Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooling for your mine? Looking for solutions! Post your setups!  (Read 956 times)
Kaega (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:13:06 AM

This is primarily aimed at those running pretty decent mines.  Keep on topic (cooling) and no lectures about being a miner (ROI, etc).

My setup:

60x AsciMiner USB
6x BFL 60Gh/s
8x AntMiner 180Gh/s

In my environment, I currently have these sitting in my garage.  Every now and then, I'll open the garage door to allow the temperature to drop.

Everything is sitting on a wire rack shelf with a 20" fan blowing air towards the garage door as it is cold.

I have additional miners either ordered or on the way, summer is coming and I'm looking for solutions to cool this mini-mine. 

I've been pondering several solutions and wonder what all of you are doing...

Solution A:

Build a wall in the garage which is storage only (no cars), insulating the mining area and buy a portable AC unit cooling the area and venting the exhaust out the side of the house.

Solution B:

Fully insulate the garage knowing the door itself (although it'll be insulated) is "leaky" due to the way it seals as it closes and have a Ductless Mini Split A/C unit installed.   This is the most pricey of the options, but if/when I sell the house and insulated garage could be perk (?).

I do not have much room in the house itself to set all this up as I'd have to run the additional 20A circuits indoors whereas in the garage is easy and hope the central cooling can do the job.

Thoughts?

Protect your coin: Buy a Treznor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: