Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent Litecoin to Electrum...I think I lost it...  (Read 123 times)
Leethecat9 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:49:43 AM

Hello, I am a newbie to the crypto world, so please be gentle.

I set up the Electrum wallet because I heard good things about it. I was under the mistaken impression that I could hold litecoin in it. So I transferred some Litecoin from Coinbase to Electrum. When it didn't show up, I started poking around and I discovered that the Electrum wallet I have only holds Bitcoin. According to Coinbase, the transfer was repeatedly confirmed. So I have the address to which the Litecoin was sent...is there any way to retrieve it, or is it gone forever?

Thank you!

G

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 10:03:08 AM

Hello Leethecat9,

It is very unfortunate what happened, but it is likely you will be able to retrieve your Litecoins with some effort.

To start off you should have the public address you sent the coins to and the private key connected to this address. Secondly you should download the Litecoin Electrum wallet which can be found here. When you have set up this wallet choose the option to import Litecoin address or private keys. Here you can enter the private key linked to the public address, after this you should be seeing your litecoins in your Electrum-LTC wallet.

However, if you are using a hardware wallet or Multisig it becomes more difficult to retrieve these funds. You can send us a DM if you need any further help with this issue.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:04:47 AM

I set up the Electrum wallet because I heard good things about it. I was under the mistaken impression that I could hold litecoin in it. So I transferred some Litecoin from Coinbase to Electrum. When it didn't show up, I started poking around and I discovered that the Electrum wallet I have only holds Bitcoin. According to Coinbase, the transfer was repeatedly confirmed. So I have the address to which the Litecoin was sent...is there any way to retrieve it, or is it gone forever?

Thank you!

G
It has gone forever, litecoin is really different with electroneum. it has used the different algo and spesification of the blockchain. Your amount has gone forever and i'm sorry for your lost. i suggest you to forget it. Because you have sent it to another blockchain.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Leethecat9 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:09:26 AM

Thank you everyone, but I'm getting conflicting answers here.

I downloaded the wallet, but there is no option to import keys, just an option to export...
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 12:58:36 PM

When you have the Electrum-LTC wallet you can choose to make a new wallet when you open it. You can leave the standard name of the wallet as it is and go to the next step, the next step will offer you the option to enter the private key of a Litecoin address(3rd option). However, it really depends on several factors if this method will work such as the address you sent the coins to and if you used a hardware wallet or multi-sig wallet. If you provide us with more details we might be able to give you a more precise walkthrough.   

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
riel123

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:22:47 PM

Any coin that you send to the wrong address then you should consider such coins, that is why you should always crosscheck the address that you are sending to
bibi30

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:53:45 AM

Thank you! Wink Wink Wink Wink
Leethecat9 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:04:43 PM

When you have the Electrum-LTC wallet you can choose to make a new wallet when you open it. You can leave the standard name of the wallet as it is and go to the next step, the next step will offer you the option to enter the private key of a Litecoin address(3rd option). However, it really depends on several factors if this method will work such as the address you sent the coins to and if you used a hardware wallet or multi-sig wallet. If you provide us with more details we might be able to give you a more precise walkthrough.   

Thank you for the response. I sent the coins from Coinbase to the regular Electrum wallet on my desktop. There was only one signature on the wallet. I did download the Electrum LTC wallet to my desktop and I added in the litecoin address from the transaction, but the "Next" button will not highlight.

Thank you for all the help so far!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: