Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin or the Blockchain save the environment?  (Read 440 times)
DeHell

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:30:52 AM

Yes, there are now so many companies that take crypto and blockchain in their promotion, but on average after they launch their platforms, they do not use blockchain technology in their platform. It shows that they have not fully believed in blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zahrowil Qolbi

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:37:05 AM

I do not understand how blockchain or btc can save the environment, if the environment requires savings in the first place is the people who can do it through government regulations and awareness projects, special technology for the problem and immediately work to solve it.
chayuthjaidee

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:34:58 PM

Well I think the blockchain or btc can save the environment by the ico owner who involve with environment projects.
idk how to explain more but I've heard about the projects.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:47:27 PM

the blockchain is a new technology that has the function to perform peer to peer transactions, without third parties. and it will be very easy. and save time and cost. security is also very good.

the blockchain is perfect, but the blockchain must adjust to the conditions of the times in order to maintain its existence. but there are still many people who are not ready to accept technology blockchain, with the reason is they do not understand technology.

so, I say that blockchain is perfect but the community is not perfect, and finally not ready to receive blockchain.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:59:13 PM

Maybe, with bitcoin and blockchain is can save the environment, because both of the technology implemented a paperless transaction, so it can save the environment, however with the increasing usage it will make the electricity consumption become bigger and bigger, and the mining consume too many electricity that can pollute the environment, so until there is greener way to mine, I dont see bitcoin could save the environment
salinagomez

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:27:18 AM

Blockchain has already done many things for the environment but bitcoin didn't. Environment is not depend on bitcoin or blockchain. It depend on us how we thinking about our environment. So I don't think that bitcoin and blockchain can save the environment.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:53:18 AM

Many companies that is using bitcoin and the blockchain particularly some ICO's recently are being launch involving the betterment, improvement or something that will sustain our environment but is it enough to do its part or what it promises in its vision and mission? because the next tough part after the launch is how can they implement it effectively using bitcoin or the blockchain? are the world ready for it?

Bitcoin and blockchain, as being mostly digital technologies, have quite little to do with the environment, aside from the negative impact of PoW (which is actually exaggerated). So, the short answer is no, even with all the possible positive effects it would be not enough to counter all the negative influences from other industries. But Bitcoin and blockchain might help a bit, fiat payment systems are consuming way more electricity than Bitcoin mining, so with technologies like Lightning Network efficiency can be significantly improved. Blockchain might also have some impact, like for example with optimizing shipments, but it remains highly theoretical.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
salinaangel

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:53:47 AM

By using bitcoin and blockchain particularly some companies are launching some ICOs which will involve the improvement that will sustain the environment. They are trying to build decentralized hydro power mining operations, solar power mining and decentralized waste management and recycling service. Obviously these are better steps to save our environment.
sarta afdal17

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:42:00 AM

The idea of eliminating fiat by replacing it with an existing currency electronically may have benefits in society and in the environment. No matter how many companies join to save the environment, it will come to us, being the most dominant species and natural resources provided by the environment by consumers if we do not stop polluting our oceans and waste our energy will not change. The main thing in this issue is to create conditions for minimal impact.. Smiley Smiley
cryptovally01

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:06:14 PM

It is possible. They certainly can make a change. But it will need time and the also the people of underdeveloped countries need to come in contact with the technology first.
careCentre

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:15:50 PM

I don't think or see how the blockchain or bitcoin can save the environment, if the environment needs saving in the first place it's people who can do it through governmental regulation and awareness projects, technologies specific to that problem and directly works to solve it. Bitcoin and blockchain, as being mostly digital technologies, have quite little to do with the environment. The environment does not depend on bitcoin or blockchain. It depends on how we think about our environment. So I don't think that bitcoin and blockchain can save the environment.
Jaslinbor28

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:37:49 PM

of course it can save the environment based on this many office are using green office and they are fully internet based so this both system is fully internet based so there is no chance to harm for environment so the environment will be suitable and healthy for us.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:51:25 PM

Blockchain has already done many things for the environment but bitcoin didn't. Environment is not depend on bitcoin or blockchain. It depend on us how we thinking about our environment. So I don't think that bitcoin and blockchain can save the environment.
But the combination of bitcoin and blockchain can do many things to save the environment first of all it can save l9tmof man power and electrical energy and buildings created for the purpose of banks if everyone atarts using bitcoin then we no need banks and also the it can cut down ither payment methods because bjtcoin can be transacted over seas too with the same fee.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:53:55 PM

There are a lot of ICOs and project on environment related issues like greenhouse and tradeable renewal energy which I think if encourage will be able to help the environment better.
cryptolet

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:57:55 PM

In my own opinion i will say that it is not possible for bticoin and blockchain to save environment because the power supply to promote bitcoin can harm the environment.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:01:22 PM

Unfortunately, many do not know the real value of Blockchain technology and even Bitcoin in this era, but I think that their success in development and continuity, especially in the last years, I saw many good projects related to Blockchain in different sections and even in medicine. Furthermore, the only problem is the bad decisions of the governments toward Bitcoin and regrettably they control the social media, like what happened in the last period (Google, Facebook, twitter ban the crypto ads), and even are manipulating the information, predictions, news in the media. Hope that everything will change foe better in the near future.
Ram krish

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:05:11 PM

Definitely bitcoin will save the environment. Those who have bitcoin in future the will be rich. Bitcoin save the holders life. But it will take some time to change the environment.
Chicryptomama

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

The blockchain technology can be used to actually protect the environment via so many means...The technology can be applied for instance to supply chain management to help track products from manufacturers to the shelf and help prevent waste, inefficiency,fraud etc....and so many other fields.
shkwarka333

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:12:05 PM

I do not think that all the new ICO will do what they promise in relation to the environment. Although there are some projects that really benefit the environment by helping it such as energy saving etc.
collision00

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:36:19 PM

Bitcoin or the blockchain is definitely not an enchantment wand which will spare nature. On the other side, digital currency mining requires damnation parcel of energy to work that is really hurtful to nature. I too have went over couple of such ICOs who are attempting to construct decentralized waste administration and reusing administration, decentralized hydro control mining tasks and sun based fueled mining and zap activities. In any case, these ICOs are at an extremely incipient stage and didn't demonstrate any outcome yet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: