Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061063 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 11:54:41 PM

I'm still hard at work on updates!

Not much I can share right now, but, things are moving along.

Apologies again on the delayed manual payout.  I'm currently working on some code in that area and as soon as I've verified everything works properly with the updated code I'll get the manual payout done!  I was shooting for yesterday but ran into some snags.  Hopefully will have everything needed for that validated by tomorrow.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StevenD

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:15:12 PM

Last Saturday I posted asking for info on payouts, originally I stopped mining because I mined part of the time before the 26th April Block, and I thought I would get some payment when I got past the basic queue entry amount, but then a few days later the system still said I had 181BTC and 7 Blocks to wait, so I stopped, Then I checked when I posted on Saturday and it said there was 210BTC and 8 Blocks in front of me in the queue, and today I checked and "there is 261.03297392 BTC are ahead in queue, putting this user's payout after a 10 block delay."

I know that the answer at the weekend was, that new software is on the way and it will be cleared soon, and I understand doing stuff in spare time with a full time job and a family, but t I am still going backwards, its only about .3BTC but at this rate....

Maybe I didnt understand something, will have to re-read the payout system or the posts again..
StevenD

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:56:23 PM

Hopefully will have everything needed for that validated by tomorrow.

Forget my earlier post, i should have read through the latest posts before i hit send..

thanks
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:12:27 PM

Last Saturday I posted asking for info on payouts, originally I stopped mining because I mined part of the time before the 26th April Block, and I thought I would get some payment when I got past the basic queue entry amount, but then a few days later the system still said I had 181BTC and 7 Blocks to wait, so I stopped, Then I checked when I posted on Saturday and it said there was 210BTC and 8 Blocks in front of me in the queue, and today I checked and "there is 261.03297392 BTC are ahead in queue, putting this user's payout after a 10 block delay."

I know that the answer at the weekend was, that new software is on the way and it will be cleared soon, and I understand doing stuff in spare time with a full time job and a family, but t I am still going backwards, its only about .3BTC but at this rate....

Maybe I didnt understand something, will have to re-read the payout system or the posts again..
Once you enter the payout queue you continue earning based on your hashrate, so if there are 210BTC ahead of you and they are continuing to submit valid shares that the pool will pay then more BTC will be ahead of you. The same applies to you, as long as you are continuing to submit valid shares your 0.3BTC will continue to rise.

If Wiz is working on the payout software odds are the auto payout is disabled while it's being worked on.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:50:50 PM

Ran into some non-pool-related issues yesterday that I had to take care of.  Unfortunately this set me back a bit on finishing up the modifications to the auto payout system.

I really want to get this queue cleared out ASAP, so I'm really hustling to make that happen.  Famous last words: I didn't expect it to take this long!

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
StevenD

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:45:16 PM

Famous last words: I didn't expect it to take this long!

I didn't give up, i even pointed 500TH at the pool for a good period of yesterday, so with that extra work, I am currently showing as having about 0.5BTC in the queue,

But I am still just going backwards,  It started off around the 26th april with a queue in front of me that was 180+BTC and an estimated 7 block wait, now its saying 287+ BTC are ahead in queue, and an estimated 11 block delay, but the pools found 5 blocks and if the queues BTC is correct, then at least to me it doesn't look like anyone's had any payout maybe in the last 11 blocks? or maybe from this same weekend last month..

Do you have anything you can update about what is happening.

Thanks

sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:48:06 PM

well i have not received a payout since 04/20 Shocked

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:31:01 PM

OK, so, finally got my updates done to the payout code.  Automatic/coinbase payouts should be working again, although I'm keeping a close eye on things still.

I also am re-syncing the blockchain for my offline wallet machine, so, as soon as that's done I'll have everything ready to clear this queue.

I'm being dragged out away from my desk a bit today/tonight, but the first chance I have at my desk with everything ready I'll be clearing up the payout queue.

Thanks for your patience!

Happy mining Smiley

StevenD

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:49:22 AM

Its been I think about another 48 hrs since your post,  can you give any more detail on the time to payout ?

I have done some more mining, didn't just give up, and currently have 0.9+btc in your queue, but the queue still seems to be getting bigger, when what I was due was at 0.3btc it wasn't so much an issue, but as it now climbs towards a full bitcoin it does focus the mind a little, and the current queue and payouts do not seem, on the face of it to have started to diminish.
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:17:26 PM

yea no payout in the foreseeable future just... Grin

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:22:34 PM

The payout queue has NOT grown since I got automatic payouts back online.  It has not shrunk either, though, because I got held up before I was able to get to the manual payout yesterday.

It's not as simple as just hitting a button and it's done, I promise.  If it was I would have had it done already.

Every time I do a manual payout I let CPPSRB generate the payout list and I actually manually verify that things look sane with current data and my historical copies of the database to make sure that all of the payouts are in order.  It's not a terribly difficult process, but it is a little time consuming.  Plus, Eligius's offline wallet is setup so it's not be the easiest thing to get funds out of, purposefully, for added security.  I don't like Eligius having miner funds at all, personally.

Overall, it takes a bit of time to do manual payouts, and everything has to be done all at once because if we find a block before I'm done then I have to start over.  Either that, or I have to put auto payouts on hold for an extended period while I work on the manual payout, which kind of defeats the purpose.  I didn't end up having the time to block out for it when I thought I would after finishing some updates to the payout code, since those took a bit longer than expected, and some of my other obligations this weekend took up more time than expected.  Taking a page out of Montgomery Scott's book, I think I'm going to just start adding quadrupling the time expected to do everything on my schedule and be done with it.  Would solve expectation problems for sure.  lol.

I think the new back end and front end working being done is going to be well worth it, though, especially since one of the goals is to make manual payouts be needed VERY infrequently.

StevenD

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:20:43 PM

Hi

All I am looking for is some info, your last post still doesn't actually give info, up to now I have read that ..

on may 3rd that you were hoping for yesterday (2nd may) but it will prob be the day after (4th may) ,

on may 6th that your testing and that your just re-syncing the wallet..

and now 48hrs later, almost 9th May and I asked for an update, and in your answer It seems like your kinds ranting at me, giving me CAPS when all I want to know is what is happening, cause it isn't good to sit here and wait and wait.

As far as I can tell your sitting on a queue that's not been paid out for about 4 to 6 weeks, and to be honest if I had realised that before I started mining, then I wouldn't have mined.

Whats amazing me is your response, Ok, life gets in the way, crap happens, but your sitting on roughly 120k of BTC that it seems had already stopped wasn't getting paid out to miners even before I started to mine, and since I started there's been 7 more blocks, Ok you say that the total of the queue BTC hasn't grown up in the last 24 hrs, its still at 286BTC, but its showing that I have to still wait another 12 blocks from now, I only started with a 7 Block wait, and those have passed, so a 12 blocks more wait does make it feel like I am going backwards.

I took the advise of some other users and did more mining to see if it bumped me up the queue, all it did was make more btc in the queue that is owed to me,

I am sure there's not just myself would like to know, but what is your timeline to paying out, following on from your last posts which implied or stated that your re syncing to make the payments, when will they happen, sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but the only person I can ask is you, you have the answers, no-one else.
RobN1972

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:13:19 PM

Now about 5 weeks in queue and through this time (with 10+ blocks found by the pool) my wait time has gone from 5 to 6 blocks.  I've quietly followed this discussion to see updates and have seen many promises of a manual payout, dating back to mid April actually.  Over the past week, there have been 2 updates suggesting 'tomorrow' and still nothing so I too must steer my miners away from here for now.  I really hope things get back on track.  I like this pool and I like WK (not that I know him, but I get a sense of who he is through his posts).

I'll keep checking in, and when I am finally paid and the queue is under 2 blocks, I'll be back.  Hope that is soon Grin

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:32:50 PM

I'm doing my best to get all of the new code done for the upcoming revisions to the pool, and my time is limited.  I spent a good amount of my "vacation" working on code for these updates, and a good chunk of my remaining free time.  As most are aware, running Eligius is not my actual normal paying job.  I do this on a volunteer basis and make zip from running the pool... the 0% fee is possible because Eligius is run by volunteers and donations.  

Since I keep slipping on my time estimates for the manual payout, I'm just not going to give one.  I assure you that when I have the contiguous block of free time required to make it happen, it will happen.  Just so you know, I do nothing with the Eligius funds besides pay miners, verifiable in the blockchain, since I'm now having people accuse me via email of using miner funds for other purposes.  A quick glance at the transaction histories easily disproves such nonsense since none of the coins have been touched since, you guessed it, the last manual payout.

Honestly, and this this directed at no one in particular, in my opinion if you can't handle waiting a short while for earnings to be paid then you probably just shouldn't be mining at all.  One of the things that annoys me to no end is that I've had emails/tickets/etc from people with pending balances less than 0.01 BTC (below the automatic payout threshold) demanding that I pay them right now because they need that less-than-one-bitcent to cover their expenses.  If you really can't wait until the next manual payout to get your dust payout, then you're doing something wrong and need to reevaluate your position.  I understand that there are miners which have non-dust balances due, but at the same time there is only one miner in the payout queue with what I would consider as having a significant balance... and the ironic thing is that I think this might be the only miner NOT sending/posting messages on all channels about the pending manual payout.

TLDR:  Please just relax.  I will get to the manual payout as soon as the time is available and everything is in order.  Miners abandoning Eligius are simply making the automated queue go more slowly, for one, and are also lessening their chances of getting some added benefits I have in store for veteran/supporting miners under the upcoming system (qualification criteria TBD).  The coming revisions will speak for themselves, and I'm pretty sure there are going to be some folks kicking themselves later.  Doesn't make much difference to me.

id5

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:31:56 PM

Congratulations on keeping positive Whizkid!

Ignore the whiners, you have proved yourself as both honourable and trustworthy too many times. The veteran/supporting miners and those that understand that variance means 'have multiple miners at more than one pool dumb arse!' will still be around for the next manual pay out.

My thanks and keep up the good work!

Adrock1412

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:57:14 PM

I've mined with Eligius with going on 3 years, I had at one time thought Wizkid might have been up to something fishy, but I've seen the payout queue at owing over $500k (price at time was much higher) worth of bitcoin and everything he said he would do he did, you may have to wait longer at Eligius to get a payout, but believe me you will get it, I have no doubt about it and am not worried in the least!!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:57:31 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2016, 09:16:01 PM by wizkid057

Deleted a post that was essentially the same repeated argument from a previous of the poster's... both of which greatly exaggerate things and neither of which was actually helpful.

Thanks to those who have been supportive.

Again, I will get the manual payout done ASAP.  This is my final post on the matter and further tickets/emails/posts on the subject will be ignored without response.  I'm not wasting any more time discussing it... time I can be spending actually working on the pool.

Edit:  Deleted another post by the same poster and added this poster to my automatic deletion script for 24 hours.

Edit: @StevenD, Removed posts.  Your continuing posts complaining about the payout queue are not helpful.  Please just mine where you feel the grass is greener vs wasting everyone's time here, or read up on the payout queue.  Edit:  Also added to my automatic deletion script for 24 hours.

Anyone else?

To make things perfectly clear: NO ONE is getting a manual payout until I get the full manual payout completed.  It is just as much work to pay one person as it is to pay the whole queue.  No amount of complaining is going to change that.  Miners are either being paid by the automatic payout system as the pool finds blocks, or by my full manual catch up payment when I get to it.  The more people waste my time PMing/emailing/posting nonsense the less time I'll have to actually do so.

I really don't mean to sound like an ass, but it is what it is.  The various accusations and general FUD are wearing very thin.

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:48:51 AM

266.16936134 BTC in manual payments applied to balances from tx fae760f4fcab13ab5f596b61167ded5dc823ee624a6f6a59fa6d42f11ed2bb18

canford

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 08:28:42 AM

Thanks wk.  Sorry you get besieged every time the queue gets long.  I'm still mining with Eligius, even though with my electric rate it doesn't make financial sense.  But I like supporting bitcoin, and I like supporting Eligius, so what the heck.

Пoльзyйтecь бecплaтнo и пишитe чтo вaм нyжнo yлyчшить:trd.ai
Bидeo, кaк пoльзoвaтьcя пpoeктoм:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNhx715vOOk&feature=youtu.be
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:07:02 AM

266.16936134 BTC in manual payments applied to balances from tx fae760f4fcab13ab5f596b61167ded5dc823ee624a6f6a59fa6d42f11ed2bb18
this was a big trust booster  Grin
and the queue has one block, nice!
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: