Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You agree that Bitcoin mining is a NO GREEN act?  (Read 2224 times)
lightyear69 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:10:35 PM

You are either living on another planet or in denial.  The planet I'm on, the vast majority of electricity is generate by the burning of fossil fuels fossil fuels, coal, gas and oil.

What we really need is something like a Folding@Home coin, where we could do some good for the world while destroying it slowly at the same time.  Cheesy

Probably Satoshi Nakamoto should come out to make bitcoin 100% GREEN and send all miners to a long mars holiday  Grin
lazyfellaw

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:06:18 PM

Bitcoin should set aside some funds to donate to NGOs working on green projects.
krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

Bitcoin should set aside some funds to donate to NGOs working on green projects.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
lightyear69 (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:39:09 PM

Could you please care to explain how talking about GREEN is so or you don't accept that mining is indeed a NO GREEN act?

Its not like I am in oppose of bitcoin but yes there is somewhere all those mining, computing efforts, investments are a bit unnecessary and I believe pre mined cryptos like XNF-NoFiatCoin or XRP are somewhat in a better position as far as a digital currency is concerned. Sadly, digital currencies nowadays are attached to mining only but the reality is that they are much more than that.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: