Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:58:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Will [JASPABAN] (Just Another Site Proposal Again By Another Noob)  (Read 885 times)
indicasteve (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 07:23:30 AM

I love working on ideas...

This is the concept of an 'E-Will'.  Essentially, if you fall off the net and "die" you can have a preselected benefactor receive an e-mail message package.

If you fall off the grid for a preselected time, (2-24 weeks) the system sends out an email (with optional attachments) to the people you choose.

An example:
I want someone to have my bitcoin wallet if I die.  So I encrypt the file and upload it to E-Will and give my benefactor the decryption key.  If I don't 'check in' for 14-180 days the system timer will assume I have died and will send the email package to my benefactor.

The only thing I can't figure out is a good way to 'check in' to reset the system timer.  You could log into the E-Will website once a week to reset the timer, but that would suck.  It would be great to reset the timer every time you logged into Facebook or something.  Would there be a way to reset the timer every time you logged into gmail or facebook?  Probably not unless you were working directly with them.

But the idea is that if you don't log in for a selected time, your message and encrypted file(s) get sent to the benefactor(s) of your choice.

Someone set this up in SL.  Put your items in a box, and if you don't log in for a month, the box and it's contents get sent to your friend.  Some things just seem so much easier in there....

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogisland

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:05:53 AM

That's a great idea. I like the idea of resetting the timer via facebook or gmail.

Perhaps you can do something via the facebook api.

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 06:30:51 PM

Oh, that's easy. Just watch someone's Facebook feed. If they haven't posted in a week, they're obviously in jail or dead. Smiley

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:38:55 PM

Meh?

http://www.deadmansswitch.net/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: