Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency should I invest in, in 2018? Why?  (Read 3498 times)
Pherjen5

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:18:16 AM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.
There are many prospective couriers right now on the stage of cryptocurrency market, so theoretically you can just go with any of them just make sure that they are included in the  top 10 cryptocurrencies.
In crypto currency Bitcoin is a king, and no one could come in bitcoin's place. Then i also agree with you, bitcoin is best for 2018 and also forever investment. But one thing we should need it, and that is right time to buy bitcoin and sell bitcoin.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:52:37 AM

for now it seems that the most suitable for investment in 2018 is bitcoin because bitcoin has a very good potential to rise and the current condition of bitcoin prices also falls so take advantage of bitcoin price movements to be able to get a lot of profits.

Bitcoin is always the best among all the coins and reason for this it is the mother of all crypto currency and it value is way high than all other alt coins.

we still choose bitcoin as the best coins in the cryptocurrency and we agree with this. although there are many other coins in the cryptocurrency, bitcoin still get the first position as the investment. and right now, as bitcoin price is down too deep, this is the best time to buy more bitcoin while the price not too expensive. but we should remember that the price can go lower from the price now and if we don't want to get stuck in the high price, then we need to analyze first before we buy.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:05:55 AM

Well, thosd are the safe ones because they're fairly established and alot of people are in them already. Of course they have minimal risk so the income you can rake in is also minimal. What you could do is widen your horizons. Look for coins that are fresh out of their ICOs and invest in them since they're almost 10¢ to the dollar.

julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:34:51 AM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Tier 2

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.
There are many prospective couriers right now on the stage of cryptocurrency market, so theoretically you can just go with any of them just make sure that they are included in the  top 10 cryptocurrencies.

Yeah, Including the no.1 and that Is bitcoin technology. Try to Invest with this technology and Its good for long time Investment due to Its form thats very volatile and so fluctuated. You may also try those Included in top 5 coin, that may found In coinmarketcap.
Camorra Dev

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:37:11 PM

Choose some of the top 10 that you can afford and you will not mess because top 10 is the trusted and tested cryptocurrencies that are always worth it to invest in. They will always stay on top, if not you will spot it.
bitcoinMyLife

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:03:28 AM

for now it seems that the most suitable for investment in 2018 is bitcoin because bitcoin has a very good potential to rise and the current condition of bitcoin prices also falls so take advantage of bitcoin price movements to be able to get a lot of profits.
This will be decided in the end of 2018, because if we see the last year of 2017, then in the start of it, no one believe on it that in the end of 2017 bitcoin would be broken the history. But it has happened. So let see what will be the end of 2018.     
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:42:00 AM

Choose some of the top 10 that you can afford and you will not mess because top 10 is the trusted and tested cryptocurrencies that are always worth it to invest in. They will always stay on top, if not you will spot it.
maybe today can be bloodiest market in history.bitcoin and other crypto currency make new low.maybe much investor panic with condition.fundamental and market confidence is not good anymore,and usd dollar very strong to other currency.its give big influence to cryptomarket.
Btcmicel

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:05:23 AM

maybe today can be bloodiest market in history.bitcoin and other crypto currency make new low.maybe much investor panic with condition.fundamental and market confidence is not good anymore,and usd dollar very strong to other currency.its give big influence to cryptomarket.

If i have an extra money, no doubt i invest with bitcoin. I believe and trust bitcoin because bitcoin proven themself in the past few years. And i know bitcoin can do it again.
Clemcout

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:11:20 AM

Especially in crypto.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

Tier 2

Yeah, Including the no.1 and that Is bitcoin technology. Try to Invest with this technology and Its good for long time Investment due to Its form thats very volatile and so fluctuated. You may also try those Included in top 5 coin, that may found In coinmarketcap.
Try investing in the type of coin that is the most liquid. This is the only factor that determines the growth in the value of your portfolio. Explore the top ten coins in the market and see if they can offer you big margin of profit and low risk attached to investment. If this is so, pick the most favorable coin and invest in it. This is the first step to maximize the future returns and it works. Later on when the price rises, the worth of your portfolio replicates dramatically.
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:47:02 PM

In the case if we will return from this great fall of our, I will set the Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Cardano would be the best things to invest in 2018 because 3 of those are having a great perspectives in case of market recovering.
jhonvir666

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:46:50 AM

I really agree with your lineup, for me the coins I will also take towards my goal.
I'm willing to invest in only one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the country because they are one of the most popular and talented reasons, the more people are most likely to believe in great potential and even in the future without a doubt.
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 05:57:18 AM

Only time will tell how your calculations are correct - there is confidence in the crypto currency, it is very promising to work with it. Formed rules and laws how to work with crypto currency then buy and when. It's quite a young market, I'm also doing it in that direction. In general, I consider ico projects-it is possible to find very promising and profitable ones. Now I work with BOOSTO. At the rate of Crypto-currency, I think autumn will be a good time, now you need to think about it. Wink

Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:54:08 PM

Bitcoin is always the best among all the coins and reason for this it is the mother of all crypto currency and it value is way high than all other alt coins.

Although Bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency, it will be right to invest in several altcoins as well. If I make a choice now, I'll buy Waves, Cardano, Ox, Komodo, TRON, Gladius, KuCoin, Ontology, DASH, and Monero.
Ganbound

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:18:42 AM

If you are new in crypto currency, this is the best time to get it as all the coins are at their lowest value of 2018. This is the best time to invest but most people are already stuck and have no btc to buy more.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:19:12 PM

Of course the first choice is bitcoin because it was already tested in terms of digital investment. It is worth to invest in bitcoin because it was the very strong ,valuable and popular coin in crypto world. It is the best investment until now. Don't forget also ethereum and bitcoin cash. Actually there are many potential coins in the market that is good to invest this 2018. Just research and select the coins that you think is profitable.
Yes, like you I also choose bitcoin it is my first choice to invest cause it is more profitable and many investors trusted and believe in bitcoin and many investors proved that bitcoin is best investment even have risk it is always on top value. There are so many coins that have potential too invest like ethereum and bitcoin cash. Choose the best coins that give more profit to invest this 2018.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:21:28 PM

This thread belongs to the "Trading discussion" forum board.
OP,just make your own technical and fundamental analysis and don`t ask other people about what to do with your own money.I see that you have some sort of a trading strategy,which is good,but nobody can predict what altcoin will skyrocket soon.I like Vechain and GRAFT,but that`s just my opinion.
Nothing wrong with asking people their opinion about what they think about a particular cryptocurrency but it is a huge mistake to rely on them, we are the ones that need to take the decision about whether or not invest in a particular cryptocurrency and even when you do your research about a project you may fail to notice some signs the project will eventually become a scam and lose your money that way and I am sure I do not want to lose my money over the advice of someone else.
woyoubing

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

What you said are very good and well-founded. If it is me, i prefer to invest in some coins value after top 100, because these coins have much higher potential, but we should know that the risks are also very large.
Vsamuel

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:40:48 PM

Right now, ethereum is depreciating in price with each day that passes by. If you really wanna make some good money by 2018 ending, i would advice you invest your funds in purchasing ethereum now. Because, chances are the price might shoot up nearing December. You might also wanna take a closer look at other coins on the coin market. Some really have undoubted chance of making you rich come December.
Antonina

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:57:39 PM

the most common is bitcoin. I think so. or any popular alternative to the currency. you can see on the exchanges, which is now popular
diger

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:48:45 PM

Both have their own objective and they are aiming towards a great problem and they provide a great solution for it. Ethereum especially, is the second in the crypto market. It has the second highest market capitalization. Both have the potential to grow further. You definitely cannot go wrong with any of them. While NEO is the chinese ethereum and aims at quite similar approach of ETH not to forget the free gas that comes with NEO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: