Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unwillingness to share signatures  (Read 187 times)
2342q6tegw (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:49:30 PM

There seems to be a lack of willingness to share signatures. Is this just the people I come across or is it common? It seems a strange phenomenon as it would be a perfect way to anonymously verify your time in crypto (How old is the account) your trading skills or your wealth and proof of funds. What could cause this reluctance, is it fakers not wanting to get caught out? Is there a signature swapping pool somewhere I'm missing.

Mine is below.

H/ijVZgJkRgb3+rpTnPQkwW5nHdMfzB697+TViFlY59mfSupb2SrT1QkLhUsAcQ+oxVef+HBOv/LBurEzeJ7pTU=

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:55:57 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

There seems to be a lack of willingness to share signatures. Is this just the people I come across or is it common? It seems a strange phenomenon as it would be a perfect way to anonymously verify your time in crypto (How old is the account) your trading skills or your wealth and proof of funds. What could cause this reluctance, is it fakers not wanting to get caught out? Is there a signature swapping pool somewhere I'm missing.

Mine is below.

H/ijVZgJkRgb3+rpTnPQkwW5nHdMfzB697+TViFlY59mfSupb2SrT1QkLhUsAcQ+oxVef+HBOv/LBurEzeJ7pTU=

Have you heard of...
Stake your Bitcoin address here  <=== https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0
2342q6tegw (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:43:22 PM

I hadn't heard of that, it certainly is more what I expected. Now unless I'm missing something in order to verify an address I need the public key the signature and the message (ideally one I decided upon)

From any one part alone I couldn't verify the address and since I can't change the message it would be impossible to fake right?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:03:01 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

I hadn't heard of that, it certainly is more what I expected. Now unless I'm missing something in order to verify an address I need the public key the signature and the message (ideally one I decided upon)

From any one part alone I couldn't verify the address and since I can't change the message it would be impossible to fake right?

Yes, someone else in the thread verifies and and quotes your signature information. That way someone who hacked your account can't simply modify the original message that you signed. The hacker would also have to hack the account that quoted you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: