Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 150Gh SHA256 30 day Lease #2L04 [ENDS:2.3|3PM EST]  (Read 1755 times)
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:49:30 PM

Up for auction is a 90 day lease of 150Ghash of SHA256 mining power.

Starting bid: .1BTC 
Minimum bid increment: .05BTC
Reserve price: Undisclosed

Lease Time: 30 Days *(I may consider longer terms)
Miner: L04

Auction ends 3PM EST 2/3/2014
Payment and pool information due by lease start time.
Lease Begins at the time payment and pools are received until 90 days later. 

Timer is for reference only.  The forum time-stamp will count as the official timer.

See our auction history here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420784.0

Lease Features:
  • Battery Backup
May cost extra for this one.
  • Three available networks
  • Proven compensation with extra hashing power and/or refunds for downtime
  • 105%-110% rated performance provided
  • Ability to solo mine or setup scheduled pool changes

Agreement to lease SHA256 mining power/dedicated miner (intagible):

Buyer: Highest bidder by public post at the close of the auction.
Seller: miaviator
Lease Term: Listed in auction
Hash Rate: Listed in auction
Business Day: 10AM to 6PM EST M-F excluding US holidays.
Miner: Listed in auction

Buyer agrees to pay the amount of the winning bid in BTC up front to Seller in exchange for a lease of SHA256 mining power at the above defined hash rate +/-5% variance.

1. seller will host a dedicated miner for the buyer for the duration of the lease term.
2. seller will provide hash power using sgminer or cgminer on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS.
3. seller will cover any and all hosting/electric/cooling/network/hardware/maintenance costs.
4. Seller will reimburse buyer for downtime on an hourly basis (in one hour blocks) based on: Pro-rated amount based on bitcoinwisdom calcuator at the time of the auction

5. Buyer may choose what pool(s) to mine with failover, load-balance, quota, and other multi-pool options available in sgminer or cgminer.
6. Buyer may further choose to solo mine coins based on client availability for Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS. 
7. Buyer may request changes to the dedicated miner either by a predefined schedule or criteria or once per business day.  Changes may take up to 8 business hours for implementation if not scheduled.

8. Sellers maximum liability is limited to the initial purchase price decreasing per hour the purchased hash power is available.
9. Any increase in hashing power will not be considered a breach by either party.
10. Hash per second numbers are as reported by sgminer or cgminer after HW errors are taken into account.  Pool rejects/stales/availability are not considered a decrease in the provided hashing power.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:58:59 PM

This would generate around $30 per 24 hour  right?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:07:17 AM

0.1 btc bid

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pazatron

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:12:31 AM

$27.60
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:15:19 AM

That's a loaded question.

Easy answer is to use this calculator  Just customize the BTC/USD increase, and the higher/lower Diff jumps and remember the lease doesn't start until Monday.  Another good resource for profitability per jump is here http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator remember this is a hosted lease so there is no power costs or any other costs and delivery is instant upon payment.

Everyone has different guesses and knowledge of what the BTC/USD price will be and what the difficulty increase will be.  I assume bidders will calculate their profitability using their knowledge/research of what 150Ghash @ 90 days would generate in BTC and bid up to a given amount below that to ensure profitability of the lease.

My personal opinion is that this will generate some amount of BTC and no $  Grin

0.1 btc bid

Current High Bid 0.1

MakeBelieve

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

Thanks for the reply I have a question.

You mention this at the top of the thread but then say this is a 30 day lease instead of 90 which is it?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:27:59 AM

You mention this at the top of the thread but then say this is a 30 day lease instead of 90 which is it?

It should be 30 days as the Title states.  It was originally 90 days.  I will consider longer terms if the buyer wants.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:33:28 AM

It should be 30 days as the Title states.  It was originally 90 days.  I will consider longer terms if the buyer wants.

I thought it was 90 days - I would like to consider a 90 day lease. Would you be agreeable to a private contract? I'd also be happy to go a bit higher, hashrate-wise.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:36:11 AM

I think I have to abandon this auction and recreate it as either all 30 or all 90* I'll accept offers via PM.

MakeBelieve

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:39:25 AM

I think I have to abandon this auction and recreate it as either all 30 or all 90* I'll accept offers via PM.

I may be interested in a 90 day auction more than a 30.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:46:21 AM

OK.

I'll abandon this auction and post the original 90 day copy vs the broken 30 day copy.

AUCTION CLOSED

Please see the running thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=443140.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: