Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Wozniak claims Bitcoin ‘The Only Digital Gold’.  (Read 527 times)
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:04:22 PM

According to Cointelegraph: Steve Wozniak: Bitcoin Is ‘The Only Digital Gold’

“Only Bitcoin is pure digital gold… and I totally buy into that. All the others tend to give up some of the aspects of Bitcoin. For example, being totally decentralized and having no central control. That's the first one they have to give up to try to have a business model.”

There are only three questions come to my mind after checking this article:
- when 20k?
- when Moon?
- when Lambo?  Grin

Lol, everybody really does want to know the answers to those three common questions haha..
But seriously though, I think that the guy named Steve Wozniak is right and does make complete sense. Centralization really might be the only way to promote mass adoption. But the thing is that to us crypto enthusiasts, decentralization is what makes bitcoin a pure digital gold. I really am curious how the future will unfold for this industry.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:45:09 PM

“Only Bitcoin is pure digital gold… and I totally buy into that. All the others tend to give up some of the aspects of Bitcoin. For example, being totally decentralized and having no central control. That's the first one they have to give up to try to have a business model.”

I strongly belive in this point that Mr. Wozniak raised that, altcoins must give up chasing bitcoin and showing some aspects of bitcoin to create their own identity. Most of the altcoins try to copy bitcoin and remain as a failed one. Only altcoins with radically different structure are the successful ones. Also we can't really ignore the fact that bitcoin indeed shows some similar characteristics of gold. So saying bitcoin as a digital gold is not an exaggeration.

- when 20k?
- when Moon?
- when Lambo?  Grin

Lol! We all are waiting for the answers!

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:47:36 PM

I agree. Many called Bitcoin as gold 3.0.  Bitcoin is like a gold that every year the value is rising up. The difference between bitcoin than gold is bitcoin is more profitable because of  its very limited supply with a very high demand. Also bitcoin is very volatile, this means huge profit for traders.

I'm not sure why Steve Wozniak even compared it to gold by labeling it as the "digital gold". Bitcoin is completely different to that of gold and is it's unique system that doesn't follow the fundamentals that determine golds value either. Yeah rarity plays a factor but there's so much more to Bitcoin like the Blockchain.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:57:44 PM

- when 20k?
- when Moon?
- when Lambo?  Grin

Last year december 2017 almost reach 30k usd price value of bitcoin but sad to seen after three weeks bitcoin dump until january 2018 currently price is in the dip but hoping before of this year 20k usd 0r more that price reach of bitcoin.

do not worry still hope bitcoin going to moon again just stay calm and relax the price will goes again and bounce back until that amount you will wish.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:08:55 PM

I strongly belive in this point that Mr. Wozniak raised that, altcoins must give up chasing bitcoin and showing some aspects of bitcoin to create their own identity.
I think we're past that stage already, at least from the technical aspects. People here are the only factor not having adapted to it yet, and I honestly don't know when they ever will.

They constantly fail to understand that Ethereum (to pick the largest altcoin) is not a Bitcoin competitor, and never has been. If it ever surpasses Bitcoin's market cap, it still doesn't mean anything.

Bitcoin's task is purely providing people the very basics of a currency, which it has done since the very beginning, where the rest of the altcoins have to fight for other parts of this industry.

People talk about Bitcoin's scaling issues, but Ethereum's scaling issues are way worse in various aspects. All the pressure from everything running on top of it starts to form an obstacle rather than progress.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:33:34 PM

Undoubtedly being digital gold is one of Bitcoin's greatest qualities, it walks a lot more to be treated as a commodity rather than a means of payment, and this is not a bad thing, it has everything to become the world's value reserve, and if this materializes the price goes very far.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:45:26 AM

One of the biggest misconceptions/mistake right now that people are making in my opinion is investing in centralized or somewhat centralized cryptocurrencies, and think that they would be able to get the same benefits as bitcoin.

There are also crypto projects out there that are purely speculative tokens that address a non-existent issue.

Bitcoin would be the only long term crypto that I would hold, and I agree, it's somewhat like "Digital gold". The reason is that the network is actually decentralized, and it's all we need right now - none of the other fancy whitepapers we see on other crypto projects. Over the long run, I wouldn't be surprised to see that bitcoin holds its value significantly better than other speculative tokens that are circulating on the market right now, due to its decentralization, limited supply, and practical adoption.

Smiley
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:41:43 AM

I think this feeds into the idea that bitcoin js becoming more of an investment
commodity and a store of value... Like Gold.

Does that not conflict with what he thinks bitcoin will become

Speaking to CNBC at the ongoing Money20/20 conference in Amsterdam,
the veteran developer said he “bought into” comments from Twitter CEO
Jack Dorsey about Bitcoin becoming the “single currency” of both the internet
and the world.

Gold was the currency of choice for thousands of years until governments found a way to deceive people and they found a way to contain it, governments are trying to do the same with bitcoin but they are not sure how they are going to do it and if they do not do it soon bitcoin will take its rightful place as a currency.
VayneAurelius

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:44:25 AM

- when 20k?
- when Moon?
- when Lambo?  Grin

Well you have a point. Maybe that was said just because of the 20,000 dollars made by the bitcoin last year. Maybe we can not say because it might be his opinion on what happens. We cannot say that his statement is wrong because other digital / cryptocurrencies are just lending or relying on bitcoin so that he says that bitcoin is pure digital gold. Well it is truly pure digital because we cannot see it nor touch it. We can only have it because of the exchangers that we have.
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:12:19 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 07:22:55 AM by Zin-Zang

“Only Bitcoin is pure digital gold… and I totally buy into that. All the others tend to give up some of the aspects of Bitcoin.
For example, being totally decentralized and having no central control. That's the first one they have to give up to try to have a business model.”

No offense to Steve,

Centralized control means the centralized Authority can censor or confiscate at their discretion.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/steve-wozniak-has-sold-his-bitcoin/
Steve Wozniak Sold All His Bitcoin

That is not the actions of a man that truly believes in Bitcoin as a Store of Value.
That is the actions of a man cashing out because he made a profit and thinks it has reached it max.

If a Centralized Payment model is what he is looking for, maybe someone should email Steve a link to Paypal.com   Tongue

http://www.paypalwarning.com/paypal-stole-money/

Centralized Control gets you this: https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/asset-forfeiture-abuse
Police abuse of civil asset forfeiture laws has shaken our nation’s conscience.
Civil forfeiture allows police to seize — and then keep or sell — any property they allege is involved in a crime.
Owners need not ever be arrested or convicted of a crime for their cash, cars, or even real estate to be taken away permanently by the government.

Forfeiture was originally presented as a way to cripple large-scale criminal enterprises by diverting their resources.
But today, aided by deeply flawed federal and state laws, many police departments use forfeiture to benefit their bottom lines, making seizures motivated by profit rather than crime-fighting.
For people whose property has been seized through civil asset forfeiture, legally regaining such property is notoriously difficult and expensive, with costs sometimes exceeding the value of the property.
With the total value of property seized increasing every year, calls for reform are growing louder, and CLRP is at the forefront of organizations seeking to rein in the practice

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:43:42 AM

Another person from technologies background acknowledges how promising and powerful Bitcoin is. I believe this will increase the certainty for mainstream in Bitcoin.
- when 20k?
- when Moon?
- when Lambo?  Grin
soon enough soon.
elygil2022

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

REMIIT.IO

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:13:49 AM

I agree with the co-founder of Apple, one the most successful companies in the history of the world. If oil is black gold, bitcoin is digital gold.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:04:25 AM

Right now, many peoples already know about bitcoin and start to make analysis about it. Steve Wozniak is like master in technology and i think before he said that, he already doing research and make analysis on bitcoin
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:16:27 PM

I'm glad that he's at least not changing his opinion about Bitcoin a whole lot, unlike some other people.
I think it was Bill Gates who kind of flip-flopped his position on whether Bitcoin was a good or bad sort of technology.

I also wonder how much Steve Wozniak has actually used Bitcoin, I'd bet he's probably made a few transactions at the very least.
Because Gates is a government supporter, a rich snob that is afraid of depending on himself. He was always working closely with the government and has depended on it to protect his rights and his money. Now as an older man he's afraid of changes, of his fiat money losing value, of the power of the government weakening. People thought that smart people are pioneers, working for the better society and freedom. Unfortunately gates was working for himself, for better invigilation and control. Maybe that's why his company is so hated by the very people who once were his clients.

I don't think this is a realistic opinion I do doubt very much that bill gates is worried at all about his fiat money losing value. He's one of the richest people in the world and at this point money is meaningless to him. What are you referring to when you said he's working close to the government? Sources?

All software companies are implementing backdoors for the government. Do you think microsoft isn't spying on you and gathering data on your hardware and software? One of the nice things that they're doing is enabling updates without your consent and downloading spyware in the form of security updates. Another is sending error reports from your computer to microsoft that can include sensitive information. Sure, you have to click "sent" for that to happen, but how many people did that without even reading the message or thinking what it might do.

While Microsoft sells multiple versions of Windows 10 to both consumers and businesses, only Windows 10 Enterprise Edition features the option of prohibiting the transmission of data to Microsoft. Want your own Enterprise Edition of Windows 10? Well, a proper, activated version is only available if you’re activating it through Microsoft’s Volume Licensing program designed for businesses rather than nerdy consumers.
You can, however, test drive a version of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition if you have a Windows 10 Pro license on your PC. All you need is a KMS (key management service) setup key, which Microsoft provides for connecting client machines to KMS host machines run by companies.

As for the money argument, he basically said that if you aren't producing anything you're worthless. He's a rich snob that can't stand people who got rich by being smart and investing in something instead of working their assess off in a corporation for the benefit of a greedy boss.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:31:33 PM

Bitcoin is the only digital gold, at least for now till a better currency comes up, it's still the most valuable coin there is out there in terms of price and controls the market when it comes to market cap, infact, most cryptocurrency prices depend on the Bitcoin value. When it's value is high, the value of the coins are high, when it's low, the values drop with it
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:37:44 AM

- when 20k?
- when Moon?
- when Lambo?  Grin

maybe he said that because bitcoin have a limited supply, and have expensive value, just like gold but in digital.
i already read that article in Cointelegraph. He said that he only hold 1 BTC and 2 ETH, i cant believe it. He must be holding a large amount of crypto.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:51:16 AM

“The only digital gold.” That would make a great ad slogan for bitcoin, if you ask me.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:38:56 AM

- when 20k?
- when Moon?
- when Lambo?  Grin

For steve to own bitcoin is not a new things. Apple should makes their own coin, there are many peoples will buy it, im sure of it.
bitcoin could be hit 20k in no time, just like last year. The price was not predicted to be increased like that.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:41:05 AM

The Wizard is right, Bitcoin is going to take over Smiley
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:52:55 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 07:52:33 PM by Thadeous

I'm glad that he's at least not changing his opinion about Bitcoin a whole lot, unlike some other people.
I think it was Bill Gates who kind of flip-flopped his position on whether Bitcoin was a good or bad sort of technology.

I also wonder how much Steve Wozniak has actually used Bitcoin, I'd bet he's probably made a few transactions at the very least.
Because Gates is a government supporter, a rich snob that is afraid of depending on himself. He was always working closely with the government and has depended on it to protect his rights and his money. Now as an older man he's afraid of changes, of his fiat money losing value, of the power of the government weakening. People thought that smart people are pioneers, working for the better society and freedom. Unfortunately gates was working for himself, for better invigilation and control. Maybe that's why his company is so hated by the very people who once were his clients.

I don't think this is a realistic opinion I do doubt very much that bill gates is worried at all about his fiat money losing value. He's one of the richest people in the world and at this point money is meaningless to him. What are you referring to when you said he's working close to the government? Sources?

All software companies are implementing backdoors for the government. Do you think microsoft isn't spying on you and gathering data on your hardware and software? One of the nice things that they're doing is enabling updates without your consent and downloading spyware in the form of security updates. Another is sending error reports from your computer to microsoft that can include sensitive information. Sure, you have to click "sent" for that to happen, but how many people did that without even reading the message or thinking what it might do.

While Microsoft sells multiple versions of Windows 10 to both consumers and businesses, only Windows 10 Enterprise Edition features the option of prohibiting the transmission of data to Microsoft. Want your own Enterprise Edition of Windows 10? Well, a proper, activated version is only available if you’re activating it through Microsoft’s Volume Licensing program designed for businesses rather than nerdy consumers.
You can, however, test drive a version of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition if you have a Windows 10 Pro license on your PC. All you need is a KMS (key management service) setup key, which Microsoft provides for connecting client machines to KMS host machines run by companies.

As for the money argument, he basically said that if you aren't producing anything you're worthless. He's a rich snob that can't stand people who got rich by being smart and investing in something instead of working their assess off in a corporation for the benefit of a greedy boss.

I can bet that major Software Players are already deeply involved into crypto market.
Imo, we are close to the point when Android, iOS and even Windows will include Bitcoin wallets integrated into the system.
Just imagine this mooning-rocket moment when Play Market and App Store will start accepting crypto. Cool

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: