Bitcoin Forum
February 20, 2020, 04:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Merit Dashboard  (Read 26017 times)
DdmrDdmr

Activity: 770
Merit: 3348

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 04:56:19 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2020, 01:19:47 PM by DdmrDdmr
Merited by Welsh (12), Vod (7), xandry (7), Alex_Sr (7), Foxpup (6), redsn0w (6), suchmoon (5), zentdex (5), philipma1957 (3), mprep (3), ibminer (3), AverageGlabella (3), ETFbitcoin (2), LoyceV (2), mindrust (2), aundroid (2), coinlocket$ (2), abhiseshakana (2), daboehla (2), 20kevin20 (2), theyoungmillionaire (2), OgNasty (1), gmaxwell (1), vapourminer (1), Daniel91 (1), klarki (1), nutildah (1), freedomgo (1), marlboroza (1), bitserve (1), xtraelv (1), Coin-1 (1), iasenko (1), johnnywoo2015 (1), Piggy (1), Virtual miner (1), dkbit98 (1), TomCrypto (1), HBKMusiK (1), 1miau (1), dragonvslinux (1), cryptovigi (1), sncc (1), Handsome Boy (1), VB1001 (1), CarlosCorreia (1), DIKUL (1), Rikafip (1)

Merit Dashboard

The dashboard gives you access to anyone’s complete merit history in the TX tab, surpassing the 120 day limit.
Link:  BitcoinTalk Merit Dashboard.  

Google Sheet Tabular sumary for all merited accounts[/u] (updated weekly):
(user_id, name, datecreated, rank, posts, activity, merit, MeritReceived, startedwith, meritsent, probableInitialRank, url)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mD6cdsQNJ8dauTL-XLi8I0oDG5WBl0z0NeKzXTByNyw/edit?usp=sharing

Edit 14/02/2020:

Updated the Merit Dashboard to reflect the most recent sMerit available data:

Total sMerit:  595.992
Total Txs:      306.907
From Users:    21.724
To Users:        32.876
minDate:       2018-01-24 22:12:21
maxDate:      2020-02-14 02:37:50

NEW:

Added the lists to the Merit Dashboard.  (Last tab, or https://public.tableau.com/shared/J8MWCR5H2?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link). The data included is as of 07/02/2019. I’ve still got to see what update frequency to use for this tab (initially, I’ll try to make it weekly, alongside all other tabs but the one on the number of posts which is always monthly). The screen looks like this:

There are 3 sections on the screen:

a) Who ranked whom – Ranking:

It shows an ordered list of those who have ranked most people on the forum. In order to search within the list, either scroll around, or use the UserFromName filter on the right hand side of the screen (once filtered though, we’ll lose sight of the proper rank position, as it will be limited to a single entry).

b) Who ranked me:

It displays the list of profiles that ranked me up, the date, TX, merits and post. The post name is clickable, and the menu that pops-up lets you go to the post itself on Bitcointalk.

c) Who I ranked:

It displays the list of profiles that I’ve ranked-up, the date, TX, merits and post. The post name is clickable, and the menu that pops-up lets you go to the post itself on Bitcointalk.

You can change the user here in the UserName box (and press enter) in order to change the view to that of another user (applies to both sections "b" and "c" simultaneously).

Recent: Google Sheet Tabular sumary for all merited accounts (updated weekly):
(user_id, name, datecreated, rank, posts, activity, merit, MeritReceived, startedwith, meritsent, probableInitialRank, url)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mD6cdsQNJ8dauTL-XLi8I0oDG5WBl0z0NeKzXTByNyw/edit?usp=sharing
Recent: Created a couple of Tabs to show a Wordcloud with who merited you and whom you merited.
Recent: Created Tab to view the total number of Merit Senders and Receivers forum wide (see sMerit participants – a worrying descending trend (!/?)).
Recent: Created Tab to view Merit Streaks (see Received Merit - Top Streaks (merited days in a row) - Updated).
Recent: Created Tab to compare post evolution on local boards (see Analysis – Net Post evolution in all Local Boards).

Note: If anyone wants to know how many merits they earned per day (as opposed to per month) and/or when was the last time so and so merited someone or vice-versa (or see the merits received per month from such and such), that is achievable through the Personal Summary Tab (by clicking on meriters/merited names and or changing the view to day or week instead on month). This is pretty powerful, although not trivial to use. If anyone want’s to give it a go and encounters issues, tell me and I’ll detail the process.

Edit 11/10/2019:
Added a couple of Tabs at the end of the Merit Dashboard to display:

Who merited you (size is proportional to the amount of sMerits they sent you):

https://public.tableau.com/shared/5QX4S5TCQ?:display_count=yes&:origin=viz_share_link

Whom you merited:

https://public.tableau.com/shared/5QX4S5TCQ?:display_count=yes&:origin=viz_share_link

Edit 02/10/2019:
I’ve created a new Tab called Merit Senders /Receivers (fourth from the left) which lets us see most of the information shown in sMerit participants – a worrying descending trend (!/?), but from a monthly perspective:

The novel elements are nFromUsers (Senders) which represents the total number of distinct users that sent sMerit on a given month, and nToUsers (Receivers) which is the total number of distinct recipients of sMerit in a given month.

-   If we apply no filters, we get the general forum-wide overview.
-   We can filter by UserFromName (or Id), to see the amount of distinct people we merit per month.
-   Likewise, filtering by UserToName (or Id) will display the number of distinct people that have merited that profile.
-   Similarly, applying the Section/Subsection filter allows us to see the number of meriters and merited by that concept (i.e. local board).

Edit 09/11/2018:
I added by request a filter on the Ranked-up Tab (called "subsection (choose one)"). This filter was non-trivial, and on this tab has the semantics of filtering the ranked-up users to those with at least 1 received sMerit in the selected Subsection.
This is very useful for local boards, as for example filtering by subsection “French” will show all users that have ranked-up needing merit, and that have received at least 1 sMerit in the French Local board. It is very likely that these users are therefore French (or affinities), and thus is a way of seeing who has ranked-up on a local board.

Obviously there can be false positives, created by multilingual people who post and get merited on more than one local board. Also locals who only get merited on English board sections only will not be detected as a local of a given language.

Edit 11/10/2018:
Tableau has had recent updates, which after a bit of tweaking, now allow the Merit Dashboard to be visible on multiple devices with better fitting. I’ve arranged things around so that a generic phone device can now be used to view the Merit Dashboard (specially in portrait mode). I may still make arrangements in the following days, since one or two horizontal scrolls are not working yet, and a few other minor things need to be adjusted.

Since the Dashboard often filters when you select a chart bar or a table row, it may not be that easy to get used to it on a mobile, while scrolling around and not accidently activating a filter. I personally prefer a larger screen though, but I think this version is a decent starting point for mobile visualization of the Dashboard.

Edit 09/10/2018:
Added a new tab to the Merit Dashboard called "Merited User Summary". The tab allows you to get a quick visual summary for your profile (or anyone else’s), summarizing the core indicators, summary of sMerits received and sent per month, implied Ranks, and board section/subsections, as well as the users you merit and that have merited you.

It’s interesting to click on the images and use them as filters. For example:

-   Clicking on a specific Received or Sent month on the charts, adjusts all sections to the data for that month (click again to deselect or use the arrows situated on the bottom right of the screen).

-   Clicking on a Specific subsection acts likewise.

-   Clicking on a specific From User allows us to see a summary of when that user sent us sMerit, adjusting the month and subsections accordingly. To User works in the same way.

Edit 04/07/2018:
Added a Tab called Reciprocal sMerit which, if used properly, could help to detect Merit Abuse (see my post on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4428616.msg41487786#msg41487786). The Dashboard has now grown now quite a bit since the initial version...

The dashboard gives you access to anyone’s complete merit history in the TX tab, surpassing the 120 day limit.
Added this week: Post summary (distribution of sMerit per TX and TXs per post).
Added Recently: De-ranked Users, Potential Merit Sources, User Summary, Section/Subsection, Rankings and WordCloud.

I’ve been considering updating the data of some of my previous analysis. Since the process is rather manual, I thought it would be nice to bring it together into a common Merit Dashboard, in order to keep it all in one place, and to ease the updating process on a more regular basis if necessary. I’ve started off by including what I’ve considered the most relevant information, using a set of tabs to hold the information for a given conceptual vision of the data.

The resulting dashboard is a work in progress, since I will add more features and datasets whenever possible. To mention that I do prefer the colours on my previous analytical posts (black background on the graphs), but for now the dashboard will have a white background since I’m concentrated on content and a little bit less on aesthetics.

The dashboard requires no installation, but it does result to java script (so it must be enabled in order for it to work).

Note: Screen shots show up with certain date information based on my local settings. If this works correctly, the actual Merit Dashboard should work based on your local setings... (dates and number formats, not captions).

The dashboard has the following Tabs:

1.   Global Summary:

Shows a summary of how merit is awarded, broken down by:

-   Week (Monday to Sunday- on previous analysis I may have used Sunday to Saturday since it’s the default in the software I use for data crunching).
-   Day of the Week.
-   Hour (UTC – This is not too important, but some merit awarding varies by date depending for example if the data is UTC, UTC-6 or UTC+6).
-   Weekly Ratios I’ve used before, including total aggregates at the top of the table.

Since the data originated in the public merit.txt file is published on Friday mornings, the data to the most recent week is partial (lacking most of Friday, as well as Saturday and Sunday). The rest of the weeks are complete.

We can see a clear weekly downtrend again since the end of April onwards after a light recovery in the last fortnight of April.

We already knew that Thursday is the most merited day and that UTC 8-20h are the most merited hours of the day.

New weekly users that receive Merit are around the 25%-27% area (so every week roughly one quarter of merited users are merited for the first time -> see %ToNew in the Weekly Ratios).

2.   From/To Ranks

Shows which ranks merit which ranks both in absolute value (number of awarded merits) and relative values (% of awarded merits per “from rank” to each “to rank”).

This is similar to Which Ranks send sMerit to which Ranks - and who ranked up, but now updated.

Comparing current data to the analysis above stated, we can see for example that:
-   Legendaries keep roughly the same awarding proportions overall as they had around end of march, being the most favourable movement increase for Jr. Members (4,37% -> 6,18%).
-   Heroes keep nearly the exact proportions as end of March.
-   Sr. Member have dropped their awarding rate to Sr. Members (23,15% -> 20,56%) and have moved the drop to Members (23,02%->24,46%) and Jr. Members (6,57%-> 7,28%).
-   Full members have dropped a bit on their ratio of awarding full members (31,74%->29,52%), moving the difference to Members (26,69% -> 29,57%).
-   Members awarding to Full Members has moved from 20,26% to 17,15%,  being Members the most favoured increase (42,92%-> 47,07%).
-   Jr. Members now favour less Full Members than before (19,48% -> 14,01%), but increase the Newbies rank (4,22% -> 8,62%).

All in all there are slight changes, but not too significant.

Note that the rank is derived from the current user profile, and not at the time of actual awarding which may have been different (we cannot access the rank at time of awarding, so this is the next best thing we can use).

3.   Received Merit

Shows the overall received Merit breaking it down by the Ranks that send it, month, specific date and user names along with the aggregate quantity they’ve sent.
By default, the data shown is the overall merit, but you can filter by user name/s to delimit the view to a specific user set  (i.e. filter by your own username to see the merit you received).

4.   Sent Merit

Shows the overall sent Merit breaking it down by the Ranks the merit has been sent to, month, specific date and user names along with the aggregate quantity they’ve received.
By default, the data shown is the overall merit, but you can filter by user name/s to delimit the view to a specific user set (i.e. filter by your own username to see the merit you sent).

5.   Ranked-up

This gives us the amount of users that have ranked-up using the new merit system, indicating their starting rank and current rank. This is similar to what I’ve done before numerically in posts. To see a specific set it is easier to filter by (probable) initial rank and current rank.

I’ve omitted including combinations relative to ranks that are not amongst the conventional ranks that need merit to rank-up. There are even some de-ranked cases (omitted), probably caused by purchasing an account and deleting the posts.

6. Ranking-up pipeline

This gives us a global vision of how many users are depending on what (activity, merit, both) in order to rank-up. This only considers users that have been awarded Merit (in at least 1 Merit TX), not those that had a Merit airdrop and have not received any further Merit.

This is similar to Stats on the Rank pipeline - How many are we on the way to ranking up? extension

Comparing the above mentioned analysis (created during mid-April 2018) to current dashboard data, we can see that:
-   We’ve gone from 135 to 219 Heroes that could have ranked-up, but lack Merit.
-   We’ve gone from 297 to 444 Sr. Members that could have ranked-up, but lack Merit.
-   We’ve gone from 1.146 to 1.919 Full Members have not ranked-up due to lack of Merit (by contrast, those lacking both activity and merit have decreased 1.458 -> 911).
-   We’ve gone from 2.032 to 2.711 Members that could have ranked-up, but lack Merit.
-   We’ve gone from 1.914 to 2.460 Members that could have ranked-up, but lack Merit.

In summary, merit is slowing down the ranking process (as we already knew), and candidates awaiting “just” to earn merits in order to rank-up are greater by number.

7.   TXs.

A list of all the Merit Transactions. The idea here is to filter by User From Name or User To name to see all Tx history for a given user/s. This can also be done on the Merit Network.

8.   Merit Network

This should contain and embedded link to Our very own sMerit Network Picture - enhanced with access to all sMerit TXs.

Unfortunately, I can see the embedded webpage fine in development, but not once I view the published Merit Dashboard. Until I find a solution (if there is one, which I’m not too positive about), I’ve placed a button that takes us there.

Dashboard Usage:

Using the dashboard is pretty straight forward. It may be good to mention that:

If you scroll down you’ll find a very useful toolbar that allows you to:
-   (<-) Undo if you apply a filter to the data and cannot revert easily to the previous unfiltered situation.
-   (-> )Redo.
-   (rectangle with a downward arrow) Save as image or pdf.
-   (rectangle) Full Screen.
-   (ESC) Exit Full Screen.

Also, when applying a filter (for example in the Received Merit Tab), you can type in the name and press the plus sign to add the name to the filter (multiple names are allowed), or use the magnifier to search for all name that contain the typed string (and then select the desired names).
To delete a filter you can hover over the filter value until a cross sign appears to delete the item, or use the undo arrow on the toolbar mentioned above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:14:00 PM

Nice stats, would be better if you used English (Google fault) rather than Spanish but it isn't that hard to figure it out tho.
+3 virtual smerit, ok <3 vod
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:20:21 PM

Nice stats, would be better if you used English (Google fault) rather than Spanish but it isn't that hard to figure it out tho.
+3 virtual smerit, ok <3 vod
The actual dashboard should show dates and numbers based on your locale. It's just on the screenshots that show up based on mine. I've just set another device to english UK and english USA and it does the change correctly...

MainIbem

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:34:51 PM

This is a commendable effort you put in.

What is the merit network all about? How do you get over 120 merits you gave to persons as outlined in your link post, https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?docid=1NLEPIaT4K4pcBf4pE3tiH4w_3zoZFUIWy7bEfn83#rows:id=1

The information you presented is very upbuilding.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 06:06:18 PM

<...>
What is the merit network all about? How do you get over 120 merits you gave to persons as outlined in your link post, https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?docid=1NLEPIaT4K4pcBf4pE3tiH4w_3zoZFUIWy7bEfn83#rows:id=1
<...>
The Merit Network is initially a graphical representation of all the Forum Users that one has interacted with either sending them sMerit, or receiving it from them. You can parametrize the user you want to query about. It basically shows the merit log information that is found on the forum page, but in a nicer manner and without the 120 day historical limit.

The limitation is that it needs to be updated by me, and that is not a short process. Also, it cannot be done with any granularity of less than a week, since official merit transaction file is released weekly.
I’ve recently enhanced it to include the related numerical values as well as the complete overall Merit Transaction file.

The 120 sMerits I’ve awarded to other users come from 240 Merits I’ve been awarded by other forum members for certain posts (a bit more now)...

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 2444

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:36:07 PM
Merited by alani123 (1)

The limitation is that it needs to be updated by me, and that is not a short process.

Maybe you and I can enter into a data transfer service agreement, once I've completed enhancements to BPIP.

I have the data, but feel no need to make all these pretty graphs when you have already done an awesome job!

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to Prayer Messages (PMs).FAMO  #2020peace
"I matter - cause BPIP says so on the front page!"
coinlocket$

Activity: 826
Merit: 1188

One of the world's leading Bitcoin-powered casinos

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 11:23:24 PM

Amazing this is the final thread for the merit, but I have a request  Grin

Is possible to set hyperlinks here?

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 08:12:04 AM

Maybe you and I can enter into a data transfer service agreement, once I've completed enhancements to BPIP.
Perhaps... let’s see how thing playout and evolve...

<...>
Is possible to set hyperlinks here?

coinlocket$, I added the hyperlink to the user profile from where you suggested, and also in the TX Tab. When you click on the user, a small pop-up menu appears and allows you to click the hyperlink to go to the Bitcointalk profile (or message in the TX tab).

This is another of those features that on the development environment works one way, but on exploitation requires a different solution (in development I can just click and go to the profile, with no prior menu selection). It not that much of an issue so I’m happy with what I’ve added.

sncc

Activity: 537
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:21:29 PM

Nice work, it allows us to check the merit history in detail without 120 days limitation.  I see "Set Merit" in the tab, maybe a typo of "Sent Merit"?
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 12:51:18 PM

Nice work, it allows us to check the merit history in detail without 120 days limitation.  I see "Set Merit" in the tab, maybe a typo of "Sent Merit"?
Cheers. I corrected the typo you spotted. The Merit Dashboard uses the same dataset as the merit network so as to stay synchronized between the two applications, both surpassing the 120 day TX limit of our user profile on the forum.

I’ve still got a few tweaks to do on the current tabs. For example, I’m now allowing to click on one of the graphs on tabs where user names are detailed, in order to filter the username list in a seamless manner (click again to undo).
I’ve done that so far on the Ranked-up and Ranking-up Pipeline Tabs, and need to tweak something alike on the Received and Sent Merit tabs.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 4767

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 01:45:54 PM

Great job as usual.

Thursday is sticking out because the merit system was introduced on a Thursday and we sent a gazillion merits on that first day.

Maybe the day-of-week stats should consider only full weeks? E.g. start on the first Sunday (or Monday) after the system was introduced and also exclude the last incomplete week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 02:28:58 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 06:38:59 PM by DdmrDdmr

<…>
Thursday is sticking out because the merit system was introduced on a Thursday and we sent a gazillion merits on that first day.
Maybe the day-of-week stats should consider only full weeks? E.g. start on the first Sunday (or Monday) after the system was introduced and also exclude the last incomplete week.
Yes, Thursday is a bit of a bugger as it biases the data as you say. Perhaps the ideal solution would be not to pre-filter data out (so as not to lose the total aggregates), but to include some filters that allows us to narrow down the data (for example, a date interval). That should deal with both of your suggestions in one go.

The dashboard, although everything is based on the same set of data, has some external pre-rolled-up data on some tabs (Global Summary Tab is one of them). That makes it quicker for the dashboard, but limits filtering options. That means I’ll have to change the way things are done internally in order to be able to introduce granular filters by dates, going against the basic merit TXs, and not a rolled-up derived set like I do now.

I’ll add it to my backlog of tasks to do on the dashboard…

EDIT:

Just broke the "thursday is the best day to post" mith!:

I've added a date calendar filter that can now be applied on the first tab (I've a minor issue still with the time which I have to reset to 00:00:00 on the first date of the selection range). If we filter from the 29/01/2018 00:00:00 .. 27/05/2018 23:59:59 (complete weeks, skipping the first and last partial weeks) we now get:

Monday: 15,15%
Tuesday: 15,47%
Wednesday: 15,68%
Thursday: 15,31%
Friday: 14,02%
Saturday: 12,15%
Sunday: 12,21%

We can now see that Thursday is not a thrasher at all ...

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 04:07:28 PM

Merit Dashboard

Edit 08/06/2018:

Updated Dashboard to reflect the most recent sMerit available data:
Total sMerit: 167.409       
Total Txs:      75.332
From Users:  14.548
To Users:      16.303
minDate:      2018-01-24 22:12:21   
maxDate:     2018-06-08 02:48:03.000

LinkBitcoinTalk Merit Dashboard   

zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:52:07 AM

Freaking awesome job! And now I see stats that are so dynamic that enable other users to interact with it.
I even spent almost half an hour exploring, filtering, searching, sorting and extracting meaningful information.
Those cool merit network diagrams complete it all. I have fun dragging around the nodes. Thanks for creating this.
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 09:24:27 AM

<...>And now I see stats that are so dynamic that enable other users to interact with it.
I even spent almost half an hour exploring, filtering, searching, sorting and extracting meaningful information.
Those cool merit network diagrams complete it all. I have fun dragging around the nodes. <...>
Thankyou zentdex for spending some time using the Merit Dashboard and Network. As you say, the dynamics of the tools bare the true value, going from a statical views to dynamical view on the data. The filter features allow us to focus on specific sets of data and derive potential useful information from it, being seeing our own personal records just a minor part to it all. Export to pdf allows us to capture snapshots of data and keep it as a reference for comparison reasons overtime.

My initial idea was to keep building on it, adding features from previous analysis into it.

I don’t believe we’ll find many forums with this level of transparency on some of their key operative features, and even less with public dashboards built around them. Well, we could say that Facebook surpasses this level of transparency without “meaning to” …

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 08:25:32 PM

Merit Dashboard

Edit 15/06/2018:

Total sMerit: 171.654    
Total Txs:       77.387
From Users:  14.796
To Users:      16.583
maxDate:     2018-06-15 02:42:15

Added Tabs this week: User Summary, Section/Subsection, Rankings and WordCloud.

bitart

Activity: 1358
Merit: 624

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:44:22 PM

6. Ranking-up pipeline
Comparing the above mentioned analysis (created during mid-April 2018) to current dashboard data, we can see that:
-   We’ve gone from 135 to 219 Heroes that could have ranked-up, but lack Merit.
How do you determine if a Hero has reached the activity points needed to rank up?
If I understand well, it's not possible to determine if a Hero is not ranking up only because of the lack of Merits or because of the lack of both activity and the Merits, if the Hero has already reached the 775 activity points.

EDIT:
just checked the other topic, and saw that you use the 775 activity point to calculate with for every Hero

Is it possible to check somewhere that a Hero has reached his/her personal limit of the activity points? (and ony waiting for the Merits to come?)
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 10:19:22 PM

<...>
Is it possible to check somewhere that a Hero has reached his/her personal limit of the activity points? (and ony waiting for the Merits to come?)
Yes, I used the lower Activity limit as you’ve seen. On the dashboard, the Ranking-up pipeline shows us what you’ve asked. If you click on the top left chart on the 247 number associated to "1. Could have ranked up to legendary, lacking merit" item then the user list on the right gives you their user names. From there you can click on any user and follow the "go to user profile" to see the bitcointalk user profile.
The bottom graph tells us how far these users are from their objective broken down by groups of 20%.

lobcmt2

Activity: 420
Merit: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:24:24 AM

Highly appreciate dedication of  DdmrDdmr to create such informative topic on merit distribution in the forum.
Nevertheless, it might be better if you can give additional analysis on merit distribution on different member rank, for example mean +/- standard deviation, and median (interquartile range) of merits (received, sent).
With unnormal distributions, median and interquartile range should be used instead of mean and standard deviations. Presenting uncorrect statistics might  lead to misunderstandings, mis-interpretation of merit distributions on different groups of member in the forum, and should be avoided.
Additionally, outliers should be stated clearly and truncation approach should be used in some specific cases to present more correct statistics for the whole sample. (For instance, cases like nullius, iasenko, etc. should be truncated  Grin). After using truncation approach for outliers, mean and median of sample will be almost the same.
bitart

Activity: 1358
Merit: 624

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:16:21 AM

Yes, I used the lower Activity limit as you’ve seen.
Thanks. So it's not possible to check if the personal legendary activity limit for a Hero has already been reached, if the Hero don't have 1000 Merits. (If the Hero's current activity is somewhere between 775 and 1030.)
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 09:28:45 AM

Thanks. So it's not possible to check if the personal legendary activity limit for a Hero has already been reached, if the Hero don't have 1000 Merits. (If the Hero's current activity is somewhere between 775 and 1030.)

Actually if I understood your question properly, you can on the BitcoinTalk Merit Dashboard:   

- The 108 are heroes that have activity >=100% and merit >= 100% of their goal. This means that they are just waiting to be "knighted" as Legendary.
Most of those 108 being considered for legendary, seemed to have got their merit in the airdrop, being greater than what corresponds to their rank (500 would have been the normal amount). I guess they were airdropped as if they were legendary although the formally aren't.

- The 247 have enough activity (lower limit of 775 or above), but not enough merit (less than 1.000).
You come out on the list belonging to this segment (click on the dashboard segment number 1 (could have ranked up to Legendary, lacking Merit).
Out of these, 2 are nearly there (segment of merit in the range of [80%..100%), 3 are more than halfway there (segment of merit [60%..80%) from the goal, and 242 have only between [40%..60%) of merit.
- 3 more may soon rank up, being above 80% of their goal met both in terms of activity and merit.

- 667 are below 80% of their goal both on merit and activity.

<...>
The dashboard takes the broadest approach possible, since I rather not leave any member out due to the ability to search for a specific user’s data of the dashboard. Besides, the list of exclusions could be long (theymos, nullius, satoshi, first few weeks of merit fiesta, merit sources (unknown officially), etc.). Data is available to all, so other approaches are always welcome.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:10:34 PM

Edit 22/06/2018:

Total sMerit: 175.732    
Total Txs:       79.335
From Users:  14.981
To Users:      16.795
maxDate:     2018-06-22 02:26:58

Added this week: De-ranked Users and Potential Merit Sources.
Added Recently: User Summary, Section/Subsection, Rankings and WordCloud.

I can't yet figure out how to easily detect movements from Hero to Legendary (ranking-up) or vice-versa (de-ranking) for those Heroes that started off with an initial airdrop of 1000 Merits, instead of 500 Merits.
For example, I’ve detected comparing last weeks DB to this weeks DB that AmoreJaz has gone from Hero to Legendary this week. Nevertheless, he started off with a 1000 Merit airdrop (not 500) , so his initial rank, while being Hero last week, is not detectable through backtracking the data (unless I start to compare DBs every week and detect cases alike in this manner, but that does seem a bit of an added strain to all the calculations I perform to update the Dashboard).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 01:24:16 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 01:43:56 PM by DdmrDdmr

Edit 29/06/2018:

Total sMerit: 180.742    
Total Txs:       81.487
From Users:  15.159
To Users:      17.048
minDate:      2018-01-24 22:12:21   
maxDate:     2018-06-29 02:48:45

Added this week: Post summary (distribution of sMerit per TX and TXs per post).
Added Recently: De-ranked Users, Potential Merit Sources, User Summary, Section/Subsection, Rankings and WordCloud.

The good news sMerit awarded on the last entire week (18..24 June 2018) went up nearly 16% from the previous week (11..17 June 2018), although that was a particular low week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 09:51:13 AM
Merited by Foxpup (4), LoyceV (1)

I’ve updated the Merit Dashboard to include a Tab called Reciprocal sMerit. The idea behind this Tab is controversial to myself, since I do understand merit abuse tracking down, but rather despise the false positives that come as a side effect of it all. Even so, in favour of transparency I decided to go ahead and add this Tab on to the Dashboard.

1. Objective:
The objective of this Tab is to allow you to see the Total amount of sMerit sent from user A to User B, and how much user B has awarded User A (reciprocal sMerit).

This has multiple uses:
-   See one’s own reciprocal sMerit (out of curiosity at least).
-   Search for Injective Merit Abusers (A send to B x amount over time, getting 0 in return).
-   Search for Bijective Merit Abusers (A send to B x amount over time, and gets y amount in return).

It is very important not to jump to conclusions of Merit Abuse. Numbers are only an indicator at best, but for those who report Merit Abuse, the actual merited Messages should be studied before bringing forward a case.

2. Use:
The good thing is that this is all dynamic, meaning we can filter the data by diverse criteria, being the most important one a TX interval.

As an example, I narrowed down the TX Dates to the month of July 2018 (you can either use the slider to adjust the interval, or click on the dates on the extremes to either type them in manually or chose them from a calendar). Having narrowed down the TXs to last month, I then went on to glimpsing through the top cases listed.

The data shows the total amount of sMerit that User A has sent to User B in the timeframe, and how much User B has Sent to User A (I refrain from using the term “back” here, since that suggests a prejudgment which should not take place).

The top cases are all injective (A sends to B 50 sMerits, and is not awarded sMerit from B to A). Going case by case (click on the A->B record, then on the Sent TX to access a shortcut to the original merited Post on a pop-up menu), we can encounter cases that are:

-   Clear merit abuse (have been in the past, tagged on February, and still keeps on at it regardless) – even meriting backtracked one-liner posts with the full 50 sMerit award.

-   Multiple cases of already deleted posts to cover their tracks.

-   Posts what belonging to some of the best posters that are merited for their work (or compensated for their troubles Id say).

-   Etc.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 01:28:08 PM

Edit 06/07/2018:

Total sMerit: 185.332    
Total Txs:       83.409
From Users:  15.343
To Users:      17.335
maxDate:     2018-07-06 02:41:02

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (25/06/2018 ..01/07/2018) went up slightly (2,4%) from the previous week. That's an increase running now for two weeks in a row.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 05:42:53 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 04:49:55 AM by DdmrDdmr

Edit 13/07/2018:

Total sMerit: 189.052  
Total Txs:       85.276
From Users:  15.485
To Users:      17.588
minDate:      2018-01-24 22:12:21  
maxDate:     2018-07-13 02:41:58

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (02/07/2018 ..08/07/2018) went down nearly 7% from the previous week! Let's hope it doesn't become a new descending trend.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 01:56:24 PM

Edit 20/07/2018:

Total sMerit: 193.706
Total Txs:       87.304
From Users:  15.670
To Users:      17.835
minDate:      2018-01-24 22:12:21   
maxDate:     2018-07-20 02:38:45

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (09/07/2018 ..15/07/2018) went down 5,91% from the previous week (that's 12,28% in two weeks).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 04:19:33 PM

Edit 27/07/2018:

Total sMerit: 197.420
Total Txs:       89.116
From Users:  15.829
To Users:      18.078
maxDate:     2018-07-27 02:51:03

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (16/07/2018 ..22/07/2018) went up 4,09% from the previous week.

Note: Next week's update will be done around the 7th or 8th of August.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 12:37:34 PM

Edit 06/08/2018:

Total sMerit: 201.035
Total Txs:      90.737
From Users:  15.980
To Users:      18.292
minDate:      2018-01-24 22:12:21  
maxDate:     2018-08-03 02:41:17

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (23/07/2018 ..29/07/2018) went down 10,94% from the previous week with a new minimum established of 3.809 sMerits awarded that week. It’s likely that the holidays take their toll, but there are nearly 19% less merit TXs, almost 18% less users awarding sMerit and nearly 16% less merited users for the referenced week …

asdnguyenthanhtin

Activity: 100
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:13:53 AM

How do you find these figures?
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 05:36:24 AM

How do you find these figures?
To sum it up, the centerpiece is the Merit file which is public and updated every Friday . It can be found at here: https://bitcointalk.org/merit.txt.xz. The file is limited to the last 120 days of data, so all previous records come from my cumulative set of such files.
Any other information not present in the file will need to be pulled down from the Bitcointalk website itself by scrapping data from user profiles and user posts.
Lastly, apply a bit of gray matter to give different information views derived from the raw data obtained. The Dashboard sums it all up and gives us filtering capabilities.

The figures referenced in my previous post on this thread come from the Global Summary tab, by comparing data shown there for the most recent complete weeks.

That’s about it...

vphasitha01

Merit: 172

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:24:53 AM

Hey...I'm really big fan of your work. I just wanted to know how can get the details of members having 9, 99, 249, 499 Merits? Wink

When I checked my Merit data with your dashboard, it shows that I got 2 initial merits, which actually incorrect. So is there any incorrect details in the raw data or bug in the dashboard? Because LoyceV's Merit data analysis also has the same issue but with a different way.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 06:57:26 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 09:02:37 AM by DdmrDdmr

Hey...I'm really big fan of your work. I just wanted to know how can get the details of members having 9, 99, 249, 499 Merits? Wink

When I checked my Merit data with your dashboard, it shows that I got 2 initial merits, which actually incorrect. So is there any incorrect details in the raw data or bug in the dashboard? Because LoyceV's Merit data analysis also has the same issue but with a different way.
Yes, the Initial Merits comes off slightly is some cases due to the time-lapse  between the generation of the official Merit.txt file and the process of scraping the user profile data from the Bitcointalk website.
The merit.txt file is generated around 2 am (in my time zone). I download the file at least six hours later, process it, and start to download all the profiles (posts is another issue that I start before). At best, there is something around a 12 hour difference between the merit.txt file and the end of data scarping (roughly 1 profile per 1 or 2 seconds + process data). This means that any merit TXs in that period will create a discrepancy.
For example, if on Friday 2am I have 400 merits, but receive 2 more between then and Friday 2pm, then my merit profile from Bitcointalk will likely state 402 merits (no initial airdrop in my case), but the union of the Merit.txt files will state 400 merits. Those 2 merits are a “tolerable bug” really, and are due to the above.

It’s like taking a photograph with two different cameras placed in the same position but one being instant and the other one a slow one: If you move between the two shots the image will differ a bit between the two cameras.
Of course it could be improved by not recalculating the initial merit every time (week) and only looking for the initial merit in those cases that are either new or are non-consistant (i.e. initial merit distinct to 0,10,100,250,500,1000), but I’ve taken the weekly recalculation path which is aligned with other many calculations I do.

Concerning the odd merit numbers you want to search for (9,99,249,499), you could use the User Summary Tab on the Merit Dashboard to find them. Simply adjust the Merit Received slider (or Merit slider, depending on what you are searching for) to one of those values and the data will adjust to listing the users with that amount of merits. Since the numbers on your list are not correlative, you’ll have to go one by one in this case.
You can adjust the sliders manually by dragging the handles, or type the numbers over the extremes by clicking on the numbers and typing to overwrite with yours.
I figure you are trying to see who is about to rank-up with just 1 sMerit to go. You can also use the "Ranking-up pipeline" Tab to see this, but with a broader view: If you click on a segment on the "Ranking-up pipeline Summary" that starts with a 3 (Soon may rank-up to ...), you will get the list of members that are within 20% of reaching the required Activity and Merit to reach the next rank. Click again to deselect. 

P.D. The initial Merit may be a bit "buggier" this week since I was away for a few days and scraped profiles on Monday (yesterday) instead of last Friday.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 03:45:42 PM

Edit 10/08/2018:

Total sMerit: 205.244
Total Txs:      92.636
From Users:  16.104
To Users:      18.533
maxDate:     2018-08-10 02:48:47

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (30/07/2018 ..05/08/2018) went down 8,4% from the previous week with a new minimum established of 3.489 sMerits awarded that week. That's a 19,34% decrease in just two weeks!

iasenko

Activity: 840
Merit: 1645

https://bpip.org. The place for the forum stats :)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 11:08:21 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 02:36:41 PM by iasenko

Just one question here, the dashboard is not very responsive, right?? Or it's just me :

Thanks for answering, yes I'm on a mobile. Not do much time to sit behind a pc Sad

coinlocket$

Activity: 826
Merit: 1188

One of the world's leading Bitcoin-powered casinos

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 11:31:42 AM

@DdmrDdmr is possible to see the DT reputation of users with mouseover or coloring with red/green to avoid boring clicks to open profiles here on forum?

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 11:46:31 AM

<...>
I think you're on a phone device. The Dashboard is really designed for a larger screen, due to the amount of information shown simultaneously. I actually never use it on my phone. Although the platform allows a possible development to be done specifically for phones, I have discarded doing multiple versions of the Dashboard.
I’ve just checked from a laptop with various browsers, and an Ipad with Safari and it’s as responsive as usual.

Just two additional annotation:
-   Dashboard session times out every 4 minutes or so of inactivity. This is something specific to the platform being used in Public mode and cannot be altered.

-   Every now and then, a major problem does happen with the platform which is based on AWS. There’s a link down on the bottom on the page that shows the state of the platform and it’s been OK for quite a while now: https://trust.tableau.com/status/tableau-public

@DdmrDdmr is possible to see the DT reputation of users with mouseover or coloring with red/green to avoid boring clicks to open profiles here on forum?
Actually, I don’t download DT data so I haven’t got it merged in the underlying database. I only looked into DT once, and created a DT network similar to the merit network, but never continued that line of work. The trust.txt file really has only a subset of the information that is visible on the profile (i.e. no comments), so I’m not sure that the regular info in the file is all that clarifying baring this in mind.
What I did back in April was this: A picture of what our Trust/Distrust Network looks like. This is derived from the info in the file which really is limited as you can see with basic relations indicating who trusts whom in the file such as :

theymosmos->zvs   theymos   zvs   2
theymos->malevolent   theymos   malevolent   2
theymos-/>Matthew N. Wright   theymos   Matthew N. Wright   1
theymos->Korbman   theymos   Korbman   2
-> 2 is "trusts" and 1 is "does not trust".

I don't think we can build anything near what is shown on the user profile with this file alone.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 03:51:58 PM

Edit 17/08/2018:

Total sMerit: 209.060
Total Txs:       94.624
From Users:  16.229
To Users:      18.738
maxDate:     2018-08-17 01:56:59

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (06/08/2018 ..12/08/2018) went up 20,34% from the previous week, recovering from the two consecutive drop, and back to the weekly lower 4K zone.

It's also mandatory mentioning that hilariousetc han now joined the Legendary Olympus, and is the second Hero to reach Legendary needing Merits in the process, after Jet Cash. Congrats !

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 03:57:51 PM

Edit 24/08/2018:

Total sMerit: 212.937
Total Txs:      96.592
From Users:  16.337
To Users:      18.915
maxDate:     2018-08-24 02:46:57

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (13/08/2018 ..19/08/2018) went down 10,29% from the previous week, basically due to merit/tx ratio being lower, since the number of TXs is nearly constant comparing the last two weeks.

TeQuiero

Activity: 68
Merit: 33

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:47:48 PM

<...>

I came across this thread and find this surprising piece of statistics:

August 16, 2018, 05:05:34 AM: 1 from vphasitha01 for Re: Disable delete option from merited post.
July 02, 2018, 04:54:20 AM: 1 from Silent26 for Re: Done with this forum
June 25, 2018, 10:10:00 AM: 1 from xIIImaL for Re: [FANCHAIN] by SportsCastr 🔥Signature campaign🔥Earn up to $115/week for posting
May 17, 2018, 02:43:56 PM: 1 from zentdex for Re: Merit & new rank requirements
May 17, 2018, 11:57:54 AM: 1 from zentdex for Re: 100 Days of Merit
May 14, 2018, 03:39:54 AM: 1 from Foxpup for Re: Merit & new rank requirements

May 13, 2018, 05:10:46 AM: 1 from vendy86 for Lets Break The QuestionAuthority NOW !!!
May 11, 2018, 06:01:13 PM: 1 from DdmrDdmr for Re: All About Merit.
May 09, 2018, 05:18:06 PM: 1 from TMAN for (Deleted/Off-limits/Ignored)
May 07, 2018, 06:31:23 PM: 1 from Lazada for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread
May 05, 2018, 02:31:35 AM: 1 from Nellayar for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread
May 04, 2018, 12:52:19 PM: 2 from TMAN for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread
April 28, 2018, 06:00:43 PM: 2 from suchmoon for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread
April 27, 2018, 04:44:56 PM: 1 from Indohunter for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread
April 27, 2018, 04:27:37 PM: 1 from Husna QA for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread
April 27, 2018, 10:24:32 AM: 1 from numanoid for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread
April 26, 2018, 07:44:12 PM: 3 from DdmrDdmr for Another "Thanks Merit For This Rank Up" Thread

April 26, 2018, 06:29:46 PM: 1 from JayJuanGee for Re: Merit & new rank requirements

I have bolded every merit that was awarded for a post that was somehow related to the
merit system or its ramifications.

Does anyone notice a pattern here?!

To sum up, you have earned exactly a single merit for a post that was not somehow related to the
merit system in the last 4 months.

I know that it's a bit difficult but I can see you're a master of statistics: can you make an analysis on how merits are awarded among various topics: merit related topics, technical issues or bitcoin related... It'd be very interesting.
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 05:36:38 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 09:46:51 AM by DdmrDdmr

<...>
Yes, I remember the recent discussion on the matter in your quote. The Dashboard lets you see Merit Distribution by subsection (i.e. local language or second level within Bitcoin, Alt. Cryptocurrencies, Economy and Other). Going a step further and doing it by topic is really too much overtime for me right now (I’m doing all this in my spare time aside from a regular fulltime job).

You would need to:
1. Study all the thread titles/OPs that you want to take into consideration (you could assume that all posts within the thread are related by content to the OP to simplify). The title does not always say it all, so you need to go into the OP itself. Then you need to classify the thread and related to 1 (or n) topic/s.

2. Perform the above for all threads created or bumped in a certain timeframe (for example, since the Merit System kick-off, or last month). There are thousands of threads to consider, although if the focus were to be merit related, you could cut down quite a bit by performing the classification only on those merited threads.

3. And then cross the above with merits per post/thread.

It would certainly be interesting, but very long to perform for me right now if done properly.

A quick approximation is to look through the most merited threads (aggregate of posts in the thread) on the Merit Dashboard (see tab called “Rankings”) filter the Date Range (i.e. August) and/or subsection, and perform a tentative approximation from the list displayed. For example, if you filter Meta for the Month of August we get:

Seeking Reporter Badge Images  -> 100 Merits in August.
Community generates suggestions to … -> 97.
Merit? This got to be a joke -> 94 Merits in August.
Analysis – Correlation Matrix -> 77 Merits in August.
How recognized are you in the bitcointalk world? -> 69 Merits in August.
[guide] Bitcointalk account security -> 62 Merits in August.
<etc.>

You could create a tentative stat for Meta and other sections by manually classifying each thread (assign each thread one main core topic), and then adding all the Merit by Topic.  Doing so for Meta may not be difficult (Merit, Account, Ideas, Plagiarism, Reporting, etc.), but trying to derive a proper topic on Bitcoin discussion or Ann threads may be rather painful, especially if you are not familiar with the content on the subsection.

Edit: I do encourage you nevertheless to give it a go, trying the dashboard approach I mentioned. Try it out on some subsections with which you are familiar, so that the context is known to you. Derived topics should be no more than 15 or 20 max. and can be categorized into groups to reduce the number. If you give it a go and find something interesting, open an OP to show us your findings.
The only fine-print needed is how topic assumption is derived by from the OP on each thread (not all merits in practice are necessary related to the OP of the thread, but it’s a workable assumption).
As a last note, it’s probably best in this case to limit data to recent months, in order to avoid heavy topic bias by early heavy meriting.

iasenko

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 08:28:24 AM

How can I select all in the list and is it possible to export the results in some format?
This is in Received merit, I see that I can arrange them only when I select them.

BTW after trying to sort them I got an error:

vphasitha01

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:53:36 AM

How can I select all in the list and is it possible to export the results in some format?
I don't think there is a way to export the results except downloading the pdf of the selected data. But send a Prayer Message to "DdmrDdmr" and he will surely send you the data in a google spreadsheet Wink

BTW after trying to sort them I got an error:
There is an automatic trigger for timeout of a session, unfortunately, I didn't remember the period.

Seems like @iasenko might going to changed the path from Spam Buster to Merit Analyzer ( Just kidding mate... Cheesy)
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 10:37:26 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:15:43 AM by DdmrDdmr

<...>
Yes, Tableau is a good product, but it still has some issues that have been requested by its users some time ago, but that still have not seen the light. Amongst them are two of the issues you are addressing:

-   Tableau Public does not allow export to flat files or excel files (or even to copy the data to the clipboard) unless the Dashboard is “Open”. I can open the Dashboard to this feature, but the drawback is that then not only is the data exportable (which I would really like), but so is the Dashboard itself. So basically, as absurd as it sounds, in order to allow a minimal export I need to allow for the whole source code Dashboard to be exportable too (which I’m not too keen on really).

-> If you need a specific dataset, I can share that for you on a google spreadsheet as @vphasitha01 mentioned.

-   Tableau is not great at sorting rolled-up numbers. Basically, for some internal design decision, if there is a dimension (the username) and then a rolled-up number (aggregate of merits), the latter is only ordered as a subset of the dimension entry. That is, it orders by name, and then by merits within the name (if there were more than one data entry). So when trying to order by Merits, it does not have the desired effect.
This has also been requested as a change to Tableau, but it’s still a no go.
I could put Merits as the first column, and then it would sort by the value rather than by the name, but I thought name would be a better choice.

-   Tableau Public (the free hosted open to public version I’m using) has a default timeout somewhere in the line of 4 minutes, so an inactivity period of around 4 minutes requires you to reapply your selections. Sometimes, sorting or such can cause that kind of internal error which should be resolved by refreshing the page again (and reapplying the filters). The default timeout cannot be altered by me.

Let me know if you need a specific data selection.

I'll update de Dashboard today with the most recent update.

P.D. The Merit Network on the other hand allows you to export all the contained database (File->Download (csv format)) , so perhaps that could help, but the data is rather raw there (i.e. at TX level) .
Edit: On the Merit Network , you can also copy data from the Tabs via the clipboard (i.e. go to the Summary Received tab, filter there, sort and export).

Alone055

Activity: 588
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:45:38 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 06:37:04 PM by Alone055

Nice work!

I can see in the "Weekly Merit Evolution" section that the amount sent every week is gradually decreasing. Is that because we are getting low on quality posts or that just indicates that Merit abusers are running out of 'em as the time is passing? As theymos said, that they would eventually run out of sMerits if they try to cheat the system and keep sending them between each other.

I think you’re confusing Satoshi with theymos..

Oops! I'm not confused but I just unknowingly wrote "satoshi" instead of "theymos". God, he never gets out of my mind!  Grin
I edited the post and changed it to theymos.
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 11:08:02 AM

<…>
I think you’re confusing Satoshi with theymos.. or you know something than many don’t ….

The reasons for a decreasing merit weekly aggregate are multiple I’d say, and not related to there being less quality posts around:

-   People have less merit from the initial airdrop, and it may be pretty low now in the big picture for those that do participate in the merit awarding procedures (many do not as we’ve commented on posts around Meta on occasions).

-   People themselves generally never really gained large amounts of merits for their posts, so the half derived dispensable sMerit amount is not too large either. That is also related to the fact that the general amount of sMerit per post and per Tx is mainly in the very low end of the scale (1 or 2 merits).

-   Merit Sources are increasingly more important to maintain the Merit System  running as a result of the above. If a few of them take a break or reduce the time they spend awarding merit, the numbers drop.

-   Many topics a reiterative. The pioneers got merit, but reiterations by other people seldom do (i.e infographics, merit abuse catching, tip for newbies, etc.).

Merit abusers will suffer the same issues (even more so). What I’d say is their golden key for them are those merit awarding “dormant” accounts, that after a time start to award their initially airdropped sMerit, being some of these accounts either hacked accounts or that decided to trade. The proportion of abused merit is probably small though in the big picture, but there is a potential usage of sMerit by some those accounts that have not merited before, which could be set to use wrongly.

vphasitha01

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:42:07 PM
Merited by malikusama (1)

<…>
I think you’re confusing Satoshi with theymos.. or you know something than many don’t ….
Hell yeah he is confusing theymos with Satoshi Cheesy

The reasons for a decreasing merit weekly aggregate are multiple I’d say, and not related to there being less quality posts around:

-   People themselves generally never really gained large amounts of merits for their posts, so the half derived dispensable sMerit amount is not too large either. That is also related to the fact that the general amount of sMerit per post and per Tx is mainly in the very low end of the scale (1 or 2 merits).
That's the main reason as per my observations. I would think if we going to encourage the posters who really contribute to the forum discussions should be awarded with more than 1 or 2 Merits in order to maintain the flow of Merits stable way. Because I don't think Merits should be a barrier for users (not the spammers) whose really deserved to be ranked up. Merits are introduced by theymos to encourage the good posters while discouraging the shitposters and spammers.

-   Merit Sources are increasingly more important to maintain the Merit System  running as a result of the above. If a few of them take a break or reduce the time they spend awarding merit, the numbers drop.
This is the second most important factor as you explained. I think there is not enough Merit sources at the present. theymos may consider this issue ASAP and nominate few more sources to balance the flow because there are good members who still willing to sacrifice their time for hunting down posters and award Merits for their posts.

Another thing that I have seen is some of the Merit sources relayed on there personal openion or principles when awarding their sMerits. It's ok if they awarding their earned Merits to some other members, but not the source Merits. I don't know is there any way to distinguish those two types of Merits for Merit sources. Merit sources shouldn't clouded their judgements with their personal openions or even their field of expertise and just look only the quality of the post. I want to know is there any way to find out unused sMerits of users? Because numbers matter.
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 05:37:04 PM
Merited by vphasitha01 (1)

<...> I want to know is there any way to find out unused sMerits of users? Because numbers matter.<...>
Not really on an individual basis, since the exact airdropped sMerit per user has not been disclosed, and it depended on the rank + activity of each user prior to Merit System Kick-off (see further ahead).
You could know it though exactly for users that were Jr. Members, Newbies or Brand New at the time, since their initial airdrop was of 0 sMerits, and thus the calculation is simple (Received sMerit/2 – Sent sMerit). For all other Ranks you can’t know the exact minimum amount.

You can have an estimate overall as I have calculated on some occasions and now update here:

Theymos stated that the initial distributed total sMerits were around 600k (see (Re: Merit & new rank requirements).
Merit Sources generate now a maximum of 19.500 sMerits per 30 days. Of course, these don’t empty their monthly allowance, and also the quantity has increased over time. Let’s say as an hypothesis that the average distribution of Merit Sources has been of 15.000 sMerits per month.

With the above, a safe scenario would be:

+ 600.000 sMerits -> Initial Airdrop
+ 52.500 sMerits -> Merit Sources (15k/month average *7 full months as a safe hypothesis  = 105.000 -> halved -> 52,5K)
- 216.136 Total awarded sMerits (up until this morning)
------------------------------------------------------------
436.364 minimum available sMerits system wide, and that’s not even considering the system generated halved sMerits by means of those awarded sMerits from user to user.

So if the 600K is correct, which I have no doubt, there is almost double the sMerit stocked up in comparison to the total aggregate awarded sMerit. That is what I was on about before, since most of it is from the Initial Airdrop.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 05:44:26 PM

Edit 31/08/2018:

Total sMerit: 216.136
Total Txs:       98.346
From Users:   16.462
To Users:       19.082
minDate:       2018-01-24 22:12:21  
maxDate:      2018-08-31 02:41:54

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (20/08/2018 ..26/08/2018) is nearly exactly the same as the previous week (only a 4 merit difference).

Also congratulations to krogothmanhattan for ranking-up this week to a Hero member of Bitcointalk! (he had the merits a long time ago, but was lacking activity).

iasenko

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 01:31:53 PM

<...>

-> If you need a specific dataset, I can share that for you on a google spreadsheet as @vphasitha01 mentioned.

Thanks, I was thinking to make a weekly list of the top merit receivers. Smiley

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 02:23:30 PM

<...>Thanks, I was thinking to make a weekly list of the top merit receivers.<…>
Ok, there are two options without having to create manual weekly lists on my behalf. Let’s see if they are enough:

Option 1- Merit Dashboard:

On the Merit Dashboard, go to the Tab called Rankings and adjust the Date filter to the desired date range. The easiest way is to click on the date shown on the left of the Date Filter slider and chose the date from the calendar. You should also change the time by double clicking the time, and set it to 00:00:00 (date can be entered in the same way).
In the image, I’ve set it to the 21/08/2018 00:00:00. The Merited User Ranking will show you the top merited for the week you selected.

The downside as we’ve talked about, is that you cannot export the list and will need to click on each user and chose "Go to Merited User Profile" to jump to his profile.

Option 2 - Merit Network

Use the  User Merit Network (also launchable from within the Dashboard). Go to the Tab called "Total Received" and add a Filter by converted_date. In the example, I’ve filtered by 21-08-2018 onwards (click on the filter cell to select date from calendar). No need to set the upper limit if you want data to include all TXs from the selected date onwards. Also no need to set time here.
The shown list is simple. I’ve just modified it to include the ToUserId which I did not have there before. "Count" is the number of TXs and "SUM amount" the number of received sMerits (which is sortable).

What may be interesting here is that you can export the list in a sense by selecting the items from the list, and copying them (clipboard) to Excel, and then build the URL there if needed based on the UserId. Copying takes a little getting used to, buy I’ve managed to do it correctly a few times in a row with no issue.

iasenko

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 04:07:58 PM

@DdmrDdmr,
Great, I'll check both options next week, I'll see what is the best.
Thanks for the help:)

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 04:30:08 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2018, 07:47:56 PM by DdmrDdmr

@DdmrDdmr,
Great, I'll check both options next week, I'll see what is the best.
Thanks for the help:)
Ok great. Just to mention that I've just added the user profile URL to "Option 2" to make it easier.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 04:20:09 PM

Edit 07/09/2018:

Total sMerit:  219.617
Total Txs:      100.125
From Users:   16.587
To Users:       19.268
minDate:       2018-01-24 22:12:21   
maxDate:      2018-09-07 02:47:55

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (27/08/2018 ..02/09/2018) is down 15,33% the previous week!. This is a new minimun record, with just 3.186 distributed this week (and barely 11,41% of what was distributed during the first week of the Merit System).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 04:23:45 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Edit 14/09/2018:

Total sMerit:  223.051
Total Txs:      101.844
From Users:   16.706
To Users:       19.453
maxDate:      2018-09-14 01:55:43

The sMerit awarded on the last entire week (03/09/2018 ..09/09/2018) is up 10,99% from the previous week, recovering a bit from the previous week's 15,33% drop.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:44:18 PM

Edit 21/09/2018:

Total sMerit:  231.540
Total Txs:      106.752
From Users:   17.290
To Users:       21.235
maxDate:     2018-09-21 02:47:57

Specifics on this week's merit variation vs last week can be seen here: sMerit participants – A quick follow-up after the changes – Good so far.

Copper Member ranks have been converted to regular ranks.

I've still got a fews changes pending to do over this weekend, such us include Newbie -> Jr. Member in the ranked-up tab.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1867

https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:51:35 PM

Please could you split the "newbies" into true newbies and the spambies - the deranked ones. There seems to have been a flurry of activity and whingeing by the namby spambies, and it might be interesting to see who has abused their merit awarding ability by encouraging them.

The Fit to Talk English project is peaking at over 1,000 views in a four hour period - are you one of those guests.
If English is not your first language, then we can help you with your posting on Bitcoin Talk.
- PM me to join if you aren't a member. If you are a member, then we would love you to help other members.
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 04:15:04 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 08:49:37 AM by DdmrDdmr

Please could you split the "newbies" into true newbies and the spambies - the deranked ones. There seems to have been a flurry of activity and whingeing by the namby spambies, and it might be interesting to see who has abused their merit awarding ability by encouraging them.

I only work on merited profiles to limit data scraping. So far I've come up with the following:

Code:
Current Rank          Probable Initial Rank         nUsers
Jr. Member            Hero Member                   1
Jr. Member            Member                        9
Jr. Member            New Era Newbie <=60           296
Jr. Member            New Era Newbie <=120          458
Jr. Member            New Era Newbie <=240          571
Jr. Member            New Era Newbie <=480          138
Jr. Member            Old Era Newbie <=60           1718
Jr. Member            Old Era Newbie <=120          1585
Jr. Member            Old Era Newbie <=240          1482
Jr. Member            Old Era Newbie <=480          303

Where:

- New Era: first merit gained >= 17/09/2018
- Old Era: first merit gained <   17/09/2018
- The "<=" number is the current activity (as of last Friday).

So for example, there are 571 Jr. Members, with >120..<=240 activity, that have gained their first sMerit since last monday.

Also:

Current Rank         Probable Initial Rank     nUsers
Newbie                New Era Newbie <30   145
Newbie                Old Era Newbie <30   2.092

Notes:
- There is 1 de-ranked Hero and 9 Members to Jr. Member (also shown on the Merit Dashboard) -> Deleted posts.
- An additional batch has jumped strait to Member rank.
- We cannot tell apart which activity is prior to change of rules, and which is after the change (so I'm going for full activity, will change to post count which is more meaningful than activity).
- There's quite a lot of Old Era Jr. Members that have not logged-in for a couple of months. Perhaps they gave up ...
- Still got to work on this to get it on to the Merit Dashboard -> Ranked-Up Tab (tomorrow or Monday I figure).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 04:19:43 PM

Edit 28/09/2018:

Total sMerit:  236.823
Total Txs:      109.771
From Users:   17.578
To Users:       21.971
maxDate:      2018-09-28 02:42:56

Last of the V8s has up-ranked to Legendary.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 04:55:40 PM

Edit 05/10/2018:

Total sMerit:  241.323
Total Txs:      112.275
From Users:    17.784
To Users:        22.543
minDate:        2018-01-24 22:12:21   
maxDate:       2018-10-05 02:51:53

Aggregate awarded sMerit is now 4.508, back to June 2018 levels, being half of what it was on the week after the change of rules.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 09:15:42 AM

Edit 09/10/2018:

Added a new tab to the Merit Dashboard called "Merited User Summary". The tab allows you to get a quick visual summary for your profile (or anyone else’s), summarizing the core indicators, summary of sMerits received and sent per month, implied Ranks, and board section/subsections, as well as the users you merit and that have merited you.

It’s interesting to click on the images and use them as filters. For example:

-   Clicking on a specific Received or Sent month on the charts, adjusts all sections to the data for that month (click again to deselect or use the arrows situated on the bottom right of the screen).

-   Clicking on a Specific subsection acts likewise.

-   Clicking on a specific From User allows us to see a summary of when that user sent us sMerit, adjusting the month and subsections accordingly. To User works in the same way.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 09:55:41 AM

Edit 11/10/2018:
Tableau has had recent updates, which after a bit of tweaking, now allow the Merit Dashboard to be visible on multiple devices with better fitting. I’ve arranged things around so that a generic phone device can now be used to view the Merit Dashboard (specially in portrait mode). I may still make arrangements in the following days, since one or two horizontal scrolls are not working yet, and a few other minor things need to be adjusted.

Since the Dashboard often filters when you select a chart bar or a table row, it may not be that easy to get used to it on a mobile, while scrolling around and not accidently activating a filter. I personally prefer a larger screen though, but I think this version is a decent starting point for mobile visualization of the Dashboard.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 08:00:36 PM

Edit 12/10/2018:

Total sMerit:  245.542
Total Txs:      114.571
From Users:    17.957
To Users:        22.925
maxDate:       2018-10-12 02:51:00

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (01/10/2018..07/10/2018) is 4.325, which is 4% less than the previous week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 04:27:49 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2018, 04:23:51 PM by DdmrDdmr

Edit 19/10/2018:

Total sMerit:  249.532
Total Txs:      116.791
From Users:    18.100
To Users:        23.291
minDate:        2018-01-24 22:12:21  
maxDate:       2018-10-19 02:51:40

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (08/10/2018..14/10/2018) is 3.981, which is 7,95% less than the previous week!
In addition, the number of new merited users (first timers) is down 29,35% for the same two week comparison.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 04:23:22 PM

Edit 26/10/2018:

Total sMerit:  254.387
Total Txs:      119.392
From Users:    18.246
To Users:        23.670
maxDate:       2018-10-26 02:39:01

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (15/10/2018..21/10/2018) is 4.424, which is 11,13% more than the previous (likely new Merit Source refills).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:22:54 AM

Edit 26/10/2018:

Total sMerit:  257.779
Total Txs:      121.386
From Users:    18.374
To Users:        23.981
maxDate:       2018-11-02 02:45:04

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (22/10/2018..28/10/2018) is 4.386, which is practically the same as the previous week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 06:09:36 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 09:14:15 PM by DdmrDdmr
Merited by roycilik (1)

Edit 09/11/2018:

Total sMerit:  261.279
Total Txs:      123.476
From Users:    18.468
To Users:        24.234
maxDate:       2018-11-09 02:48:39

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (29/10/2018..04/11/2018) is 3.321, which is down 24,28% from the previous week.

I also added by request a filter on the Ranked-up Tab (called “subsection (choose one)”). This filter was non-trivial, and on this tab has the semantics of filtering the ranked-up users to those with at least 1 received sMerit in the selected Subsection.
This is very useful for local boards, as for example filtering by subsection “French” will show all users that have ranked-up needing merit, and that have received at least 1 sMerit in the French Local board. It is very likely that these users are therefore French (or affinities), and thus is a way of seeing who has ranked-up on a local board.

Obviously there can be false positives, created by multilingual people who post and get merited on more than one local board. Also locals who only get merited on English board sections only will not be detected as a local of a given language.

jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:45:44 PM

Oh my, a lot of work went to this! I imagine the goal is to be able to investigate if a user gets merit from same people maliciously when they try to cover it up? 120 days is a lot to wait but some might do it.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 01:36:57 PM

<...>
Yes, quite a bit of work has gone into creating the Merit Dashboard, and the weekly updates take-up some additional time. My initial goal was really to put some of the analysis I had done in the past into one single environment, that allowed for regular updates without having to redo the analysis themselves (see the last Tab labelled "references").

Most of those analysis really focused on a global perspective, although the added filters and tabs allow us to view the information at an individual level, and therefore serve for micro-purposes too.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 09:13:51 PM

Edit 16/11/2018:

Total sMerit:  265.886
Total Txs:      125.733
From Users:    18.581
To Users:        24.481
maxDate:       2018-11-16 02:36:37

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (05/11/2018..11/11/2018) is 4.175, which is up 26% from the previous week, and fortunately settles back into the lower 4K area which is the usual base as of late.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 05:40:51 PM

Edit 23/11/2018:

Total sMerit:  270.135
Total Txs:      128.051
From Users:    18.681
To Users:        24.670
maxDate:       2018-11-23 02:38:51

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (12/11/2018..18/11/2018) is 4.047, which is down 3,07% from the previous week, which is a non significant variation really.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 05:06:46 PM

Edit 30/11/2018:

Total sMerit:  274.008
Total Txs:      130.157
From Users:    18.752
To Users:        24.825
maxDate:       2018-11-30 01:41:21

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (19/11/2018..25/11/2018) is 4.606 which is up 13,81% from the previous week. The total amount is the highest since the beginning of June 2018 (withe the known 9,5K exception in mid September 2018).

We have a new Hero Member: bitserve.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 05:54:58 PM

Edit 07/12/2018:

Total sMerit:  277.908
Total Txs:      132.142
From Users:    18.848
To Users:        25.008
maxDate:       2018-12-07 02:50:25

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (26/11/2018..02/12/2018) is 3.791 which is down 18% from the previous week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 01:01:29 PM

Edit 15/12/2018:

Total sMerit:  281.640
Total Txs:     134.130
From Users:    18.937
To Users:        25.180
maxDate:       2018-12-14 02:38:14

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (03/12/2018..09/12/2018) is 3.596 which is down 5% from the previous week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 05:21:24 PM

Edit 21/12/2018:

Total sMerit:  285.312
Total Txs:     136.054
From Users:    19.013
To Users:        25.328
maxDate:       2018-12-21 02:49:50

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (10/12/2018..16/12/2018) is 3.689 which is up 2,59% from the previous week.

vanmincoin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:43:35 AM

I think if we are really passionate about crypto currency, we should not pay much attention to getting Merit and ranking on the forum. Just make a good contribution and everyone will acknowledge your efforts
DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 02:09:24 PM

<…>
There are plenty of people Id say where for who merit and rank are of no concern, probably more concentrated of the rather technical boards that are closer to the core development and evolution of crypto. Of course there is a whole different set of non-technical people who are rather passionate about seeing crypto thrive from a usability point of view.

Merit and rank are more of a personal nature, being a means to do business, feed the ego, or simply a means to milk the forum’s cow token boobs. They are not crypto related, but simply personal enablers.. or simply something to obviate.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 08:37:27 PM

Edit 28/12/2018:

Total sMerit:  288.812
Total Txs:      137.834
From Users:    19.063
To Users:        25.451
maxDate:       2018-12-28 02:48:32

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (17/12/2018 .. 23/12/2018) is 3.615 which is down 2,01% from the previous week.

We've also got a couple of new Heroes: roycilik and Coding Enthusiast.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 06:48:51 PM

Edit 04/01/2019:

Total sMerit:  291.791
Total Txs:      139.471
From Users:    19.152
To Users:        25.609
maxDate:       2019-01-04 02:22:19

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (24/12/2018 .. 30/12/2018) is 3.245 which is down 10,24% from the previous week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 08:50:29 PM

Edit 11/01/2019:

Total sMerit:  297.517
Total Txs:      142.429
From Users:    19.236
To Users:        25.809
maxDate:       2019-01-11 02:49:34

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (31/12/2018 .. 06/01/2019) is 4.272 which is up 31,65% from the previous week, likely related to Merit Source quota adjustment and reset.

In addition, there are two more Legendries (TMAN and Hhampuz) and two more Heroes (d_eddie and nullCoiner).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 05:36:48 PM

Edit 18/01/2019:

Total sMerit:  303.882
Total Txs:      145.441
From Users:    19.315
To Users:        25.994
maxDate:       2019-01-18 02:44:53

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (07/01/2019 .. 13/01/2019) is 5.859 which is up 37,15% from the previous week, likely related to Merit Source quota adjustment and reset (see re:Merit & new rank requirements).

In addition, there are two more Heroes (Toxic2040 and aliashraf).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 07:53:42 PM

Edit 25/01/2019:

Total sMerit:  308.838
Total Txs:      148.153
From Users:    19.376
To Users:        26.151
maxDate:       2019-01-25 02:27:47

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (14/01/2019 .. 20/01/2019) is 6.068 which is up 3,57% from the previous week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:26:27 PM

Edit 01/02/2019:

Total sMerit:  313.209
Total Txs:      150.712
From Users:    19.434
To Users:        26.311
maxDate:       2019-02-01 02:44:32

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (21/01/2019 .. 27/01/2019) is 4.645 which is down 23,45% from the previous week (likely end of Merit Source 30 day period which restarts halfway through the coming week - shame that Merit Sources have so much weight overall really ...).

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 05:05:12 PM

Edit 08/02/2019:

Total sMerit:  317.920
Total Txs:      153.500
From Users:    19.496
To Users:        26.461
maxDate:       2019-02-08 02:47:28

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (28/01/2019 .. 03/02/2019) is 4.492 which is down 3,29% from the previous week.

TryNinja has ranked-up and is now a Legendary. Congrats!

Coin-1

Activity: 910
Merit: 834

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 11:11:35 AM

Edit 08/02/2019:

Total sent 318074 merits (in 153485 txns to 26461 users):

Total sMerit:  317.920
Total Txs:      153.500
From Users:    19.496
To Users:        26.461
maxDate:       2019-02-08 02:47:28

Your merit dashboard is useful. Thanks for maintaining it.

The new file "merit.txt.xz" contains 16 transactions with a negative merit amount performed by user #0 who is probably a service account:
Code:
1549404431 -2 0.msg0 0 92110
1549404430 -5 0.msg0 0 81995
1549404430 -2 0.msg0 0 1316028
1549404430 -9 0.msg0 0 290351
1549404430 -1 0.msg0 0 289011
1549404430 -9 0.msg0 0 249872
1549404430 -7 0.msg0 0 249436
1549404430 -8 0.msg0 0 165478
1549404430 -2 0.msg0 0 9645
1549404430 -10 0.msg0 0 358020
1549404430 -10 0.msg0 0 15728
1549404430 -10 0.msg0 0 2536607
1549404430 -4 0.msg0 0 1246188
1549404430 -10 0.msg0 0 355462
1549404430 -10 0.msg0 0 92110
1549404430 -5 0.msg0 0 2472107

As far as I understand, all of these transactions reduce the merit score of several members who have recently been merited by stingers.

It seems that the "de-merit" transactions have been introduced on the forum. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███         
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

.Take a Look Into the Future.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 11:54:13 AM

<...>
I’ve just updated the Merit Dashboard to make it easier to find all these negative value TXs (or whatever TX value one wants to find). What I’ve done is create a Merit slider filter on the TXs Tab, that allows us to filter TXs within a specific range of merit value.

For example, in order to see all negative TXs we can filter the TXs as follows:

Since the associated User Id in the merit.txt file is 0 ( non-existent user), we cannot jump from the Dashboard to the From User Profile (but it is named as “(Bitcointalk forum)” for visual identification).

Last reverted sMerit TXs I recall were related to an abuse made on a hacked account. On that occasion, the original positive TXs were deleted. The new approach (positive TX and later Negative counter TX) is better for traceability.

Coin-1

Activity: 910
Merit: 834

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 04:10:16 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2019, 04:28:23 AM by Coin-1

Last reverted sMerit TXs I recall were related to an abuse made on a hacked account. On that occasion, the original positive TXs were deleted. The new approach (positive TX and later Negative counter TX) is better for traceability.

Nice update.

As far as I understand, a transaction with a negative merit value does not delete/revert the previous transaction with a positive merit value, but simply reduces the current merit score of the addressed member. In other words, such a transaction literally destroys the earned merits.

I am curious whether a transaction with a negative merit value reduces the current sMerit score of the addressed member or not. Since a user who received 2 merits gains 1 sMerit, he/she can immediately send the earned sMerits to another user.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███         
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

.Take a Look Into the Future.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 06:11:07 PM

Edit 15/02/2019:

Total sMerit:  322.193
Total Txs:      155.998
From Users:    19.558
To Users:        26.605
maxDate:       2019-02-15 02:50:29

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (04/02/2019 .. 10/02/2019) is 4.467 which is down 0,56% from the previous week.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 05:26:18 PM

Edit 22/02/2019:

Total sMerit:  326.466
Total Txs:      158.483
From Users:    19.611
To Users:        26.746
maxDate:       2019-02-22 02:48:45

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (11/02/2019 .. 17/02/2019) is 4.467 which is down 4,99% from the previous week.

Also related: Customized Trust Network – Interactive tool to see who we trust/distrust .

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 06:49:35 PM

Edit 01/03/2019:

Total sMerit:  331.058
Total Txs:      160.943
From Users:    19.651
To Users:        26.864
maxDate:       2019-03-01 02:42:58

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (18/02/2019 .. 24/02/2019) is 4.199 which is down 1,06% from the previous week.

Also related: Customized Trust Network – Interactive tool to see who we trust/distrust .

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 05:40:56 PM

Edit 08/03/2019:

Total sMerit:  335.817
Total Txs:      163.361
From Users:    19.699
To Users:        27.003
maxDate:       2019-03-08 02:49:38

Aggregate awarded sMerit for the last complete week (25/02/2019 .. 03/03/2019) is 4.457 which is up 6,14% from the previous week.

There is one more Legendary that needed merits in order to rank-up: HeRetiK.

DdmrDdmr

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 05:26:05 PM