Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Phobia - new social phenomenon  (Read 171756 times)
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:24:08 AM

The more various opinions I hear about Cryptocurrency, the more I realize that there is a new kind of phobic hysteria, which appears literally about everything related to Cryptocurrency, e.g. mining, trading, ICOs or lending.
In some cases people provide interesting groundings concerning Cryptocurrency risks and instability.
But in many cases their negative conclusions simply sound like: scam, deception and other "demonizing" statements.
I think this phenomenon spreads around fairly fast.
What's your opinion about it?

Most of these people with negative perceptions are not well informed about crypto. These people thrive on the false news presented by the media, banks and governments about cryptocurrency. They have failed to learn the truth. The only way to curb this is to take the truth to them through effective shared knowledge and awareness creation in every form.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:57:50 AM

haters gonna hate bro. one thing I'm glad I learned is that people are for the most part full of shit, you shouldn't take them seriously. don't try to show them they are wrong; let them stay comfortably in their ignorance.

Yes! Exactly it is, haters gonna hate. But i am sure that those haters will regret in the near future because they will not buy antyhing about cryptocurrency. There are many rumors and speculations but i would not hear them, because i know that we are in the right path with cryptos..
airdrophunter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:23:46 AM

I wonder what will be the term to be minted out from that fear. Is it cryptophobia? Whatever it is, it is just normal if you are into crypto investments. Some of people who are inexperienced in crypto investment will surely have this kind of fear when they have already experienced how their investment fall down hard.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
gajebo

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:35:55 AM

they afraid because bitcoin price is not stable and afraid lose their money because bitcoin price is expensive.
they have never tried, they are afraid to try it.
You are right, they are afraid before trying and giving the assumption that bitcoin is fraudulent, but if they have tried and it turns out that bitcoin is very profitable, they will regret that they did not invest with bitcoin before.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:47:47 AM

The more various opinions I hear about Cryptocurrency, the more I realize that there is a new kind of phobic hysteria, which appears literally about everything related to Cryptocurrency, e.g. mining, trading, ICOs or lending.
In some cases people provide interesting groundings concerning Cryptocurrency risks and instability.
But in many cases their negative conclusions simply sound like: scam, deception and other "demonizing" statements.

it must be straightened out about such statements, cryptocurrency for someone who does not know more deeply may be used as a phobia because it will continue to be something that might be detrimental to them. This must be answered with a positive statement if cryptocurrency can have a positive impact.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 06:57:56 AM

The more various opinions I hear about Cryptocurrency, the more I realize that there is a new kind of phobic hysteria, which appears literally about everything related to Cryptocurrency, e.g. mining, trading, ICOs or lending.

Many of these phobias are explainable after all what happened during the last year. However, if you di a lot of research you can definitely find a lot of good projects that still brig great profits. I would mention here specially non-ICO based projects, as there is no risk that the project to vanish after all the money from ICO have been collected.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:42:18 AM

Anybody is free to express his views regarding cryptocurrency, provided that those views are true reflections of the realities on ground. In some cases though, some people spread negative news with the motive to scare innocent people away.
izza123

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:59:28 AM

People are always afraid of something new and unknown. But fear disappears when they begin to study the cryptocurrency market and understand how it works. If, moreover, they begin to competently practice the use of crypto currency for the purpose of earning, then they stop seeing something terrible and frightening in it at all. From this I conclude that illiteracy is the cause of all fears.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:20:46 AM

they afraid because bitcoin price is not stable and afraid lose their money because bitcoin price is expensive.
they have never tried, they are afraid to try it.

its not about the unstability that they are afraid of but it is because of the bad news that they heard . they think cryptos are scam because almost all ads that we see online related to cryptos are always asking for investment or initial payments before they get started  .

speaking of phobia , phobia's were only differ from person to person  . so not all that have read negative news will possibly have a crypto phobia .
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:33:56 AM

indeed, this is observed in the market but one should not forget that such a phobia exists in any activity, especially where there is excitement and the opportunity to make money

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Koenraad Lange

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 08:23:02 AM

Many people have lost their money. Many have become afraid of cryptocurrency. I think if you buy cryptocurrency, then this should be interesting for you. Then you are not so worried about the price drop.
Excessive fear usually occurs because of something excessive. So if the phobia on cryptocurrency means it has suffered a large loss, so that fear is prolonged and haunting. Hearing his name is allergic. So there must be therapy that this is a business, and losing or winning is normal.
Wodomi

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:46:10 AM

I wonder what will be the term to be minted out from that fear. Is it cryptophobia? Whatever it is, it is just normal if you are into crypto investments. Some of people who are inexperienced in crypto investment will surely have this kind of fear when they have already experienced how their investment fall down hard.
Is that cryptophobia? Questions like that have emerged lately with the rise of crypto users, both those who have enjoyed the results or those who have suffered losses. Seeing the price of cryptocurrency continues to fall, many experience anxiety about the future of assets that have been invested, because making decisions at a time like this is very difficult. Fear is haunting because investment does not deliver as expected.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: