Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are the new solidcoin accounts mached to old accounts?  (Read 3744 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:50:18 PM

The spam that caused SC to fail temporarily was small ... and since that is your excuse, then you should ALREADY have the details of your excuse ...

I likely shouldn't respond to your post as I've already read numerous posts from you trolling myself and the project however I'll give you the benefit of the doubt....

The spam isn't what caused SC to fail, it was the potential for a 51% attack to wipe out the exchanges of their USD and BTC which made me shut down the network. Rather than have people robbed blind by hackers like Artforz I will shut down the network until I have solved that problem.

All Bitcoin forks and bitcoin itself suffer from the same problem, and no exchange owner that is intelligent will support an alt chain for the foreseeable future as the hackers are now coordinating mining efforts to rob them of all their worth.
But that just says you have no reason to start a new block-chain.
Thus continue to use the old one.

... and I should add - where are these troll posts?
Most of my posts are based on facts that you seem to want to hide.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:53:39 PM

If you can read my other posts you will find that SC 2.0 has a new protocol. Supporting both the older (and insecure Bitcoin) protocol and the newer protocol introduces code bloat and more potential for bugs. ie It will take longer to get back running , combined with the issues in the old chain (spam increasing chain size).

Starting completely fresh isn't so bad, provided all existing coin owners get their coins back, that's what they care about. The general user doesn't want to know how a problem is solved, they just want their coins to be secure and for the program to work. So that is what I'm aiming to achieve, the old protocol cannot achieve that.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:55:20 PM

Will you publish some, I dunno, reasonably concise description of the new protocol, especially improvements introduced ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:04:58 PM

Will you publish some, I dunno, reasonably concise description of the new protocol, especially improvements introduced ?

Aye, a paper will be released before the final release, but after initial beta testing. Arguments can then be made against or for it and we will go from there.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:08:41 PM

Oky, looking forward to it.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:21:04 PM

If you can read my other posts you will find that SC 2.0 has a new protocol. Supporting both the older (and insecure Bitcoin) protocol and the newer protocol introduces code bloat and more potential for bugs. ie It will take longer to get back running , combined with the issues in the old chain (spam increasing chain size).......

Let me get this straight. You will support the old "vulnerable" chain? So what you are actually saying is that one can perform a "time travel" attack in old chain and rewrite the history, so to say...

And wtf do you mean buy  "Depends on method chosen. If automatic, all the coins, whether lost or not will go to the addresses as outlined in the chain. If manual wallet processing is done....."

Who chooses the method? If anything, it MUST be done automatically or not at all. There cant be any "left over" coins that you and can just pocket for "future good use".

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:26:35 PM

Urgently, BTCEx should rewrite old SC chain to give himself a billionteen coins, then claim "compensation", lol Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:31:38 PM

3) Given that the new chain will introduce the concept of coin regeneration (fixed non % based growth), automated would likely be best since lost coins will find their way back into circulation by being replaced with newly mined coins.

Oh, "coin regeneration", that's how you marketing-speak it.

Thanks, I was struggling to convey "7 coins are minted with each Geist block forever, with no upper limit" in three English words or less  Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:45:32 PM

Well, all can I say is "cool" and "Can I use your description on Geist frontpage when it goes up, please?" Cheesy

Feed the Lolcust!
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Urgently, BTCEx should rewrite old SC chain to give himself a billionteen coins, then claim "compensation", lol Wink

I suppose his client is disconnected from the network and doesn't accept new blocks. So his backup of the blockchain should be fine...
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:53:59 PM

(...)The reason for starting with a fresh genesis block is it clears the chain of the transaction spam from artforz and co, whilst also making the code easier to update in the future as we have a new protocol.(...)

What future?! What you're saying and doing is so retarded that I'll feel sorry for any idiot who downloads your software.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:57:40 PM

1) ditto - should be exciting to see the new changes

If https://github.com/doublec/solidcoin/commits/ is any indication, I can *hardly* contain myself!

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:05:37 PM

(...)The reason for starting with a fresh genesis block is it clears the chain of the transaction spam from artforz and co, whilst also making the code easier to update in the future as we have a new protocol.(...)

What future?! What you're saying and doing is so retarded that I'll feel sorry for any idiot who downloads your software.

the sheer eloquence  and substance of your rebuttal in impeccable. It really makes you think. I'm glad someone sat down and explained exactly what the problems are with the new changes realsolid is doing rather than what i have come to expect from this forum, something more under the category of "your a poopy head and I'm not inviting you to my birthday"

thanks for renewing my faith in the forums.

mooo for rent
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:56:11 PM

Good thing Solidcoin isn't being managed by a central authority. Cheesy

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 04:10:05 PM

Good thing Solidcoin isn't being managed by a central authority. Cheesy

Good thing Bitcoin isn't being managed by a central authority and allegedly backed by a corporate sponsor.   Roll Eyes

Who is the central authority?  Who is the corporate sponsor?

grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 04:17:03 PM

Aye, a paper will be released before the final release, but after initial beta testing. Arguments can then be made against or for it and we will go from there.

It will be posted on the website. It will be called something like 'How Solidcoin 2.0 Is Ready For The Bitcoin Failure'. Just like the last one it will be mostly fluff and lack any technical detail.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 04:21:14 PM

Who is the central authority?  Who is the corporate sponsor?

Gavin and co.

And I said alleged - meaning I don't have the evidence and it could be just rumor and I'm not wasting my time to search for it, but the term alleged is my honesty up front with that.... ultimately I don't care even if it is.

Gavin does not control bitcoin, he is a developer working on software for it. That is contributing to bitcoin, not the controlling of bitcoin. By "and co" I presume you mean the other people who develop software for bitcoin. Again, that is contributing to not controlling bitcoin. If you don't like their software for bitcoin, write your own software for bitcoin.

As for alleged sponsoring of bitcoin by a corporation, why did you even bring it up if you had no evidence at all? And who cares if a corporation donates time or money to bitcoin?

simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:28:13 PM

So what'll happen to the people who's coins are tied up at exchanges?    By this method I assume the coins will be sent to the exchange wallet and then they'll have to work out what belongs where.  Not sure that's going to work.

Looks like mooncoin is dead anyway so I guess those coins are lost.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:31:05 PM

So what'll happen to the people who's coins are tied up at exchanges?    By this method I assume the coins will be sent to the exchange wallet and then they'll have to work out what belongs where.  Not sure that's going to work.

Not only lost, but if moonco faked his ICE seizure like is being rumoured, he'll profit -doubly- from CH's mismanagement.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:33:05 PM

Not only lost, but if moonco faked his ICE seizure like is being rumoured, he'll profit -doubly- from CH's mismanagement.

The more the Solidcoin saga goes on the more messed up it gets. I'm not sure how coinhunter can think that after all of these issues that this currency will be a viable one for any extended period of time.

I concur SC is dead.

Unless someone wants to start a new blockchain?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: