Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting Bitcoin As Mode of Payment As A Business Owner  (Read 146 times)
DarkKnight68 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

Make Your Passion Your Addiction.

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:09:22 PM

Bitcoin is currently known for being unstable and unpredictable. In the viewpoint of a Business Owner, do you think you should accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment for the services or goods that you provide? Why or Why not?

I would really appreciate it if you can give me an informative answer.

Thank you very much for your time.

Do you like this topic? IF YES, then I would really appreciate it if can send me a Merit!  Wink
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:31:31 PM

Bitcoin is currently known for being unstable and unpredictable.

Do you like this topic? IF YES, then I would really appreciate it if can send me a Merit!  Wink

I think you mean the bitcoin PRICE.  Bitcoin itself is very stable.

You will never get merit if you ask for it.  :/
Bouli

Activity: 616
Merit: 104

https://t.me/Zenzo_Telegram

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 08:24:35 AM

The price is volatile, as we all know. It all depends on how you are going to use the payments that you'll receive, if you convert them to fiat every single time you receive BTC, you have nothing to worry about.

You can also choose to convert a percentage to fiat and pay your costs and hold a amount of BTC for the future.

It is just common sense...
Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:46:24 AM

You can accept Bitcoin by todays price and cash out instantly, in this case you wont lose anything.
Of course you should include all the fees in price of the goods and even couple of % more
2342q6tegw

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:57:58 PM

Bitcoin is currently known for being unstable and unpredictable. In the viewpoint of a Business Owner, do you think you should accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment for the services or goods that you provide? Why or Why not?

I would really appreciate it if you can give me an informative answer.

Thank you very much for your time.

No, I don't think bitcoin makes sense given its volatilty and slow transaction times. That means potentially tax rates could change from hour to hour, I might be making a large profit when the transfer starts, and then by the time the confirmation goes through, it is another red sunday and now I'm losing money ont he sale, but I can't reverse it becuase the blockchain is immutable. However I think an alternative crypto (Most likely on ETH or NEO) could be the stable crypto coin that is viable for this use case.
apimembership

Activity: 448
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:06:52 AM

the key is to convert your btc after transaction was finished,if you do it, i think it is a good approach to have this payment method in your business.
FinalFury

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:20:47 AM

I think if you're an online store it's a very good idea to accept Bitcoin. More potential buyers. If you're worried about the price then you can have one of those services that converts it into fiat automatically. Of course that sounds like an extra charge.
2342q6tegw

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:35:57 AM

Most countries need to know the tax rate relative to their currency, so simple percentage calculations are not good enough. Now there are products to solve this for taking foreign fiat but crypto is too volatile for them to work. They could use a centralised processor after the transaction got confirmed but there is risk between prixing, sending and confirmation. How quick did btc drop in value recently? That's why a stable crypto is a pre requisite for mass adoptiom. You will get a few merchants before that but not many.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: