Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:53:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: He Setup A $50,000 Cryptocurrency Mining Farm In His Moms Basement?!  (Read 714 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 05:34:38 PM

An abandoned hot tub project inspired Joey to build a $50,000 Cryptocurrency GPU mining farm in his moms basement -- his results may surprise you!

Joey mined Bitcoin with his previous Avalon/Bitmain ASIC mining farm as well as Ethereum on his rx 470 mining rigs - now he is mining ZenCash, Zcash, Ravencoin, and Snowgem with his 1080 TI, 1070 TI, 1060 mining rigs. He has setup his rx570 and rx580 mining rigs to mine Loki a new Monero cryptonight heavy fork.

https://www.youtube.com/voskcoin

Joey is using this Tripp Lite 220-240v 30a PDU - http://geni.us/PSj5
Nvidia 1080 TI in Stock for Mining - http://geni.us/Pwr1
AMD Rx570 in Stock on Amazon - http://geni.us/r2VL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to http://Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:36:04 PM

in his mothers basement?!?! geeze I hope she gets a slice of what he makes if she don't that's just messed up and not the kinda crap id wanna hear about. sure ohh wow he has a 50k mining farm except HE WAS TO CHEAP TO PUT IT IN HIS OWN PLACE. oh fancy that id doubt he even has his own place. this is what happens when your too danm cheap and you just want to use people. shame on you for promoting this guy

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 02:52:05 AM

in his mothers basement?!?! geeze I hope she gets a slice of what he makes if she don't that's just messed up and not the kinda crap id wanna hear about. sure ohh wow he has a 50k mining farm except HE WAS TO CHEAP TO PUT IT IN HIS OWN PLACE. oh fancy that id doubt he even has his own place. this is what happens when your too danm cheap and you just want to use people. shame on you for promoting this guy
Cheesy

If his parents are fine with him putting a mining farm in their basement when he lives at home. . . That's all between them lol

remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:14:12 AM

When you get a real taste of life, you come back and let us know.  Did it ever dawn on you that maybe he lost his home to (A) EX Wife took it all.  (B)lost his job due to company closure (C)Got injured and lost job (D)Decided he was tired of working "for the man" and now works for himself while paying parents rent or (E) Its really none of your business what his business plan is let alone his life plan is.

You sure rush to judgement awfully fast...Whats that about stones and glass houses?
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:00:45 PM

When you get a real taste of life, you come back and let us know.  Did it ever dawn on you that maybe he lost his home to (A) EX Wife took it all.  (B)lost his job due to company closure (C)Got injured and lost job (D)Decided he was tired of working "for the man" and now works for himself while paying parents rent or (E) Its really none of your business what his business plan is let alone his life plan is.

You sure rush to judgement awfully fast...Whats that about stones and glass houses?
I'm with ya, everyone has their own story and if it does not impact you it should not bother you Cheesy

dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:31:15 PM

I wonder if this fooker says i got FREE electricity! 

/slapahoe   Tongue

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:52:58 PM

I do agree, don't judge to fast. However if any of that things happened to him where the hell did he get 50K for a farm?

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

When you get a real taste of life, you come back and let us know.  Did it ever dawn on you that maybe he lost his home to (A) EX Wife took it all.  (B)lost his job due to company closure (C)Got injured and lost job (D)Decided he was tired of working "for the man" and now works for himself while paying parents rent or (E) Its really none of your business what his business plan is let alone his life plan is.

I do agree, don't judge to fast. However if any of that things happened to him where the hell did he get 50K for a farm?
Borrowed from 401k
Inheritance
Sold property
Lawsuit settlement
Personal bank loan
loan from parents
He could just be a total Pimp Daddy
riccer33

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:20:46 PM

Way to go !    I am just jealous (sounds like a couple other peeps too)    Happy for you guys wish I would have looked deeper into mining a few years go!
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:52:46 PM

It's good to see the younger generation are getting into mining, This will help support the price and network, And eventually they will to be rewarded in the next major bull run. I like the guys attitude " you can't live in the past" and he's pushing forward with big home mining farm and playing the long game during tough mining times, will be rewarded with those parabolic rises in the next major bull run.  

Most people are impatient, get bitter they didn't get a lambo the next day, so they wait till it already goes up 10-20X before it catches their interest and fomo in and get rekt.

ASIC Miners

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:15:23 AM

/slapahoe   Tongue

Do you know how much he's making presently? I know you mine for future value, HODL ect, but just looking for a rough estimate he's making right now from $50k rigs. Thanks!
lunobird

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:39:58 AM

/slapahoe   Tongue

Do you know how much he's making presently? I know you mine for future value, HODL ect, but just looking for a rough estimate he's making right now from $50k rigs. Thanks!

Probably $100 before electric. $60 bucks after electric per day
KevinCookeMMA

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:49:16 AM

I live in Northern VA, one of the most expensive places to live in the US... after Cali and NYC. Renting is throwing money out the window, have no shame in that and my parents and I get along great. I pay them rent too. Got sued last year for breaking a non-compete with a past employer too or else I would have bought a place by now. Anyways, have businesses to fund and you don't get ahead by paying over a grand a month in rent. I'm all about saving and investing. I have a 9-5, a side business and invest. Opportunity cost is too much to waste renting lol.
KevinCookeMMA

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:51:14 AM

/slapahoe   Tongue

If only haha.. Think it's around 10 cents / kWh.. there is peak hour pricing and off peak but breaks down to around 10 cents.
KevinCookeMMA

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:53:21 AM

It's good to see the younger generation are getting into mining, This will help support the price and network, And eventually they will to be rewarded in the next major bull run. I like the guys attitude " you can't live in the past" and he's pushing forward with big home mining farm and playing the long game during tough mining times, will be rewarded with those parabolic rises in the next major bull run.  

Most people are impatient, get bitter they didn't get a lambo the next day, so they wait till it already goes up 10-20X before it catches their interest and fomo in and get rekt.

Thank you! I originally got into mining in Spring 2017 with 3 rigs. Got impatient and needed cash for my business and sold them.. Got back into it in December and doing it right since I have learned a lot since then, thanks to Vosk. Playing the long game now and being patient.
KevinCookeMMA

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:54:28 AM

/slapahoe   Tongue

Probably $100 before electric. $60 bucks after electric per day

Sup guys - making $95/day on 30,000 sols. Have an incoming z9 in batch 1 so that will be $127/day as of today on Zencash with 40,000 sols. My 3 RX rigs make ~$35/day (need to dual thread these soon). Building a 8 card Vega Frontier rig next week to add to it and that will be close to $60/day in earnings. Last electric bill for rigs was $850 for the month so maybe make $200 - 220/day by end of June - assuming prices stay the same and difficulty.. which I doubt but who knows.

Financed the farm with cash 0% interest credit cards and regular credit cards. Credit cards accruing interest (less than 1%/month) will be paid off by end of summer. Cashed out of my mining earnings last month and doubled down with my AMD rigs and paid off one credit card. Running it all through my LLC too to maximize earnings. Won't be taxed on any profit until I ROI.
KevinCookeMMA

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:42:09 AM

When you get a real taste of life, you come back and let us know.  Did it ever dawn on you that maybe he lost his home to (A) EX Wife took it all.  (B)lost his job due to company closure (C)Got injured and lost job (D)Decided he was tired of working "for the man" and now works for himself while paying parents rent or (E) Its really none of your business what his business plan is let alone his life plan is.

Borrowed from 401k
Inheritance
Sold property
Lawsuit settlement
Personal bank loan
loan from parents
He could just be a total Pimp Daddy

Great credit score for 0% credit cards for 15 months, Cash, and regular CC with 11% annual interest rate. About half the farm paid off but doubling down and buying more rigs.
lunobird

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:24:13 PM

You got cheap enough electric to home mine. I think your plan is great. Doing LLC is a smart move. I need to do that.

I agree If you don't need to waste money on rent you shouldn't.

I lived with my parents after college for 3 years and paid off my student 70k school loans..

Max dem CC out and keep digging..
saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

Nice. He should help at least with electricity bill that should not be so low...
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:54:14 PM

I wonder how much the electricity bill is? 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: