Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are the new solidcoin accounts mached to old accounts?  (Read 3742 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:39:33 PM

Who is the central authority?  Who is the corporate sponsor?

Gavin and co.

And I said alleged - meaning I don't have the evidence and it could be just rumor and I'm not wasting my time to search for it, but the term alleged is my honesty up front with that.... ultimately I don't care even if it is.
Ha this shows your true colours.
Trying to create a rumour against Bitcoin without any facts at all.
Not even a source for the "rumour"

Meanwhile ... I'm still not seeing any reason to restart the block-chain.

I guess some people may be OK with this FUD "new protocol" excuse but you really need to get your terms correct.
The Block-Chain is the equivalent of a database and the format of the data is, well, pretty simple.

The code changes to fix these problems have nothing to do with resetting the block-chain ...

Edit: but I am certainly expecting a fake excuse made up for this anyway ... we'll see I guess

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:40:07 PM

Maybe I should buy all the solidcoins from all the Solidcoin users at 1 Geist per 1 Solidcoin ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:42:16 PM

Maybe I should buy all the solidcoins from all the Solidcoin users at 1 Geist per 1 Solidcoin ?

100 Geist per SC? No thx ^^
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:45:27 PM

Well, I wouldn't give 100 geist per 1 SC tbh.

But the 1-to-1 offer stands Cheesy [and will remain so up to Solidcoin 2.0 launch + 7 days]  Grin

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:50:19 PM

Gavin and co.

And I said alleged - meaning I don't have the evidence and it could be just rumor and I'm not wasting my time to search for it, but the term alleged is my honesty up front with that.... ultimately I don't care even if it is.
Ha this shows your true colours.
Trying to create a rumour against Bitcoin without any facts at all.
Not even a source for the "rumour"

Edit: but I am certainly expecting a fake excuse made up for this anyway ... we'll see I guess

Actually Dipshit you can see just a couple posts above your reply I decided to do some basic research and yes it is true.  Finish reading before you spew forth trash dumbass.

I just realized a 5 second google search would likely provide at least 1 credible hit....  http://www.trucoin.com/?p=80 it would appear and maybe I am wrong but they are not just donating they are employing these people, what happens when the boss wants feature xyz implemented, you say no or get fired?
LOL - yes continuing the FUD - you call that a corporate sponsor and a central authority?
Look again.

Is there a reason you removed this from your reply Smiley
Who is the central authority?  Who is the corporate sponsor?

Heh and your reply also makes it obvious ... name calling - oh I am so upset I could just give in to believing this trash you spew forth Cheesy

... still awaiting the fake excuses for the block-chain restart Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:33:29 AM

viperjbm, are you a new spoke person for SLC?
I still don't see any detailed explanation why new chain is actually needed.
I was reading your kool-aid sponsored "home page" forum. There is a lot of half truths and hot air blown up your gullible fanboys asses. This is not working here too well.

So, after 3 pages of bullshit:

1) why is new chain necessary - unclear 
2) how are old coins are matched to new ones - unclear

Please, stop waisting your own and readers time with half truths and bullshit. Give a clear and technically correct answers or just shut up.

Rest of you dipshits, if you have nothing valuable to add, go troll somewhere else.

Coinhunter, how do you answer those 2 questions (NB! keep all your meaningless crap like provocations and FUD spreading bullshit to your self. Please, do not try to be funny or cute, you fail)

If you can not give technically sound and believable explanations, you have obviously failed in every imaginable level and you are a just a liar who has wasted everybody's time.

Coinhunter, how do you answer those 2 questions? (rest of you, just shut up and wait!)

thank you.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:50:42 AM

I hope he takes my advice, and end the mining.  Start the current chain with the new fee system minus the 32. 
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 01:15:30 PM

Had a brief chat with RealSolid in IRC (I had to leave early) ... was unexpectedly uneventful.

He did mention some changes to the block-chain worth considering in a NEW chain,
(e.g. limit the size of coinbase to stop luke-jr etc from adding more sizeable SPAM in there - though of course you'd need an exception in block zero since block zero should always have something of interest in there)
however, neither mentioned are required for security reasons and thus I still know no real reason why the wipe and restart is necessary.

I also keep thinking about the irony of the statements made about how much better SC was than BTC ...

CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 01:43:22 PM

So what'll happen to the people who's coins are tied up at exchanges?    By this method I assume the coins will be sent to the exchange wallet and then they'll have to work out what belongs where.  Not sure that's going to work.

Looks like mooncoin is dead anyway so I guess those coins are lost.

Thanks to the restart many situations are possible. It's very unlikely we will have another chance for a restart in the future, and the new protocol should protect us from all known attacks to a much greater extent than any other chain.

The situation with mooncoin exchange is this, we know his large deposit addresses, if he does not help his customers soon we will merely blacklist those addresses and manually handle the requests of users of that exchange. There are certain methods we can use to track coins in and out, combined with hopefully honest people it will get resolved to most peoples satisfaction. Hopefully mr_moon returns and provides his wallet so that his users can get all the coins back without any issue. That is the ideal situation.

To those complaining about our ability to protect some of our users from fraud, it is a luxury that a chain restart allows. If we had frequent chain restarts then it isn't good for the currency, so we will obviously try to avoid any restarts going forward, SC 2.0 should be the last restart. Furthermore evidence is being gathered to determine the identity of Mr_moon so hopefully that can be resolved soon also for those affected by the BTC and NMC parts. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to those people who lost BTC/NMC. And if it wasn't for the SC restart, there wouldn't be anything I could do for SC users either. We are working with some trustworthy exchanges that will be open when v2.0 is released. So we will have less of these issues going forward.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 02:27:26 PM

"we will reset the chain"
"we will blacklist addresses"
"we will protect from fraud"
"we will do amazing never seen thing" (unless you already had use paypal that is)

CH: Your "fuck up counter" is beyond red line. Take a vacation, refresh your mind... "solidcoin" is anything but "solid" is a cracked piece of junk now.

Here's how to process the "redistribution":

- CH or one of his associates gather all the 1 M SC from that 1st block wallet at the excuse "1 M has been mined before" and then you probably need to contact that guy giving your previous and new SC addresses.

First issue:
Anonymity - ZERO

Second issue:
You'll be logged by that person, so he can also match your previous transactions to the coins you hold.

Third issue:
Not everybody will come claim the coins, so the remains will stand on CH hands.

You're a sort of "Steve Jobs" of cryptocurrencies aren't you? I wonder if you aren't thinking about include a mandatory update checking/installing function in your scamcoin, if so make it better, if the user sets a proxy, like Tor, make the function bypass it... after all you're "the king of the scamcoin" and you need to know your "sitting ducks"... sorry... users.  Tongue

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 02:59:06 PM

Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to those people who lost BTC/NMC. And if it wasn't for the SC restart, there wouldn't be anything I could do for SC users either.

You can't do anything as well about the SC that people BOUGHT with BTC on the exchange, before the shutdown, and stayed in their exchange accounts. This obviously is not in the blockchain but in Mr.Moon's database

Or are you going to return them to those others who deposited them in the exchange in the first place? Therefore STEALING them from those who legitimately purchased them?

So all those "lucky" others who deposited their mined SC on Moonco.in, and were lucky to exchange them for BTC and take the BTC out of the exchange before it shut down, will be rewarded by having their SC back?

I hope you do understand that this means you are actually rewarding Solidcoin-dumpers-for-BTC and sticking it up to those who might have wanted to invest in the future of Solidcoin by transferring BTC and buying SC on Moonco.in.

I also hope that the above example shows that restart of the chain coupled with redistribution of the coins from a central point creates many-many f*** ups which you probably haven't thought about as well.

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 05:32:51 PM

Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to those people who lost BTC/NMC. And if it wasn't for the SC restart, there wouldn't be anything I could do for SC users either.

You can't do anything as well about the SC that people BOUGHT with BTC on the exchange, before the shutdown, and stayed in their exchange accounts. This obviously is not in the blockchain but in Mr.Moon's database

Or are you going to return them to those others who deposited them in the exchange in the first place? Therefore STEALING them from those who legitimately purchased them?

So all those "lucky" others who deposited their mined SC on Moonco.in, and were lucky to exchange them for BTC and take the BTC out of the exchange before it shut down, will be rewarded by having their SC back?

I hope you do understand that this means you are actually rewarding Solidcoin-dumpers-for-BTC and sticking it up to those who might have wanted to invest in the future of Solidcoin by transferring BTC and buying SC on Moonco.in.

I also hope that the above example shows that restart of the chain coupled with redistribution of the coins from a central point creates many-many f*** ups which you probably haven't thought about as well.

+1

And how about those users that transferred SC from a pool to the exchange directly. Are you going to be sending SC to the pool?

Making these decisions to taking coins from a bad exchange and give it back to the people might seem like the right thing to do. But what makes you the dictator to be able to make this decision? This is supposed to be a decentralized currency. Not just a currency where one person can decide to shutdown the network, restart it in 2 weeks with a new version, and have all coins redistributed as he sees fit. Imagine if bitcoin was restarted after the mybitcoin theft to redistribute the bitcoins that mybitcoin stole!

If you really want to distribute it, then distribute it to exactly to those same addresses that held the coin in the old blockchain.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:19:16 PM

If you really want to distribute it, then distribute it to exactly to those same addresses that held the coin in the old blockchain.

Unlike Bitcoin, Solidcoin ain't decentralized, it's centralized over its "creator and dictator".
If he was really up to do something right, he would simply tell the people to keep their wallet.dat files and funds will be there on restart.
However SC clearly looks to be no more than his pump-and-dump scam.

To not mention the obvious; SC1 was about 0.01 btc, SC2 will worth 0.0000001 btc if someone will be dumb enough to put even a bitcent on some solidcoin exchange to show up in the future...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 09:02:22 PM

So, as a conclusion we can say:
1) There is absolutely NO reason to fuck with existing chain - There is no need for SLC 2.0.
2) Dipshit and Co. (CoinHunter/Solitcoin etc) can actually fix the solidcoin 1. code and make it attack proof but this will not help Solidcoin to scam few hundred thousand coins for himself. He needs solidcoin 2.0 an you, kool-aid drinking fool, to pull this off!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 11:30:01 PM

So what'll happen to the people who's coins are tied up at exchanges?    By this method I assume the coins will be sent to the exchange wallet and then they'll have to work out what belongs where.  Not sure that's going to work.

Looks like mooncoin is dead anyway so I guess those coins are lost.

Thanks to the restart many situations are possible. It's very unlikely we will have another chance for a restart in the future, and the new protocol should protect us from all known attacks to a much greater extent than any other chain.

The situation with mooncoin exchange is this, we know his large deposit addresses, if he does not help his customers soon we will merely blacklist those addresses and manually handle the requests of users of that exchange. There are certain methods we can use to track coins in and out, combined with hopefully honest people it will get resolved to most peoples satisfaction. Hopefully mr_moon returns and provides his wallet so that his users can get all the coins back without any issue. That is the ideal situation.

To those complaining about our ability to protect some of our users from fraud, it is a luxury that a chain restart allows. If we had frequent chain restarts then it isn't good for the currency, so we will obviously try to avoid any restarts going forward, SC 2.0 should be the last restart. Furthermore evidence is being gathered to determine the identity of Mr_moon so hopefully that can be resolved soon also for those affected by the BTC and NMC parts. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to those people who lost BTC/NMC. And if it wasn't for the SC restart, there wouldn't be anything I could do for SC users either. We are working with some trustworthy exchanges that will be open when v2.0 is released. So we will have less of these issues going forward.
Oh come on this is seriously ridiculous.

You've decided to jump from being the main developer to SoldCoin God.
You will decide who is righteous and will keep their coins and who is evil and will lose their coins for now and in the future.

Sorry - seriously that is bordering on narcissism.

Your trying to turn a open source, decentralised currency into a closed source, centralised (under your godly control) currency.

You need to walk away from here and not come back - you are USING this forum to attempt to create something that Bitcoin is the opposite of and also trying to use this forum to scam people into believing they should convert to your ideals without explaining that your ideal are the exact opposite of what Bitcoin stands for.

It's a pity the mods in this part of the forum aren't more active, since ALL solidcoin threads should be deleted and solidcoin people banned.

That may seem over the top, but seriously, simply SolidCoin is a deceit and nothing more and thus these constant posts of deceit about how SolidCoin is better and good for the Bitcoin community need to be gone.

It's not a freedom of speech issue, it's a CONSTANT lies and deceit issue that is only now becoming obvious.

johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 11:41:11 PM

@Kano

I disagree, Coinhunter should be allowed to post.

It clearly demonstrates the what and who, he and Solidcoin is.

Let him post, but give him the SCAMMER label.

Fixed.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: