade. It works quickly, you can quickly sell and buy, especially if you do not trade large amounts of assets.
 I watched the Etherdelta, far below the ICO, if the coin is not on a big exchange. This is only good for those who want to buy coins on the cheap to hold.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:16:45 PM

I actually prefer centralized exchanges to decentralized exchanges. I will just argue out a point and the point is that its very easy to make silly mistake on decentralized exchanges when it comes to buying, selling and withdrawal. Centralized exchanges on the other hand is user friendly and not difficult to use so it will be rare to make mistake as regards buying, selling and withdrawal on centralized exchanges.

wwh

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:42:09 PM

I have started to use DEX exchange a year ago. It was not easy for first time after centralized exchanges. They improve UX of interface so it will be more user friendly. The main advantage of DEX in my point of view - you own the private key from your account on Dex exchange.
ADgordo

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

I love centralised exchanges. Beucase i like to trust someone. For example i am fan of changpeng zhao and i feel happy and safe while using binance.
at the other point if we can think as dex is forkdelta. i cant feel myself safe definetly Tongue. idex is a good example for trustable dex but i always prefer cexs.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
KRAUSS

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:48:12 PM

I love centralised exchanges. Beucase i like to trust someone. For example i am fan of changpeng zhao and i feel happy and safe while using binance.
at the other point if we can think as dex is forkdelta. i cant feel myself safe definetly Tongue. idex is a good example for trustable dex but i always prefer cexs.

Hi man! Please dont compare " you like somebody" and " you trust somebody". I think it is a big difference. If we can trust to the crypto exchange it has to be licensed exchange. Everything have to be legal. This is my opinion...
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:58:11 PM

Which exchanges are better - centralized or decentralized? Which ones are better to trade? After all, now often break and steal funds from the wallets of exchanges.

As far as I know, there are no truly decentralized exchanges so far that would mimic or replicate all or at least some of the features that an advanced centralized exchange (for example, Bitfinex) enjoys. It is possible to design them, but building a decentralized exchange would not be rewarding as its developers wouldn't be able to profit by it as the very nature of such an exchange assumes the absence of a third party. But if there is no third party, there is no way to receive royalties. Apart from that, it requires a coordinated effort from the developing teams of every major coin out there but that's very unlikely. We don't even see a lot of agreement even between Bitcoin developers, not speaking of others.
BlackBoxRecords

Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:28:22 PM

Which exchanges are better - centralized or decentralized?

This question has been asked over and over, yet the answer is still "it depends". The latest difficulties in the market have made many tokens non-listed and in that case the DEX have proven to be the last and only resource for investors to recover.
However, any trader will tell you that he can only use de CEX because they need to perform hundreds of fast operations a day to make their living.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:38:12 PM

Decentralized exchanges are the future.
Centralized exchanges failed so many times and I still do not understand why still people trust them and store here their coins..

NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:01:25 PM

i love DEX's because they show a real interest and volume for listed there projects, but of course CEX's with a good volumes and MM are better for projects listings.
uniquark

Activity: 533
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:32:28 PM

I think the centralized exchange is still the best choice at present. For the following
- More than 90% of current transactions are on centralized exchanges
- Centralized exchanges have better security
- They offer more airdrops and more events for the user
Nexigen

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:08:12 PM

Theoretically decentralized exchanges are better, but in practice they are not yet so developed and familiar to users to become popular. Uncertainty frightens, therefore majority chooses centralized exchanges with the greatest degree of reliability.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:18:00 PM

Perhaps the fix for the many challenges people face when trading cryptocurrencies isn’t decentralized exchanges (DEXs). Although there are some die-hard believers out there, the fact of the matter is, DEXs aren’t yet sufficiently developed in a way to encourage mass adoption (e.g. mining is too slow, there are liquidity challenges, trading is manual, single orders can be expensive, front-running is a problem, etc…)
jinnyjinny

Merit: 16

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:26:39 PM

Obviously, both types of exchanges have their advantages and disadvantages. I like decentralized, but they have one big drawback - little liquidity. But while I have enough of it, I hold most of the tokens for a long time, I sell only the most unpromising.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:11:56 AM

In general I've had much better experiences with centralized exchanges. I've used IDEX a bit... but overall DEXs don't seem to be too user friendly. I made an accidental click on Etherdelta (was trying to copy and paste a price) and bought a bunch of a worthless coin instead of selling it.

For the average user there is no difference where to trade. It works quickly, you can quickly sell and buy, especially if you do not trade large amounts of assets.

You obviously don't know the difference between these two types exchanges, because if you knew you wouldn't say that. There is a huge difference for any user, average or otherwise. When a centralized exchange gets hacked or an inside job is pulled off, traders lose their money. With a genuinely decentralized exchange it is simply not possible as a decentralized  exchange doesn't have private keys from their client's money, and therefore theft is not possible, at least not in the same way as it regularly happens with centralized ones, when all users are affected at once.

This is the main advantage of decentralized exchanges.
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:14:53 AM

For me centralized is still the best i don't know but im not comfortable everytime i want to trade on dex im entering private keys.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: