Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTfuture.com Beta Launch  (Read 2719 times)
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 09:49:05 AM

We are very excited to present to you BTfuture.com, the prediction market for Bitcoin users!

We currently offer over 80 markets in sports, politics, finance, and science, and we expect to add much more in the coming days and weeks.

Predictions are made through trading of Bitcoin contracts explained in our FAQ.

The site just launched today, so there may be unexpected downtimes. Please bear with us as we try to maintain site reliability and performance.

Your feedback is essential for us, so please let us know if you run into any problems, have any questions, or would like to see features on the site.

We hope everyone enjoys our work, and please get trading!

-The BTfuture Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirk390

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:20:55 PM

Hi BTfuture Team,

I just tried the service but had some issues.
I transfered  bitcoins but they don't appear in my wallet (Wallet Address:Null").

I tried to send an email, but the address on the "Contact Us" page doesn't work ("support@btfuture.com")
Could you check the email address?

Thanks,
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 04:41:47 PM

Hi Sirk,

When you click the deposit button under wallet you will receive an address to send your deposit. You can specify your withdrawal address under change address. We will look at making this clearer.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:36:28 PM

Tried signing up 4-5 hours ago, but never got the confirm e-mail. Clicked 'forgot password', still no email. Don't see anything in my spam folder.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 05:57:15 PM

Hi TTBit,

Can you PM me with the e-mail you signed up with and your username?
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 07:44:01 PM

We just discovered an issue that the jobs for crediting accounts were not processing in a timely way. This has been fixed, and rest assured all deposits are safe and accurate.
sirk390

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:50:48 PM

We just discovered an issue that the jobs for crediting accounts were not processing in a timely way. This has been fixed, and rest assured all deposits are safe and accurate.
Thanks, my BTC have been credited now!
Have you check the error on the support email address?
I tried to send an email but I got an email back from "mailer-daemon@googlemail.com" saying "We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (support) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group... "

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:56:39 PM

Looks really cool! I just registered and my coins are on their way right now.  Cool

I'm a huge fan of Bitcoin prediction markets in general, so if there's anything I can do to help, PM me or post here!
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 08:00:51 PM

Thanks, my BTC have been credited now!
Have you check the error on the support email address?
I tried to send an email but I got an email back from "mailer-daemon@googlemail.com" saying "We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (support) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group... "

It should be fixed now. I just tested the e-mail address, but please let me know if you run into that problem again.

Thanks!
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 08:01:34 PM

Looks really cool! I just registered and my coins are on their way right now.  Cool

I'm a huge fan of Bitcoin prediction markets in general, so if there's anything I can do to help, PM me or post here!

Thank you very much for your interest! I hope you enjoy the site and let us know if there are any features or markets you would like to see.
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:58:20 AM

Your site looks quite professional, but how do you plan to build bitcoin users' trust? A similar website moonco.in just went down, faking a takeover by ICE and presumably running away with users' bitcoins. The whois of your domain shows this:

Private, Registration  BTFUTURE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains by Proxy, Inc.
      DomainsByProxy.com
      15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
      Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
      United States
      (480) 624-2599      Fax -- (480) 624-2598

How does one know that this is not an elaborate scam to disappear with bitcoins a few weeks/months later?

devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 05:30:36 AM

Your site looks quite professional, but how do you plan to build bitcoin users' trust? A similar website moonco.in just went down, faking a takeover by ICE and presumably running away with users' bitcoins. The whois of your domain shows this:

Private, Registration  BTFUTURE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains by Proxy, Inc.
      DomainsByProxy.com
      15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
      Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
      United States
      (480) 624-2599      Fax -- (480) 624-2598

How does one know that this is not an elaborate scam to disappear with bitcoins a few weeks/months later?

Domains by proxy is owned by Go Daddy, and is not truly anonymous. If you wanted to find out who we were I'd imagine it is quite easy. If a trusted member of the community would like to speak with us to confirm our identities, we would be happy to oblige. We do however ask, if it is necessary, for respect of our privacy.

We completely understand the need for Bitcoin users who have been burned several times in past months to be wary with their bitcoins, but the nature of bitcoins does require a higher level of trust than is necessary for normal transactions.

The need for trust however is not unique to bitcoins, and like any other online service, we hope to earn your trust through the way we operate and do not expect it to be an easy task.

We are not a "bitcoin bank" and do not recommend users use our website for storage of large amounts of bitcoins. If you are not comfortable depositing bitcoins with us, we still hope to offer an entertaining website for those interested in prediction markets (I personally visit intrade several times a week).
fimp

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 05:20:56 PM

I am unable to login. I have clicked the link in the confirmation e-mail. Yet when I log-in, I am sent to the login page again with no error message.

devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 06:40:15 PM

Hi Fink,

Thanks for signing up! I don't know what it would do that, but I would suggest first removing all your cookies or turning them on if they are off. Also, try resetting your password and see if that helps. Let me know if that doesn't do it.
fimp

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 07:31:35 PM

Hi Fink,

Thanks for signing up! I don't know what it would do that, but I would suggest first removing all your cookies or turning them on if they are off. Also, try resetting your password and see if that helps. Let me know if that doesn't do it.
No luck. I've tried resetting password and I've tried across four different browsers. In Safari the password input field would disappear after I had typed in my e-mail.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 05:49:38 AM

Sorry but the password I wanted to use is : wHR1RZ00tLdIfS8eIJSX

No symbol requirement plz.
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 05:54:20 AM

You can always disable javascript and get past the password filter Smiley
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:20:05 AM

We've been discussing ideas about implementing shorter term markets (up to 1 week) and user suggested markets. Let us know if you would like to see either of those on our website.
allten

Activity: 455

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:49:57 AM

Congrationlations to me. Grin
I made BTFuture history: First market order executed.

I like your site and wish you succuss.

Only one suggestion: make it possilbe to have orders that are extremly small for both the number of shares and bitcoin price.
This could be accompied by an account setting that would adjust the decimal accordinally so you would'nt have to
look at very small prices (i.e 10 nBTC market order).

If you get numerous people micro trading then I "predict" most of them will start trading in larger amounts.

Just a thought.

Good Luck.

devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 08:05:33 AM

Congrationlations to me. Grin
I made BTFuture history: First market order executed.

I like your site and wish you succuss.

Only one suggestion: make it possilbe to have orders that are extremly small for both the number of shares and bitcoin price.
This could be accompied by an account setting that would adjust the decimal accordinally so you would'nt have to
look at very small prices (i.e 10 nBTC market order).

If you get numerous people micro trading then I "predict" most of them will start trading in larger amounts.

Just a thought.

Good Luck.

Hey Allen,

We saw that! Made us very excited Smiley The thing about your suggestion is that it is not quite possible because the way the site is currently designed and we always have to peg the payout to a fixed amount... so an extremely small amount always has to be relative to the highest possible bid because it must be a percentage. One thing that we could do is change the payout so that instead of having the max price be 1BTC, have the max price be 0.1 or even 0.01 BTC. I think 0.1BTC is more likely. Let me know what you think and I will try to change over to the current system this weekend.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: