Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Biometric Data the Future? ( Never lets govt know your fingerprint  (Read 355 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:17:30 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 08:38:25 PM by Ucy

Biometric Data on Blockchain.

I believe 100% in Anonymity/Privacy, without it we would become slaves to the lawless in our society.
Imagine what could happen if your fingerprints get in the hand of evil individual, people or government. They would literally be your gods.... They would track you everywhere you go, steal money from bank accounts, make your life a living hell.
Anonymity however has its disadvantages:  Thieves/Terrorists/Criminals could hide behind this Natural gift to men to hurt people, businesses and societies.

Decentralized Biometric data.

I think our biometric data should be stored in  decentralized, UNHACKABLE and inaccessible data store which only the owner can permit access to and not some unsafe Centralized  storage. Even if the owner allows someone/govt/organization access to his Biometric Data, they still should not be able copy/replicate it. Infact it should be impossible to copy with the help of some special codes in the blockchain.

Why this is Necessary.

It would certainly be of great benefit to Anonymity on the Internet.    You can anonymously secure your online assets such as websites, Cryptocurrencies, with one or more biometric identifications (fingerprints, DNA, iris and face recognition) all of which are stored on the blockchain & can only be accessed/authenticated through the Blockchain. Even government agencies must verify (with your permission ofcourse ) who you say you are through the Blockchain API of some sort.

* It can be use for registering on Forums (especially the anonymous ones). This would make it hard for people to cheat with multiple accounts.

* You could voluntarily use it to  prove ownership of something, anonymously.

* it can be used to link all your cyber assets/wealth and used as collateral.

Remember for the Blockchain biometric data to be considered safe, it must be impossible for companies, groups, individuals or govts to have any copy of it. You can always go to the Blockchain and customize it the way you want it to be accessible to Govts/companies. You can even turn it off if you don't want it accessed at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
junoon

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:02:59 PM

Should it be worldwide transnational blockchain, right?? So, where can i get my passport of Planet Earth's citizen??  Wink
Great idea!

and BTW, the human fingertips may not be unique (British scientists say  Wink),
so maybe one day we're gonna get used to spit into DNA-scanner-spitbox to access this forum  Grin
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 11:51:04 PM

I'm not a fan of using biometric data as the password to anything. I'll admit, it's convenient to unlock my phone with my fingerprint, and I do, but only because I keep my phone on me 100% of the time. I'm really not okay with the idea of something on the internet being "secured" with my fingerprint.
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:24:13 AM

Should it be worldwide transnational blockchain, right?? So, where can i get my passport of Planet Earth's citizen??  Wink
Great idea!

and BTW, the human fingertips may not be unique (British scientists say  Wink),
so maybe one day we're gonna get used to spit into DNA-scanner-spitbox to access this forum  Grin

Already listed this among necessary stuff to be developed for our community... unfortunately I lack the skills to develop it. I believe someone must have thought of the idea long ago. Hopefully the concept is developed by this someone or some other person. Secure crypto forum/community will be free of corruption and dishonesty.

So everyone will be required to register with his/her fingerprints, iris, or face. Biometric Data cannot be copied or held  outside of the Blockchain.
When admin  suspects foul play he could ask his "suspect" to permit Forum software to link up with his "Blockchain Biometric D" Account so scan can be run to prove his/her innocence. Unfortunately, scan can't work without the suspect's permission, for the sake of  Anonymity.  If suspect refuses, then that would be more reason to suspect him/her. If he accepts then forum will link up with his Biometric Data at the Blockchain website,  he will click accept & scan will be ran quickly.  His data won't be known by forum. Only the blockchain will know his data and only it can confirm whether suspect has multiple accounts or not.
The Blockchain will have the Biometric data of all Forum members for things to work 100%.

Countries can tap into this technology to avoid having a centralized Biometric Data stores. Security agencies can solve crimes with it too.

aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:40:52 PM

Interesting. I was thinking the something similar actually.
Let me know if you want to work on this idea together.

If not i will proceed with it in few months time. Need to work out the complete thing.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: