Print  
Author Topic: FPGAs  (Read 105 times)
ccplz (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 28, 2024, 01:13:06 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Anybody doing some FPGA mining? I'm looking at the superscalar k10 and osprey e300 and the hashrates/wattage are looking too good to be true, especially when they can do multiple algorithms thus being way less risky from a difficulty ramping up/coin worth dropping standpoint. Does anyone have any experience with these machines, maybe some downsides they're willing to share like poor silicone or something?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 11:14:49 AM

i can say not worth, and this by far. I mean between $1 - $5 earnings a day before power and a price over $5000. FPGA mining is not worth and it was never worth in my opinion, the devices are too expensive.
ccplz (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 05:50:09 PM

i can say not worth, and this by far. I mean between $1 - $5 earnings a day before power and a price over $5000. FPGA mining is not worth and it was never worth in my opinion, the devices are too expensive.
Meh it's not too bad, looking at the superscalar k10, at 0.1$ kwh price, you are making almost 10 USD per day profit mining alephium. You can buy it from a certain asic custom firmware salesman for 5250$(don't wanna advertise). That's a 547 day ROI which is not too good or bad, but there's only like a handful of ASICs that can match this, and we are in a market state where it can't be fully called bear or bull market (at least imo).
Idk, I was considering this as an investment which is why I opened this thread to ask if people have had negative experiences with them(failing chips, etc)
Papillion

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2024, 06:11:21 PM

Idk, I was considering this as an investment which is why I opened this thread to ask if people have had negative experiences with them(failing chips, etc)

yeah tons of negative experiences, failing chips, swapped out equipment, people running around like chickens with their heads cut off doing different jobs than would have been assigned to them...

experiencing a negative experience right now.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 10:00:00 AM

Meh it's not too bad, looking at the superscalar k10, at 0.1$ kwh price, you are making almost 10 USD per day profit mining alephium. You can buy it from a certain asic custom firmware salesman for 5250$(don't wanna advertise). That's a 547 day ROI which is not too good or bad, but there's only like a handful of ASICs that can match this, and we are in a market state where it can't be fully called bear or bull market (at least imo).

bullmarket stuff: anything crypto makes money, bought 4000$ worth of old shitcoin x10 that would be 40k, defi pools and farming cost around x4-x5 compared to mining setups at the same profit but makes things very easy.

could expand my mining hardware setup(i'm pretty maxed out for now), but money well placed in crypto can buy you more mining setups hehehe

NOT FINANCIAL ADVISE LOL!

bearmarket stuff: all those things don't make you money LOL!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: