Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:38:24 AM

i am waiting from the answer from one of the two Eligius persons before i switch to coinbase wallet...

It's never recommended to mine to an address that you do not control personally.

That said, I do believe Coinbase is one of the few services that does properly handle generated payouts, so, technically you should be able to.  

But again, I do not recommend mining to any address/wallet you don't actually control, as in you have the private key(s).  Doesn't anyone remember MtGox?  Cry
I'm sure everyone remembers that MTGox paid for Eligius' servers in order to get free transactions ...

Kano, I like you, I really do. But... Jesus, man, put a cork in it. How long can you keep a feud going to no purpose? If I had to pick who I'd rather have a beer or a bowl with between you, CK, Luke-jr, and Wizkid, I'd probably only exclude Luke because inevitably we'd clash over Christianity. Whatever went down between y'all was years ago. Have a smoke and chill, will ya?
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/394gw5/q_i_want_to_use_my_old_s1_antminer_for_solomining/cs173ok

Sending me to Reddit (puke) is just plain dirty Tongue I see your point. I said essentially the same thing to both CK and Luke probably a year ago. I'd prefer there be peace among the lot of you. But it ain't my affair.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcmner

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:30:13 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 09:29:14 AM by btcmner

I'm sure everyone remembers that MTGox paid for Eligius' servers in order to get free transactions ...
Can you prove it ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441465.msg12061465#msg12061465
You're not proving your allegation : "that MTGox paid for Eligius' servers in order to get free transactions", you're merely citing a message from Whizkid saying that at some point Eligius hosting was provided for by Mt Gox.

Furthermore, in that same message, Whizkid reminds that not only would the potential transaction fees have not covered hosting fees, but also MtGox was almost always setting non-free transaction fees, which contradicts your allegation ("in order to").

You might want not to throw baseless accusations attacking the (presupposed) intentions, therefore the character, of whom you are talking to, this is dirty. If you have some personal grudge against Eligius for some obscure private reason, it's possible that it is not of interest to other people, and spreading FUD will only result into your reputation being damaged by your own actions.

Mining for fun.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:53:04 AM

You might want not to throw baseless accusations attacking the (presupposed) intentions, therefore the character, of whom you are talking to, this is dirty. If you have some personal grudge against Eligius for some obscure private reason, it's possible that it is not of interest to other people, and spreading FUD will only result on your reputation being damaged by your own actions.
I'll use Luke's excuse Smiley
The irc conversations I have that attest to this from other sources are private Smiley

There's also a thread about this somewhere here on the forum ...

P.S. hmm my reputation ... well that's certainly not something I care too much about considering the lies and FUD people spread about me ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:13:20 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 02:30:00 AM by toptek

i am waiting from the answer from one of the two Eligius persons before i switch to coinbase wallet...

It's never recommended to mine to an address that you do not control personally.

That said, I do believe Coinbase is one of the few services that does properly handle generated payouts, so, technically you should be able to.  

But again, I do not recommend mining to any address/wallet you don't actually control, as in you have the private key(s).  Doesn't anyone remember MtGox?  Cry

Kano, I like you, I really do. But... Jesus, man, put a cork in it. How long can you keep a feud going to no purpose? If I had to pick who I'd rather have a beer or a bowl with between you, CK, Luke-jr, and Wizkid, I'd probably only exclude Luke because inevitably we'd clash over Christianity. Whatever went down between y'all was years ago. Have a smoke and chill, will ya?

I like him to, i think hes very cool . but him and luke most of had some really bad words beyond what we saw i guess . I'm not tiring to start anything . i mean that ...

but

. By  that i mean there is a lot respect on this site , Ive never seen any other place I'm not just saying that .  one example is go to the some of the so called gaming forums were there is suppose to be respect but make one post that might help the game  etc they don't like it you ass is glass and the DEV let them do it. here on one really does it and they actually back off .

SO ,why all the fighting. Your cool lukes cool etc I would hate to see one day a really bad post that might end in a really bad way .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:12:12 AM

But again, I do not recommend mining to any address/wallet you don't actually control, as in you have the private key(s).  Doesn't anyone remember MtGox?  Cry

I like him to, i think hes very cool . but him and luke most of had some really bad words beyond what we saw i guess . I'm not tiring to start anything . i mean that ...

but

. By  that i mean there is a lot respect on this site , Ive never seen any other place I'm not just saying that .  one example is go to the some of the so called gaming forums were there is suppose to be respect but make one post that might help the game  etc they don't like it you ass is glass and the DEV let them do it. here on one really does it and they actually back off .

SO ,why all the fighting. Your cool lukes cool etc I would hate to see one day a really bad post that might end in a really bad way .

Yeah, I guess that's more or less where I'm at. Both Kano and Luke helped me when I was a raw newbie, and when I was a little less raw, Con helped me understand cgminer. Whizkid hasn't actually assisted me in any way other than just explaining things very well while running Eligius, and all four have been cool to me. Of the lot, Whizkid and Con have both pretty much backed off... Kano and Luke won't let whatever went down back in the day go. It must have been pretty ugly Tongue
cent

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:58:19 PM

attempt number 2
Can i mine with MultiBit HD wallet on Eligius ?!
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:07:33 PM

Estimated Total:    0.18650408 BTC   

336.54433975 BTC are ahead in queue, putting this user's payout after a 13 block delay.

wtf!!!!
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:52:58 PM

wtf!!!!

Did someone not read the directions first?

• The full block reward (including transaction fees) is distributed according to the Capped PPS with Recent Backpay (CPPSRB) system.
  • When a block is found, the pool pays up to 25 BTC + fees worth of qualifying payouts, prioritized by how long each payee has been waiting
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:31:21 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 12:01:34 AM by toptek

attempt number 2
Can i mine with Multi HD wallet on Eligius ?!

This one  https://multibit.org/  if so  YES just let it make a BTC address to use like this here :

THIS pools URL

stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334

The Multi HD wallet BTC ADDRESS you made using it here with the miner you are using

WHAT miner are you using ? .

x

if you read up little more, i believe wizkid all ready explained that you could with a warning.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:41:13 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 11:57:58 PM by toptek

wtf!!!!

• The full block reward (including transaction fees) is distributed according to the Capped PPS with Recent Backpay (CPPSRB) system.
  • When a block is found, the pool pays up to 25 BTC + fees worth of qualifying payouts, prioritized by how long each payee has been waiting

to add your not solo mining here you are sharing with others in the pool if you want to solo mine go here  http://solo.ckpool.org/  but you will not get a thing  there unless you hit a block then those 25 coins are all yours but be prepared for no payout  . IMO that's the best pool around to solo mine at.

as far as i know mining at this kind of pool you will never get the full block if you hit it .

and
why the payout is the way it is here you are not paying a fee for mining here .

I love using this pool because you won't find one like it any more .

cent

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:34:28 AM

attempt number 2

This one  https://multibit.org/  if so  YES just let it make a BTC address to use like this here :

THIS pools URL

The Multi HD wallet BTC ADDRESS you made using it here with the miner you are using

x

if you read up little more, i believe wizkid all ready explained that you could with a warning.

I asked the question because Eligius was a list of wallets (bitcoin core, armory, coinbase, electrum) and not a word about Multibit
At the moment I'm using bitcoin core, but due to frequent power outages in my area, there are failures when using heavy wallet. So I turn on a light wallet.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:23:18 AM

considering the lies and FUD people spread about me ...

Hmm... let me introduce you guys.

Pot, meet kettle.  Kettle, meet pot.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:26:49 AM

I asked the question because Eligius was a list of wallets (bitcoin core, armory, coinbase, electrum) and not a word about Multibit
At the moment I'm using bitcoin core, but due to frequent power outages in my area, there are failures when using heavy wallet. So I turn on a light wallet.

Sorry, missed the question about HD.  Currently no support for an HD wallets as I haven't yet seen a widely adopted implementation worth implementing on the pool side.  I am working on P2SH address support, but it is not yet complete.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:14:09 AM

attempt number 2

THIS pools URL

x

you can use paper wallet instead or vanitygen  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0) then import them into multibit
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/14154/how-do-import-a-paper-private-key-into-multibit

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
cent

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:27:55 AM

wizkid057, noobtrader
THX !
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:07:30 AM

rrrrrrrrr

''normally'' i am at 7blocks reward
wednesday it was at 7, thursday at 14blocks...
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:47:58 PM

rrrrrrrrr

''normally'' i am at 7blocks reward
wednesday it was at 7, thursday at 14blocks...

Some days, the bear gets you...
btcmner

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:51:25 PM

Hello everyone http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/pushtxn.php is not actually pushing the tx to network nor to the pool intself.It gives the hash but the tx doesn't appear anywhere and when Eligius finds a block the tx is not in it.
Did you wait for the next block ? If you submit a transaction while the current block is being calculated, it will probably be pushed to the next one.

Mining for fun.
marvykkio

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:33:39 AM

wtf!!!!

to add your not solo mining here you are sharing with others in the pool if you want to solo mine go here  http://solo.ckpool.org/  but you will not get a thing  there unless you hit a block then those 25 coins are all yours but be prepared for no payout  . IMO that's the best pool around to solo mine at.

as far as i know mining at this kind of pool you will never get the full block if you hit it .

and

it is impossible to find a block of kano, at least you do not have at least 50 terahash

I I 4.5 terash not ever find a block
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:00:55 AM

wtf!!!!

and

it is impossible to find a block of kano, at least you do not have at least 50 terahash

I I 4.5 terash not ever find a block
No idea what you mean by that, since way lower hash rates than 4.5THs have found blocks on http://solo.ckpool.org/
but the probability of finding a solo block in 1 day at http://solo.ckpool.org/ is also simple to calculate

If current network difficulty is N and your hash rate is X THs
Then the chance of you finding a block in 1 day is
1 chance in ~ N * 2^32 / (60 * 60 * 24 * X * 10^12)

So the current chance of finding a block in 1 day with 1THs is:
N = 52699842409.3
1 chance in ~ 2.26x10^20 / 8.64x10^16
or 1 chance in ~ 2619 per day solo mining with 1THs

So although it's not very likely that you'll find a solo block with 1THs, it's certainly not that improbable, and happens on occasion with low hash rates.

Note also regarding quoted comments, transaction fees are not always distributed here.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: