Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I quit my smartphone addiction and really started living  (Read 4259 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:41:34 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 09:55:11 PM by Silberman

I don't like smartphones for precisely this reason, now you are supposed to always be connected and be ready to take action at any moments notice, this is why I don’t have a smartphone and my boss hates me for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:02:51 PM

I don't like smartphones for precisely this reason, now you are supposed to always be connected and be ready to take action at any moments notice, this is why I don’t have a smartphone and my boss hates me for it.

well let's be real, smart phones have helped people out in a lot of ways. but as we all know technology has its negative and positive effects. it all would depend now in the person using it. for me, I tend to practice restraint of using it if its not really important or when i'm with other people.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
farl2web

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:55:59 AM

well let's be real, smart phones have helped people out in a lot of ways. but as we all know technology has its negative and positive effects. it all would depend now in the person using it. for me, I tend to practice restraint of using it if its not really important or when i'm with other people.
It's enough just to say what you wanted and stopped using the smartphone. Large corporations have already found how to entice and entice people to lose interest in more global problems. Smartphones are exactly the case when they succeeded.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:02:59 PM

How I quit my smartphone addiction and really started living

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/11/smartphone-technology-addiction-facebook-twitter

<< I don't like being bothered or bossed around. I hated that anyone, for any reason, could interrupt my life, and I could interrupt my life just the same. >>

I don't know how did you say that your getting addicted into smartphone, actually it is necessity and depending in how you use it. In fact, you can use it without hating anyone, but it is your decision if you want to quit for good. but for me smartphone was very important Undecided
SirPol85

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:18:13 PM

Smartphones have improved the speed of communication at any time and in any place for more productive business development and all other directions. They are also necessary for communication with relatives.
SimmonenY

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:51:23 PM

It all depends on person. I have smartphone and I use it a lot in my work and everyday life. But when I'm with my family or friends I can live without it for few hours. I even leave it sometimes when I go out for a few minutes or walk my dog. You jusy have to balance your online and offline life and not give in to the extremities.
ivan.daineko23

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:22:03 PM

It all depends on person. I have smartphone and I use it a lot in my work and everyday life. But when I'm with my family or friends I can live without it for few hours. I even leave it sometimes when I go out for a few minutes or walk my dog. You jusy have to balance your online and offline life and not give in to the extremities.

Yes, it all depends on how people use it. I can safely do jogging or walking in the open air a few ches without a smartphone and this does not cause me depression or discomfort.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:40:29 PM

Smartphones have snatched away the enjoyment of life and people are becoming totally obssesed with it and people are not even paying attention to the people around them .Sometimes i wonder that have not they become bored with smartphones using them a lot.Well i ahve become bored of using smartphones.
On the other hand after my phone was stolen ,i am using a simple phone which is only being used only for calling.
alphablitzer

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:57:36 PM

That's one thing to do when you have something else better, it's what you prioritize is what matters, whether it be by doing something productive or just doing nothing, and that's hard. By living, definitely you are being productive, whether it's traveling, resting, and other kinds, that's how you live. And living would definitely be one of the things to prioritize on whatever you do.
killgald

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:09:46 PM

By little steps you can leave the adiction for your cellphone or any kind of things, at first its going to be hard because the abstinence syndrome will force you to be in your comfort zone in your case the cellphone, with little tricks you can minimize the need for your cellphone and control step by step this adiction Smiley

Sierra82fit

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:35:39 AM

By little steps you can leave the adiction for your cellphone or any kind of things, at first its going to be hard because the abstinence syndrome will force you to be in your comfort zone in your case the cellphone, with little tricks you can minimize the need for your cellphone and control step by step this adiction Smiley
Today, the smartphone is heavily populated in our lives. Without their help, you will not know the weather or communicate with a loved one. It is very difficult to wean.
Rastaman2016

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:14:03 AM

Destroy all your gadgets and start living with your life , we all are in new technology and everyone is using smartphones everyone likes internet and they can't live without checking their social media accounts. I think this could be a hard problem for those who wants to quit for real.

But without gadgets, it's impossible to work right now. After all, they were primarily created for the development of the work process.
All opponents of high technology must already accept the fact that they
will have to live in a world with high technologies. There is no way back,
except for a nuclear explosion, which will bring us back to the past,
because everything will be destroyed.

Even if a nuclear war destroys everything, a strong dependence on technology will make it possible to restore everything in the shortest possible time.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:11:43 PM

Destroy all your gadgets and start living with your life , we all are in new technology and everyone is using smartphones everyone likes internet and they can't live without checking their social media accounts. I think this could be a hard problem for those who wants to quit for real.

But without gadgets, it's impossible to work right now. After all, they were primarily created for the development of the work process.

Even if a nuclear war destroys everything, a strong dependence on technology will make it possible to restore everything in the shortest possible time.

I'm of the opposite mind. The more entrenched we are with modern technology (specifically the convenience that consumer electronics bring) the harder it will be to adapt to a post nuclear society. People will need to farm, hunt and build, when all they have been taught to do is point and click, with an occasional tweet. If we were closer to being able to do the things that keep us alive, rather than trading time for these things, people would be largely unaffected by major catastrophe. But we are encouraged to be reliant, it keeps us complaint.
alphablitzer

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:59:51 AM

I'm of the opposite mind. The more entrenched we are with modern technology (specifically the convenience that consumer electronics bring) the harder it will be to adapt to a post nuclear society. People will need to farm, hunt and build, when all they have been taught to do is point and click, with an occasional tweet. If we were closer to being able to do the things that keep us alive, rather than trading time for these things, people would be largely unaffected by major catastrophe. But we are encouraged to be reliant, it keeps us complaint.
It is true that knowing all the basics to survive is the necessity we need in order to really live our lives. I just hope nothing catastrophic will happen like that because it's deadly and would be hard to recover. Technology would also help in restoring the lives of the people easily just because it's already there, if you don't agree with technology/innovation, then don't use it.
mostafadam

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 04:36:01 PM

i have tried to make them happen what you said but nothing changed

------
شیشه بالکنی جام تراس
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: