Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What could $100 buy back in 2010?  (Read 313 times)
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:31:44 AM

Ugh inflation really sucks. But what sucks more is that I've never heard of crypto currencies let alot Bitcoin until last year. If I've heard of it, i would've uo and bought alot of shares and just sitback and relax as i watch everyone else grind for a living. These are the regrets that we have so let's learn from.it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:32:23 AM

The reason dollar value decreasing is inflation. Government always want more growth on their economy and thats why central banks always print money. Its not healthy system and it always creating economy crisis because supply controlled by central banks.
Bitcoin bring different idea and different system, bitcoin is new monetary system because creating transparancy on system and transaction

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:36:58 AM

Doesn't matter. Obviously as the time will pass demand and population will increase lot day by day and thats the truth for it. This will also increase the prices of cost of living and thus it is what we are seeing in your chart and the other chart which is published by fellow user. So anything that you buy today will get you some profits or ROI after few years. For example, whether it is property, home, crypto currencies or IPO itself then you can always expect some great returns afterwards. This is the time, demand and supply stuff if we see it through the perspective of investors.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:45:54 AM

A mere 8 years ago BTC was that cheap! Damnit! I could've bought BTC 8 years ago with the 100 dollar Christmas gift grandma gave me and be rich today! That just really hurts. It just shows that we should really watch out for new things. I just hope i get another wind of things. Outside of that, inflation sucks!i mean back in 2010, i could've gone to like 4 amazing dates with that

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:39:50 AM

Times have change and that $100 is coins nowadays considering that commodities are getting expensive day by day. But if have invested that on cryptocurrency particularly on bitcoin then you are now crypto millionaire. If only we could tell what the future will be.

Indeed, its happen because purchasing power on dollar decreasing. Inflation always the main factor why our assets decrease the value. Cryptocurrency hopely a new system and can maintain our assets from inflation

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:40:58 AM

But what sucks more is that I've never heard of crypto currencies let alot Bitcoin until last year. If I've heard of it, i would've uo and bought alot of shares and just sitback and relax as i watch everyone else grind for a living. These are the regrets that we have so let's learn from.it.

How can you regret something that you couldn't do anything about?

It's like saying if I was born earlier then I would be a millionaire because of this or that event. It makes zero sense.

I bought my first coins back in the days when they were under $25 a pop. Do I regret not having kept them? No, because I was a complete noob only looking to benefit from this volatile market, and it only worked against me. Buying high selling low and later on shitcoin investments wiped out nearly my entire holdings at that time. I'm glad I realized that what I did was wrong and started to improve where needed.

You can only blame yourself when you know that Bitcoin has the potential to increase significantly and even change the world, but don't actually act based on that understanding. That's when you can regret your poor decision and acknowledge how you missed out.
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:03:04 AM

bitcoin price at that time is still about $ 1, meaning you can buy 100 bitcoin. now the bitcoin price is around $ 6500, that means your money has increased to $ 650k.

hunterWood

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:49:56 AM

A mere 8 years ago BTC was that cheap! Damnit! I could've bought BTC 8 years ago with the 100 dollar Christmas gift grandma gave me and be rich today! That just really hurts. It just shows that we should really watch out for new things. I just hope i get another wind of things. Outside of that, inflation sucks!i mean back in 2010, i could've gone to like 4 amazing dates with that

It truly is amazing. An airdrop coin that I'm getting right now, that's not even yet on coinmarket cap, is worth more today than Bitcoin in 2010. And that gives me an insane perspective of just how cheap it was back then.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:01:31 AM

Backing the time only gives us frustrations why we not did buy bitcoin the very moment we heard or learnt about this,thats why lets not reminisce instead live on whats the market bringing us.

And i am sure that if we turn back the time you will never spend your $100 just to buy bitcoin since this is not popular wayback
RainyDay23

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:24:09 PM

Times have change and that $100 is coins nowadays considering that commodities are getting expensive day by day. But if have invested that on cryptocurrency particularly on bitcoin then you are now crypto millionaire. If only we could tell what the future will be.

The frustration with me is simply not knowing that such an opportunity was there.
IGP50

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:50:31 PM

Throughout the year of 2010, the cryptocurrency market was friendly enough that the coins were mostly green and there was the least panic of loss. You can buy good sound systems that year with just this worth of money.   
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:05:30 PM

I finished high school in 2010 and even if I have $100 then like majority I know nothing about cryptocurrency. Well, I believe I'm still early enough anyway because adoption globally is still less than 10%.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

This is the time for a time machine. If I went back in time, I would spend my savings into buying bitcoin. But unfortunately, people did not know that bitcoin price would have had a big pump, not to mention that in eight years, bitcoin really showed us the unexpected. I really would love to have at least one bitcoin in my wallet right now. For now, I hope the price will increase so I can have a good profit. Until that time comes, I will be patient and positive toward bitcoin.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:16:32 PM

Backing the time only gives us frustrations why we not did buy bitcoin the very moment we heard or learnt about this,thats why lets not reminisce instead live on whats the market bringing us.

And i am sure that if we turn back the time you will never spend your $100 just to buy bitcoin since this is not popular wayback
Yes in 2010 bitcoin is not popular, at that time there's no news about bitcoin and if someone told me to buy bitcoin with 100$ at that time of course I Will not buy it. In 2010, in my country you can use 100$ to meet your daily need for one month. if we know the potential of bitcoin In the past, now we must have become rich.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: