Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose\check USED graphics card before buy. part II  (Read 159 times)
bandibar (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:13:28 PM
Merited by inthelongrun (1), LiliiaMorris (1)

Hello my friends,

First part how to properly evaluate the graphics card externally: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4416801.msg39350487#msg39350487

After you looked at the video card, if nothing has alerted - we go further.
We paste it into the computer, connect the monitor to the card and turn it on. You will need drivers, programs: GPU-Z , benchmark of type 3dmark and FurMark.

1. Install drivers if they are not present
2. We launch GPU-Z. We will consider GTX1060 3GB, because I found the screenshots from her.

We are looking for the characteristics of the video card, in particular the number of cores and the frequency of operation of the GPU and memory. All google in 10 seconds, here is an example of a table for some green cards:

Pay attention to the lines Cuda cores and Base clock, as seen for the GTX1063 is 1152 and 1506 respectively.

Now we looking at GPU-Z

Shaders this is Cuda cores. Shaders number should coincide. The frequency may vary slightly, depending on the acceleration by the manufacturer, but not by 50%.

Now look at the fake 1063

As you can see the name, the amount of memory is the same as on the real 1063, but the shaders and frequencies are very different.
192 cuda core has a card of 2011 GTS450, therefore, before us is a real fake, such tons are sold on Ali and ebay, and then they are resold to gullible people as a kind of real

Go ahead. Test. Running FurMark

The resolution is better to choose under the screen and include fullscreen. We press the GPU stress test and for 10 minutes we spin it.

The card should not make a whistle, restart the computer and give out errors. If a message appears that the video driver stopped responding and was successfully restored or the PC just turned off, we do not take a card.

We twisted the circle, it's time to start the benchmark. Better something more heavy, for example unigine superposition. In the settings, select the maximum memory usage and start.

Everything should be beautiful, without interference (artifacts).

If there is artifacts such:

We do not take the card.

My opinion about the cards after the mining. As practice shows, the factory marriage gets out in the first months of using the card. In the case of mining, it will happen much earlier. If the card is used in mining, say a year, then it will work for a very long time, most likely it will simply become obsolete before it dies (if, of course, it was taken care of).
There is also a blade of a video chip, mostly the cards of 2011-2013, such as the GTX560 or HD6970, are sick, so I highly recommend that they not be bought. Without fear of dumping it is possible to take cards of 9 series and above for green and RX4xx and above for reds.

Was I helpful to you? Award me +Merit

John_Levon

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:32:16 PM

Thank you for responding to my request to continue, as well as the request of the rest. Chic guide, thanks

giovinco

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:48:14 PM

Agree that basically one year of mining at around 100% is a confirmation that the card is ok. The issues you can come across are realted to thermal paste and can be fixed by just applying new paste. But if it runs smoothly there is no need to do that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: