Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Browser forgetting Login after a certain amount of time?  (Read 167 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:08:51 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 06:14:47 PM by jackg

Now this isn't an often occurance but I'm wondering why this is. Once every ~6 months maybe, my login information gets lost for this website somewhere and I'm not entirely sure why it is? Does theymos do some sort of update, my cookies/login info for other sites are remembered, it's just this one that gets forgotten by my browsers (it did it on both my phone and computer so I'm thinking it's probably experienced by a lot of people - and the recaptcha is a bit annoying, have to do it a few times)...

Edit: if it is just me that experinces this, could anyone suggest a fix. I have android Chrome and windows Firefox (they're not linked - even if there is a way to link them - other than the IP address they connect through).
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:33:35 PM

Do you maybe have some program that would clear cache/cookies/history after some time? Also I've had a problem before where I'd get logged out if I login here over my phone. So, you logging in on another device may cause that issue.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:44:27 PM

Do you maybe have some program that would clear cache/cookies/history after some time? Also I've had a problem before where I'd get logged out if I login here over my phone. So, you logging in on another device may cause that issue.

But it's only once every so many months that it forgets it and i do remember to tick the always log in bit. I don't remember every clicking "forget about this site" and I'm on a minimalistic login on my main version of windows (not my normal user login as I just have firefox and bitcoin core installed).

It forgot it on both my phone and laptop at the same time which seems really weird.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:54:29 PM

If I intentionally wipe out the history of the browser every out of this website, this's done to anticipate if something happens to my device like PC / Mobile Phone.

yes, I often recaptcha over and over again but I don't feel to be annoyed, maybe this for security and -  train my logic  Cheesy

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:17:21 PM

If I intentionally wipe out the history of the browser every out of this website, this's done to anticipate if something happens to my device like PC / Mobile Phone.
Yes, if you delete cookies to the site, naturally, your login should go as that's how it's stored by SMF in the first place.

yes, I often recaptcha over and over again but I don't feel to be annoyed, maybe this for security and -  train my logic  Cheesy

It's annoying when it's unreasonable and uncontrollable and my IP doesn't make many requests to google's recaptcha often (there's only two or three sites I use that need it for login and sometimes that's not necessary anyway).
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 07:39:46 PM

Hi jackg, I don't know if I experienced the same case you have or not but I always loose my connection in mobile once I connect with my pc and vice versa even if always login was checked. Same goes if I connect with 2 different browsers in the same device, i have to re-enter my login details again.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:03:24 PM

- If you logout on one session, all of your sessions are logged out.
 - When you change your password, your session length is changed to 1 hour, so you will soon be logged out.

There's no 6-month expiration or anything. If your "remember password" thing is being forgotten, then that'd be especially surprising.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:14:34 PM

- If you logout on one session, all of your sessions are logged out.
 - When you change your password, your session length is changed to 1 hour, so you will soon be logged out.

There's no 6-month expiration or anything. If your "remember password" thing is being forgotten, then that'd be especially surprising.

Thanks theymos, I didn't do either of those things intentionally. I think it's unlikely I logged out from my phone becuase I moved accross in 1 stroke (however, maybe I'm remembering that wrong).

Anyway my questions have ben answered so I'll now lock this thread now.

Hi jackg, I don't know if I experienced the same case you have or not but I always loose my connection in mobile once I connect with my pc and vice versa even if always login was checked. Same goes if I connect with 2 different browsers in the same device, i have to re-enter my login details again.
You've probably done the first of what theymos suggested I reckon, it shouldn't log you out (I do it enough and it doesn't happen every time).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: