Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A description of the Bitcoin Talk merit system  (Read 322 times)
Geraldo

Activity: 574
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:23:28 PM

Please no, last thing we need here is a series of graphics about merit. What audience would that be targeting? Primary school children? Illiterate morons? What if they actually came and answered the thread with drawings of little merit fairies leaving gifts under the pillow?

Of course, the targets must be isn't us, right?  Cry
Then, what kind of people that didn't understand hows "merit" system work? It may refer to all people that you mentioned, Am I right?  Grin

The fact, illustrations more understandable than a tons paragraph of explanation.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:14:16 AM

Apologies for starting yet another merit thread, but I have yet to see a comprehensive description, and i hope I have created one on my blog.
This is the teaser.
The Bitcoin Talk merit system was introduced to help combat spam and inferior posting, and during the few months that it hs been in operation, it is having some success. I have read numerous posts and threads discussing the merit system, but I have yet to see a comprehensive description of its elements and operation. I hope that this article will help my readers to understand the merit structure. I am Jet Cash, and I am a merit source, I am in the list of top awarders of merit, and the list of top receivers.

Part of the confusions arises from the interchangeable use of the words 'merit' and 'sMerit', and I have replaced those with the words 'medal' and 'credit'. I feel that this makes the description of the system a far easier task. I have used some other words to describe components of the system, and these words are my creations, and they are not part of the official Bitcoin talk description.
https://talkmerit.com/the-source/index.php/articles/the-bitcoin-talk-merit-system

Any comments will be appreciated. I can post the final version in this forum if members think that it will be of benefit to others.

This is very good explainar vedio about merit system that I have found on YouTube .It is better if you can add this link to your blog.Because vedio or picture can explain far better than what have been explained in more than 1000 words and we should also jump on the bandwagon.

Link>>>https://youtu.be/B6DZkUmSnHQ
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:46:20 AM

I don't know why you posted that. It's fairly trivial, and it discusses ranking up, and doesn't go into the merit system in any depth. It is also an animated video, and if you need to watch videos to learn how to post on text boards, then you are already starting at a disadvantage. You really need to learn to read and write in English to post here, and to be able to read white papers and other information about crypto. I didn't include any pictures as a deliberate policy, and I hope that it will encourage junior members to come out of the kindergarten, and learn to read and write.

I'll probably write an article about ranking, activity and reputation some time.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
vphasitha01

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:10:38 PM

if you need to watch videos to learn how to post on text boards, then you are already starting at a disadvantage.
I'm not watching vedios to learn how to post on forum boards and don't categorized me into that group.

You really need to learn to read and write in English to post here, and to be able to read white papers and other information about crypto. I didn't include any pictures as a deliberate policy, and I hope that it will encourage junior members to come out of the kindergarten, and learn to read and write.
I really liked about your policies and I always believed that if I'm going for a writing exam, i need to practise by writing not watching or memorizing

I'll probably write an article about ranking, activity and reputation some time.
I'm hoping "P(Jet Cash is writing an article about ranking,activity and reputation)=1" and some time=ASAP Smiley
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 12:39:08 PM

I really don't understand this obsession with pictures. How difficult is it to understand a statement such as " When you receive a credit, the merit system converts that into a medal, and adds that to your medal chest. For every two medals that it puts into your chest, it adds a credit to your credit wallet"? Of course I could spend a couple of days with blender to create a morphing animation, but what would that really do to increase clarification. If you can't read and understand a bit of simple text, then you need to stop using your phone to take pictures down your girlfriend's throat, and sending them round the net. Instead you should try reading some books.

and I really did see a bunch of teens taking pictures down each others throats, and sending them to all their friends. What a waste of bandwidth.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:14:09 PM

I really don't understand this obsession with pictures. How difficult is it to understand a statement such as " When you receive a credit, the merit system converts that into a medal, and adds that to your medal chest. For every two medals that it puts into your chest, it adds a credit to your credit wallet"? Of course I could spend a couple of days with blender to create a morphing animation, but what would that really do to increase clarification. If you can't read and understand a bit of simple text, then you need to stop using your phone to take pictures down your girlfriend's throat, and sending them round the net. Instead you should try reading some books.

and I really did see a bunch of teens taking pictures down each others throats, and sending them to all their friends. What a waste of bandwidth.
Unfortunately only the minor part of the newbies and juniors here wants to understand the merit system (and the forum at all)...
The majority don't know words like "medal", "chest" etc... because it's not in connection with airdrop, faucet, bounty, etc...
They came here because they saw a youtube video about the registration process, spamming in some spam megathreads, joining airdrops, etc... but nothing in connection with bitcoin, it's technology, the blockchain, or anything serious... because it was not included in the youtube video...
There's no need to read nowdays because now you can find everything in youtube tutorial videos... people just don't want to make the effort to help themselves, they are just waiting to be served with solutions...
Of course, there are exceptions but when someone don't want any help, you can do almost nothing...
 I appreciate your effort and it will be a professional explanation, I'm sure.
Geraldo

Activity: 574
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:22:46 PM

just calm down, that was only my warm input.  Wink

Most of the old member, been understand hows "merits" system work. And your target must be newcomers, right? The input that I provide based on it.

Let's get back to your original goal, that you want people to understand how the merit system works. You will face a few types of people that who want to know how the merit system works.

1) People who love to read,
2) People who has less interest to read,
3) People who are completely lazy to read.

It would be better to present something that will attract the three types of those people above. With visual illustration, we have a better chance. IMHO

e.g., Explanation about Bitcoin and hows it works:
https://bitcoin.org/en/

But maybe you are right, explanations about merit may be isn't complicated enough to be an illustrative video like that. Some explanation paragraph may enough to explain it.  Cheesy

To make this forum better was our goal, but you were better, at least you have done it. Again, thumb up for Jet Cash
xeomthanhpho

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 02:57:15 PM

very nice. I agree with your thoughts
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 03:54:14 PM

Just to keep you guys happy, I've added a photo gallery.
 I haven't got anything to put in it yet, but the collection is active with a gallery skin.

vphasitha01

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:10:52 PM

Of course, there are exceptions but when someone don't want any help, you can do almost nothing...
You can do almost nothing everything Smiley.

Just to keep you guys happy, I've added a photo gallery.
 I haven't got anything to put in it yet, but the collection is active with a gallery skin.
Way to go and looking forward some detailed infographics.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:21:17 PM

Way to go and looking forward some detailed infographics.

They won't be from me. I'm a text and talk sort of guy.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: