Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we only recieve merit when someone gives it or other ways to earn merit?  (Read 228 times)
ash_waz (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 8

Passionate learner and writer

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:44:37 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 10:11:26 AM by ash_waz

From my understanding the only way to get merit is through members or have I seem to be missing something?
Are there additional ways in which we might receive merit? Maybe by the amount of time we are logged in on the forum, the number of responses we get on our posts despite not getting any merit for it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ToneBuild

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:55:51 PM

I assume that you could earn it by helping to someone in real life too. You just need find right forum user and wait for the chance. For example I would give you MERITs if you found cash I lost yesterday. Cheesy
Be creative!
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:22:30 PM

From my understanding the only way to get merit is through members or have I seem to be missing something?
Are there additional ways in which we might receive merit?

Nope, you've understand correctly. I don't really think that there are other way to earn merits. Therefore, there are no other way to receive merit other than other members meriting your posts.
Fenya96

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:49:19 PM

Are there additional ways in which we might receive merit? Maybe the amount of time we are logged in n on the forum, the number of responses we get on out posts despite not getting any merit for it?

The only way to earn merit is to contribute quality content to the forum. Eventually someone will appriciate your hard work and effort and give you merit.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeOTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ ListingCommunity
Buffatone

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:23:24 AM

Are there additional ways in which we might receive merit? Maybe the amount of time we are logged in n on the forum, the number of responses we get on out posts despite not getting any merit for it?

The only way to earn merit is to contribute quality content to the forum. Eventually someone will appriciate your hard work and effort and give you merit.

As I can see you have got yours first MERIT.
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 08:15:04 AM

I assume that you could earn it by helping to someone in real life too. You just need find right forum user and wait for the chance. For example I would give you MERITs if you found cash I lost yesterday. Cheesy
Be creative!

You run the risk of getting red paint in your trust for that. Merits are for contributions to the board, and not a reward for personal services. We don't want a lot of prostitutes becoming legendaries here. Smiley

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:36:39 AM

Be creative!
That is actually the wrong way to give merits here in the forum, you don't have to be creative like that but there are other ways all of which are related about posting quality content. And ash_waz is right that the only way to earn merits is to receive them. But earning them can be several different ways the most basic one is receiving it voluntarily from your posts and the other one is participating to contest made by merit sources, all of which requires that your post are in high quality. You can check the service section right now and see for yourself the several contest they are running.
samarnaaz

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:06:01 AM

Be creative!
Is this imposible that me and together give merit to each others?
If there is such a way to get merit then it not to much defficult to get merit...
samarnaaz

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:14:34 AM

How someone give merit¿¿??
 what is the method of giving Merit?
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

Well earning merits is hard. And yes that’s the only way you can get merits. As what I’ve learned while I’m trying to learn the system of bitcointalk, merits are like respect. Respect for what you contributed, respect for your ideas, or respect cause... you earned it.

Fenya96

Activity: 264

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:09:21 PM

How someone give merit¿¿??
 what is the method of giving Merit?

Here you can find information about the whole merit system: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

If I get the point of it, you can send half the amount of Merits you get to other members (these are called sMerits, and it is not deducted form Merits), and there are some respected users with high quality content, who create Merit out of nothing.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeOTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ ListingCommunity
KullAxel

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:34:33 PM

The only way to earn merits is from other members on this forum. Merits are pretty hard to obtain so you must post good, helpful, and descriptive posts if you are looking to earn merits. You will need merits eventually so you can rank up because that will be very important. Without merits you will not be able to rank up after jr. member if you do not have merits.
petyang12

Activity: 352

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:36:37 PM

The only way to earn merit is to contribute in the forum in any ways which means that your are helpful to all members. You can earn merits from members who had sMerit to give if a member doesn't have sMerit then no merit for you but it's not possible to earn merits and there are merit sources too. Do your best to earn merit. My advice will be contribite to forum and merit will come (don't focus on earning merit).

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
Strufmbae

Activity: 485
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:36:55 PM

There are ways to receive merit,  but here are my observation. You'll receive merits through :
- contribution of helpful information
- intelligence
- by luck.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 11:43:05 PM

There are ways to receive merit,  but here are my observation. You'll receive merits through :
- contribution of helpful information
- intelligence
- by luck.
Well, first two are walid points basically, but I don't get what do you mean by saying we can receive merit "by luck". Do you want to say that's possible to get Merit when someone send it accidentally or what? If yes, you're not right, it's not easy to send Merits accidentally. You need to click +Merit button, then type how many of your sMerit you want to give and only then click send button. Or I missunderstood your point?

IGP50

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

Gaining merits on the platform is not an easy task. You can be credited by someone who has send-able merits and the person can give it to you for free. One way too is posting sensibly on the platform and another person may see the post in a nice way and decide to give you merits. Hoping to get mine soon  Roll Eyes
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:44:35 PM

You are right. Getting a merit is like courting the woman of your dreams. You need to open up your mind and think outside the box. You need to unleash the creativity and artistic power vested upon you by your ancestors. Mainly focusing on getting merits just to rank up real fast won't get you anywhere. You can't please everyone but with a creative, constructive and valuable post, people that will read your post will be drawn to the merit button graciously like being compelled to do so. Mind over matter in everything that you want in life. Always think positive thoughts and everything will be in line with your plans and expectations. Patience, hard work, effort, time, creativity and knowledge are the key to everything. Not just in acquiring merits but also in improving yourself to become a productive individual with a purpose.
Are there additional ways in which we might receive merit? Maybe by the amount of time we are logged in on the forum, the number of responses we get on our posts despite not getting any merit for it?
Before the merit system was implemented, members will just automatically rank up over time with the number of activities. I kinda love the merit system for it can awaken the creativity and the poet within me.  Grin
For example I would give you MERITs if you found cash I lost yesterday. Cheesy
I totally disagree with you on this. Merits are not meant to be bought, sold or even made as a mode of payment in exchange for some tasks or services.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: