Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 04:17:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin vs Litecoin, Nothing but the Truth. | WSC Team  (Read 4073 times)
thimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:32:50 PM

I think DOGE has crushed the endless attempts to crash the coin. Now everyone will either be on the train or waiving as it rolls on to crush rivals on the way to #2 crypto coin in a few short months.
This, when the litecoiners pointed half of their hashing power to doge and tried to dump it. It dropped like 2 satoshis. This points out that dogecoin's rise is inevitable. Resistance to this is futile as people like it more than litecoin, Doge will surely rise above litecoin. I'm willing to bet a $100, that doge will.

i can rent this1
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:55:37 PM

The source article is a little click-baity and I don't think anyone in dogecoin wants to see litecoin's value fall or thinks that dogecoin is a better coin.  The community respects, values and needs all the development work that litecoin has achieved to date.  I believe that a rising tide will lift all our little boats and we should all work together to bring as many new people into crypto currencies as possible.  

To that extent we should all be supporting dogecoin.  They are bringing in users faster than any other coin and increasing the number of dogecoin addresses at a faster rate than any other coin including bitcoin.  Please remember that Bitcoin is tiny and only has somewhere between 1 and 2 million active users.  The PR dogecoin is doing is invaluable to the whole community so if you are at all agnostic I would suggest getting behind this tipping thing and bring someone new to the table.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:59:27 PM

The source article is a little click-baity and I don't think anyone in dogecoin wants to see litecoin's value fall or thinks that dogecoin is a better coin.  The community respects, values and needs all the development work that litecoin has achieved to date.  I believe that a rising tide will lift all our little boats and we should all work together to bring as many new people into crypto currencies as possible. 

To that extent we should all be supporting dogecoin.  They are bringing in users faster than any other coin and increasing the number of dogecoin addresses at a faster rate than any other coin including bitcoin.  Please remember that Bitcoin is tiny and only has somewhere between 1 and 2 million active users.  The PR dogecoin is doing is invaluable to the whole community so if you are at all agnostic I would suggest getting behind this whole tipping thing and bring someone new to the table.

And when mining stops? Is it to end like in a month or 2 or am I wrong? If that happens, your just left with "investing" and that is going to turn off 75% of the people who support it now. Much of the fun is mining any coin

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
WompRat

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:06:47 PM

And when mining stops? Is it to end like in a month or 2 or am I wrong? If that happens, your just left with "investing" and that is going to turn off 75% of the people who support it now. Much of the fun is mining any coin

I am not the best authority on this, but I understand dogecoin will be mined out mid 2015.  It is unclear at the stage what will happen next. Currently there is a 5% inflation built in, but as that is something of a bug the developers plan to see what happens to other coins that get mined out first.  They are planning to take a pragmatic approach.

I think Quark is one of these coins and has a similarly inflationary principle, but correct me if I am wrong.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:09:03 PM

I am not the best authority on this, but I understand dogecoin will be mined out mid 2015.  It is unclear at the stage what will happen next. Currently there is a 5% inflation built in, but as that is something of a bug the developers plan to see what happens to other coins that get mined out first.  They are planning to take a pragmatic approach.

well if that is the case the coin has some time then.

But then again I recall all the hype with feathercoin. Where is it now? Some of us been there and done that.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
WompRat

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:14:18 PM

The hype and the PR is the only reason I am pro doge.  I feel it is what bitcoin is most sorely lacking.  The hype may die down, but if there is a fair wind we will have recruited some new people who will just switch to bitcoin which is fine by me.
thimo

thimo the dev

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:25:12 PM

I am not the best authority on this, but I understand dogecoin will be mined out mid 2015.  It is unclear at the stage what will happen next. Currently there is a 5% inflation built in, but as that is something of a bug the developers plan to see what happens to other coins that get mined out first.  They are planning to take a pragmatic approach.

well if that is the case the coin has some time then.

But then again I recall all the hype with feathercoin. Where is it now? Some of us been there and done that.
The feathercoin hype was a pump and lasted 3 days? This hype is already lasting 3 weeks.

i can rent this1
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:33:50 PM

So many back and forths each day with DOGE. For some reason though, when I look at DOGE, it reminds me of the Macarena or Gangnam Style. So yeah, the hype is gonna last a while, but I'm still not convinced that this has long lasting and staying  attributes. Just my thoughts...
WompRat

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:49:22 PM

So many back and forths each day with DOGE. For some reason though, when I look at DOGE, it reminds me of the Macarena or Gangnam Style. So yeah, the hype is gonna last a while, but I'm still not convinced that this has long lasting and staying  attributes. Just my thoughts...

Maybe.  Lolcat is 7 years old this year and continues to make millions for Cheezburger.  Some meme's are better than others...
carajillu

Activity: 577

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:51:18 PM

What happened to Dogecoin at Cryptsy??? I cant see the balances and pairs!
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

Maybe.  Lolcat is 7 years old this year and continues to make millions for Cheezburger.  Some meme's are better than others...

That is true. Although from what I can tell, the market share (not revenue) of Cheezburger has gone on a stagnant/slightly downward trend these last few years. If DOGE was to stagnate in market share, that would be a very disastrous thing for DOGE (because of the mining protocol). As a note, I haven't put a ton of analytics into this stuff, so even I'm taking my views with a grain of salt. The only way to really know things is by waiting.
WompRat

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:03:22 PM

What happened to Dogecoin at Cryptsy??? I cant see the balances and pairs!

It looks like they are updating the wallet to 1.5.  These blockchain downloads are a pain.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:08:16 PM

In doge was no technical thought put into its design as it was conceived as a joke...and although the community is rallying behind it right now, that meme is going to run its course and it'll fade into obscurity and it's trading will be like ftc.
Bitcoin and some others coins with innovation is where it is for one reason - global demand. Dogecoin's demand exists on web forums and that's about it.

Litecoin's demand is basically only on web forums as well. It's really not useful for anything.
Aside from our insular communities on bitcointalk and litecointalk, a lot more people are aware of dogecoin.
thimo

thimo the dev

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:48:45 PM

In doge was no technical thought put into its design as it was conceived as a joke...and although the community is rallying behind it right now, that meme is going to run its course and it'll fade into obscurity and it's trading will be like ftc.
Bitcoin and some others coins with innovation is where it is for one reason - global demand. Dogecoin's demand exists on web forums and that's about it.

Litecoin's demand is basically only on web forums as well. It's really not useful for anything.
Aside from our insular communities on bitcointalk and litecointalk, a lot more people are aware of dogecoin.
LiteCoin, the number 1 coin for buying other coins.

i can rent this1
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

Litecoin is far better than dogecoin litcoin has been very successful and will continue to be successful as doge will probably be forgotten about just like ripple.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
alpha492 (OP)

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:02:54 PM

what a crap attempt and trying to pump dogecoin.

Dogecoin better then Litecoin ahahahah
Say anything you want about the argument but we have never nor will we ever publish articles for the sake of 'pumping'

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:09:22 PM

Litecoin is far better than dogecoin litcoin has been very successful and will continue to be successful as doge will probably be forgotten about just like ripple.

LTC bag holders are in complete denial. HASHRATE, VOLUME, COMMUNITY. The game is already over, LTC is dead coin walking.

DOGE halves this month.....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
phrozenspite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:20:26 PM

While i disagree that anything is going to come of DOGE longterm, i think this has definitely shown that LTC doesn't offer anything.  It's strength was support, which a large portion of that jumped off to mine a more profitable coin.  It isn't the fastest coin, it isn't the first scrypt coin(contrary to what some of the newbies around here believe), and it hasn't built anything like what Worldcoin is with Scharmbeck for example.

agentmike

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:49:47 PM

, the memes are helping to make it attractive to  any kind of person. And the community its using it a lot for any kind of things.

/rant

Dogecoin doesn't bring anything than a ridiculous and empty meme.

The only strength it has is the number of idiots who find it appealing for now.

and so did BitCoin ..

lets face it..  How did BitCoin became what is now?
btcmania

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:09:57 AM

We see new coins released every day. They come with sparkling graphics in the announcement thread and a promise of xxxxxxxxx coins and a reward of 100 coins per block. People mine them, a few lucky ones manage to make it to an exchange. Some die off due to lack of interest.

However I haven't seen a single coin come out in the last year that is actually used. By used I mean beyond buying up hordes of them, reselling them. You may as well be selling wireless extension cords, boxes of pure air, sandpaper toilet paper.

So many new coins with so many new promises, faster transaction times, the ability to add a message to the coin, NXT, Doge, Etherum, blah blah blah....

Yet we still don't see anyone implementing all the dozens of new coins coming out every month.

Go back to the very beginning, go back to the days of BTC and LTC and even those pioneers are still having a difficult time being adopted by e-retailers.

Litecoin has more hope than Doge ever will. It's about $20-22 per coin. At this point though people are too fixated on trying to get rich by pumping the newest coin out there, nobody ever stops to ask, "But what is the coin good for, what will it ever be good for?"

Hi.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: