Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Bitcoin miners sue Butterfly Labs  (Read 9582 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:16:46 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 11:36:12 PM by LittleD

Great read to anyone who's a fan of Butterfly Labs and Josh/Inababa.

Leawood-based BF Labs Inc., better known as Butterfly Labs, has spent the past year defending itself to angry customers who preordered equipment that took months longer to ship than the company promised.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/01/15/leawood-bitcoin-company-faces-lawsuit.html?ana=e_kan_rdup&s=newsletter&ed=2014-01-16

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:24:43 PM

The first sentence of the article is wrong. I stopped reading right there.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:26:58 PM

what do you mean ?(

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:28:53 PM

what do you mean ?(

"A local company considered to be one of the top producers of Bitcoin mining equipment is headed to court."

If the first sentence is BS, how can one trust anything else the article says? Wink
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:30:35 PM

what do you mean ?(
Top producer??? Since when? Most everyone here will disagree with that.  They are the top producer of creating discontent.

We had teams produce equipment using BFL chips faster than BFL was able to... Lol
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:31:14 PM

what do you mean ?(

"A local company considered to be one of the top producers of Bitcoin mining equipment is headed to court."

If the first sentence is BS, how can one trust anything else the article says? Wink

LOL I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  Shocked but at least some has the cajones to sue the "least reliable ASIC company" in the world.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:34:56 PM

It reads "[b] considered [/b] to be one of the top producers of Bitcoin mining equipment is headed to court."

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:35:33 PM

Leawood-based BF Labs Inc., better known as Butterfly Labs, has spent the past year defending itself to angry customers who preordered equipment that took months longer to ship than the company promised.

Couldn't happen to a better company.

Buy & Hold
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:39:39 PM

Couldn't happen to a better company.

The article totally forgot to mention that BFL publicly states its customers are monumental assholes that no one gives a shit about.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

Josh care to comment publicly on this case which you are damn sure aware of?

Please make your comment for the RECORD.

Now I have something to do with all the screen prints from the BFL forum.....

Dear Mr. Flynn.....

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:43:27 AM

ROFLMAO!  This guy thinks he'd have made 150 BTC per day from a March order.  Damn, he must have some good drugs.  "Gee, there's 10 months of people BEFORE me who ordered this, yet they won't affect the difficulty one bit".  This is the sad part of BTC miners... they ALL think they'd have been the only one to order and get the gear when they figure their "losses".

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:28:36 AM

Where is that Monarch you ordered?

"The focus is on customer satisfaction with BF Labs and our products," the company said in a statement through its attorney, Jim Humphrey of Polsinelli PC. "And we are disappointed in the filing of the lawsuit. We are taking this issue very seriously, and once we were notified of the lawsuit, we took steps to defend our interests, and we will continue to do so vigorously as we dispute the claims"

Laughable.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:06:10 AM

I am going to guess BFL's strategy will be to either delay this as long as humanly possible and then settle and gag this guy or settle and gag him ASAP.  I also guess BFL never wants this to see the inside of a court room.  However if both sides dig in for a battle it will extremely interesting to see what discovery will bring to the surface  Smiley

bcp19

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:48:22 AM

Where is that Monarch you ordered?

"The focus is on customer satisfaction with BF Labs and our products," the company said in a statement through its attorney, Jim Humphrey of Polsinelli PC. "And we are disappointed in the filing of the lawsuit. We are taking this issue very seriously, and once we were notified of the lawsuit, we took steps to defend our interests, and we will continue to do so vigorously as we dispute the claims"

Laughable.

Appears to be in the same place as your December WASp rollout.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:37:17 AM

Remind me, how many millions of dollars of pre-order funds has WASP collected?

Buy & Hold
Bicknellski

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:31:46 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 09:42:19 AM by Bicknellski

We have collected a lot of sweat equity and some funds from our members to cover all the development costs and we continue to work together with everyone in agreement that it is always working product first and foremost above 'ROLLOUT' or 'PRE-SALES'. It has to be working first and there is no shame in doing things the right way unlike BFL who has continually lied about production / shipping dates to customers. At this point there are no customers for our product and when we do have something working then we can talk about failure to deliver and the appropriate focus on customers and not the customers money like BFL has. When invited to hear our EE's speak the BFL shills didn't bother to come guess they were too busy.

We have taken 0$ or BTC from anyone outside the WPC.

Unlike BFL we are not leveraging the community to make us rich we are trying to do what is right. Product first then sales and delivery or in our case licensing. He might want to also mention the fact we are providing the design as open source hardware.

Funny eh and further why doesn't he want to comment on the LAWSUIT? I wonder why that is? Where is that Monarch you ordered?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

We have collected a lot of sweat equity and some funds from our members to cover all the development costs and we continue to work together with everyone in agreement that it is always working product first and foremost above 'ROLLOUT' or 'PRE-SALES'. It has to be working first and there is no shame in doing things the right way unlike BFL who has continually lied about production / shipping dates to customers. At this point there are no customers for our product and when we do have something working then we can talk about failure to deliver and the appropriate focus on customers and not the customers money like BFL has. When invited to hear our EE's speak the BFL shills didn't bother to come guess they were too busy.

We have taken 0$ or BTC from anyone outside the WPC.

Unlike BFL we are not leveraging the community to make us rich we are trying to do what is right. Product first then sales and delivery or in our case licensing. He might want to also mention the fact we are providing the design as open source hardware.

Funny eh and further why doesn't he want to comment on the LAWSUIT? I wonder why that is? Where is that Monarch you ordered?
Are you asking why *I* don't want to comment on the lawsuit?  Cause if you are, then you are blind as well and stupid.  That lawsuit is a complete farse, the guy claims 150BTC/day which would only happen if he were the ONLY person to have added a pair of mini-rigs to the network back in May and discounts the fact that 10 months of people would have needed to get their orders for him to have his in hand. 

How many of those 'shares' to get into the collective did you sell?  While that's NOT a pre-order, that's funding.

Personally, what I find truly sad is that not only are you NOT taking the time and money to create your own ASIC design, you're not even planning on putting out a product at all!  You are merely going to sell a license to produce your invention and let others take on the burden of building them while you sit in the background and collect money.  Looks to me like you have all of the profit with none of the expense while the people who purchase a license from you have to pass that cost to their customers.

I also notice that you have changed your tune Bickski... I've not seen you mention TAPEOUT in a while, is that cause of all the egg on your face when the wafers were delivered to the slicing facility?  I'll bet you that I have a Monarch in my hands before I have one of your WASPs or HIVEs in them.

Bicknellski

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:52:40 PM

http://www.btcpedia.com/butterfly-labs-announces-monarch-mining-blade/

From past experience to anyone new here considering purchasing from this company, if they are promising November/December 2013 delivery, you can expect to receive it in January or February of 2015. No, I am not joking.

It took BFL 14 months from when they started taking pre-orders for their ASIC line to when they finally started shipping them in any kind of volume to real customers.

bcp19

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:36:59 PM

http://www.btcpedia.com/butterfly-labs-announces-monarch-mining-blade/

From past experience to anyone new here considering purchasing from this company, if they are promising November/December 2013 delivery, you can expect to receive it in January or February of 2015. No, I am not joking.

It took BFL 14 months from when they started taking pre-orders for their ASIC line to when they finally started shipping them in any kind of volume to real customers.
I figured you'd be too chicken to man up yet again Bickski.

Bicknellski

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:17:17 AM

October, November, December, January and now February do you know where your Monarch is? 4 months behind initial estimates. I am sensing a pattern. Overpriced, 600 / 300 gh/s arriving in Huh you get a goose egg on this product no matter what you say it is a dog of product that doesn't even have working chips yet. LOL.

Lawsuits.

FCC breathing down BFL's neck. Oh boy this year is going to be AWESOME.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: