Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i have 16 bitcoins what should i do with them?  (Read 1605 times)
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:30:50 AM

Newbie status, with the post starting with "OK so", ergo (that means 'therefore') this has to be an excellent OP to read.

theymos, what are the chances of you creating a Trollbie section on this forum?

+1
chocomav

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:15:07 PM

Bitcoin Armory is probably the gold standard for secure wallets, but you have to download the entire blockchain. An easy-to-use wallet is Electrum and works well also. If you don't have any immediate need for cash, then you can get the highest price for selling bitcoins on Mt.Gox as they tend to be $100+ higher than the other exchanges. The downside is that you will probably have to wait 5-6 weeks in order to get USD/money wired to you.

Perhaps sell 2-3 bitcoins and invest in alternate cryptocurrencies which have more appreciation potential (litecoin, etc.) and convert them back to bitcoins after a good gain. And keep the rest of your bitcoins as a long-term rainy day (or retirement) fund... Smiley
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:28:49 PM

Trade the other half on Mtgox and keep the other half for another 5 years, just keep the half and familiarize your self in trading to earn even more. 
Here is my axe you can always trow a little bit of that coin on my way.

1GVnPQZShy3UWwawyhwec6gcyPx1D6rZ8s
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:15:08 PM

Newbie status, with the post starting with "OK so", ergo (that means 'therefore') this has to be an excellent OP to read.

theymos, what are the chances of you creating a Trollbie section on this forum?

Sense, this makes none.

*baffled*

I'd get used to this feeling with Phinnaeus posts lol.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:24:30 PM

OK so a while back, when the bit-coin was worth about $6.25 a piece, I convinced a friend of mine to purchase  $100 dollars worth of bit-coin, which got you a whopping 16 bit-coins at the time. My friend was un able to get into his wallet until about a week ago, so it was quite a surprise. He is keeping them in an offline bitchain wallet. What is the best site to sell bit-coins and what is the best place to store them? Huh

Coinbase, if you are in US.
Bitstamp, if you are not.

The best way to store them is to keep that offline wallet lol.
If your coin can survive from mid-2012 (judging from the price) till now, I am sure it works pretty good for you. Smiley
oxfardk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:40:23 PM

OK so a while back, when the bit-coin was worth about $6.25 a piece, I convinced a friend of mine to purchase  $100 dollars worth of bit-coin, which got you a whopping 16 bit-coins at the time. My friend was un able to get into his wallet until about a week ago, so it was quite a surprise. He is keeping them in an offline bitchain wallet. What is the best site to sell bit-coins and what is the best place to store them? Huh

the best place to store them should be into a cold wallet Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: