Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin or the Blockchain save the environment?  (Read 440 times)
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:45:34 PM

Bitcoin or the blockchain is definitely not an enchantment wand which will spare nature. On the other side, digital currency mining requires damnation parcel of energy to work that is really hurtful to nature. I too have went over couple of such ICOs who are attempting to construct decentralized waste administration and reusing administration, decentralized hydro control mining tasks and sun based fueled mining and zap activities. In any case, these ICOs are at an extremely incipient stage and didn't demonstrate any outcome yet.

There is no big connection between the environment and the blockchain so you cannot get it affects environment resources but it will not be any dangerous to this environment
So I think blockchain will not be supposed to defects for the environment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lakatina

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:03:05 AM

The environment is not related to bitcoin.
You should understand that bitcoin is strong but it is not something that directly affects the environment
toral host25

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:23:55 AM

I think possible. They certainly can make a change. But it will need time and the also the people of underdeveloped countries need to come in contact with the technology first.  Smiley
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:55:33 AM

Blockchain is a young technology, particularly outside cryptocurrency applications, and is still in a process of optimization and evolution. Without a doubt, it will find ways to increase efficiency and reduce environmental impact although, for now, environmental factors should be considered when choosing a blockchain application.
Apocumpeat

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:59:28 PM

I don't think Bitcoin or blockchain technology can save the environment. A lot of electricity is required for mining process. This has an adverse impact on the environment because the main source of energy generation is non-renewable resources.
My thoughts exactly. I was actually surprised to see such tread - how it is supposed to happen anyways? How bitcoin can safe the environment - it is more likely beauty to save the world, but blockchain>?!
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:06:01 PM

Many companies that is using bitcoin and the blockchain particularly some ICO's recently are being launch involving the betterment, improvement or something that will sustain our environment but is it enough to do its part or what it promises in its vision and mission? because the next tough part after the launch is how can they implement it effectively using bitcoin or the blockchain? are the world ready for it?

The bitcoin itself cannot save the environment, but with the help of the users, it can easily distribute goods for the environment. But, be careful when you opened up bitcoin to others. Some might say it's a scam, while some won't believe you. So be really careful about it. Especially nowadays, people tend to use their power over something. As we users, we should choose people to share with. That's the only way we can save the environment using bitcoin.
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:36:40 PM

I think bitcoin and blockchain both are hampering the environment a bit. Think, that to mine bitcoin or to operate blockchain, huge amount of energy is used. And to produce energy, we have to use oil or fuel which is not good for the environment. But this is true that if all the projects, that are using blockchain, make a plan to save the environment it would be beneficiary for all.

However, I think bitcoin and blockchain are supporting environment somehow. You can see the bellow picture to know more:

I have read the article couple of months back regarding the issue. You read it at: https://futurethinkers.org/blockchain-environment-climate-change/

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:01:58 PM

Many companies that is using bitcoin and the blockchain particularly some ICO's recently are being launch involving the betterment, improvement or something that will sustain our environment but is it enough to do its part or what it promises in its vision and mission? because the next tough part after the launch is how can they implement it effectively using bitcoin or the blockchain? are the world ready for it?
Bitcoin and the Blockchain are not bad for the environment.Mankind’s incessant urge to burn fossil fuels is bad for the environment.If you want to mine in an environmentally-friendly way do so in a place where the electricity comes from green energy.Check out crypto projects like WePower and HydroMiner if you want to dive into green mining in a bigger way......!
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:13:13 PM

I think so people are expecting way too much from these new concepts. I mean these are not magical things which can solve all the problems of the world. Blockchain is already revolutionizing all the sectors of the economy like banking, insurance, healthcare, artificial intelligence, etc. yes it might benefit environment indirectly by reducing paperwork. But rest the citizens should understand their duty towards the environment.
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:32:04 PM

Bitcoin , blockchain and even ICOS do not do it like poof* easy peasy save the environment
No no no no! They are instruments to be used in saving the environment but hey they do not help that much actually. What can bitcoin and blockchain do in the environment actually haha
Maybe for ICOS it may be, it depends on their objective but it will not entirely save or save the environment but it will at least help it to be stabilized

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:54:49 AM

Bitcoin and blockchain both have brought an immense change to the technology and the concept of e-currency and its decentralization process have astonished the whole whole. It may more bring light to the future.
Vincemanam21

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:45:25 PM

The application of blockchain brought a new taste in the digital currency world. It gives mo faster and more secured transactions.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:02:53 PM

I think that with the development of technology and the progress of the future, bitcoin and other crypto currencies will certainly develop along with their needs

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:25:20 PM

There are many industries where I cannot fathom how the blockchain and having a coin makes and sense at all and energy is one of them (unless utility companies start getting on board).  I stay away from Energy projects a swell as tourism projects. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:30:05 PM

Can bitcoin save the environment? Yes, of course. Qith correct using of bitcoin we will all be good in the future. Right now i am engaging myself to icos that has concern or mission about protecting, preserving our environment. I really admire that there are crypto like bitcoin that supports environment to make it what they were.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: