Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALIAS (prev. XSPEC) | Anonymous | PoSv3 & PoAS | Tor | Ring Signatures  (Read 36032 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
someiotanow

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 08:22:30 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2020, 08:42:41 AM by someiotanow

This project has fallen.Order books are empty. It's even too late to cut your losses.

The problem with this project is their very exaggerated activism.  This team has no patience and has no idea of how marketing and brands truly works.

Spectrecoin or Alias is technically a good project. Should be worth like maybe 20-120 $ at the end of 2021, but the reality is it is worth 0,0000000$ or zero , nada, nothing, less then less and it  will stay there forever . Mark my words.

Last year they have destroyed a lot of trust by inflating the coin to get a little more then 3 million coins for themself. Morally, it's not a bad thing. I actually believed them, that they didn't have made enough money to go on. But it destroyed the spirit so much, that it was almost completely gone.

It may have recovered from this.Maybe.

But then there was their super duper mega REBRANDING!!!!!!! OMG, hold my breath!!

This was the worst and unprofessional thing ever seen in human history.I can tell you that! Nobody, I mean nobody needed this. And the thing is...C'mon man! The thing....you know the thing.....no I'm joking here.

So the thing is that a project who nobody knows can not have a rebranding without a massive (and of course) a very expensive advertisement campaign. By expensive I mean at least like 200k+ $ maybe more.

So what is the alternative to this mess? Look, the situation now is that they again run out of money. They not even have enough to artificially fill up the order books (both sides) to give newcomers a reason to come back. You can not really sell or buy more then like 20k coins. This is ridiculously.

The truth is: If there was no inflating (update to 3.x) and of course no rebranding. Spectrecoin would be in a way better position than it is right now.
Because if they didn't do all this crap, nobody would be pissed of. Nobody would have has a doubt about this project. Activism only brings two things:
Instability and doubt. Did Bitcoin needed to rebrand? NO! Of course not!

The team:
But we didn't have any money..bu hu. So where is the problem? You should have known that in a bear market you can't barely make any money, no matter  what you do. Don't you know what the only way is to overcome a bear market? You just have to wait. There is no way around. You can't force the bulls to come back earlier.

But what you should have done is the following: Absolutely nothing. At least no stupid qt library changes, so that you're up to date with the newest shit. All the other good projects don't do this either. Why? Because it costs time and gains absolutely nothing. It actually is harmful. If you use linux you can't even get the wallet working when you not have the newest version of it, despite that your distro is still deployed until 2023. So it reduces compatibility and costs time.

Why not just concentrate on things that matter? The android wallet for example? Or at least a light wallet? Integrating to one or more of the various multi coin wallets?

Then you could have spectrecoin just leave the way it was and maybe start a funding. So the people would then not donate for the team, but they would donate for the android wallet. Say you need 50k $ for this. People would have give it to you.(If you only wait months, not weeks.) But you didn't have trust in the community and concentrated on the wrong things.

But you didn't even start a fundraiser for the android wallet. You just said that you don't have enough money and then you inflated the coin. people told you back then that it will not work. But you kept on on your broken way. Good luck with that!

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 09:06:04 AM

@someiotanow Not sure why or what you're complaining about?  Huh  Alias is an objectively better name than Spectrecoin. Few people have heard about the project before and after, so in terms of existing brand recognition it doesn't make a difference, but can make a difference in the future. I guess the team had some experiences that brought them to the conclusion that a rebrand would be necessary, even if that does not seem obvious to everyone. It's definitely more than just "activism".

The new wallet looks great, mobile wallet is being worked on. It is planned to be released in December. It's a small project with almost no funding so things naturally take some time. If they hadn't raised coins for themselves through a hardfork, it all would have taken even longer, so people would still be complaining. I assure you that IF they had 200k to spend, things would look much differently.  Wink

You have made the following, valuable suggestions:

• Android wallet
  • Light wallet
  • Integrating into multicoin wallets
  • Start a fundraiser to speed up development

Those are good points, I think the first three are already on the roadmap (I would add the suggestion of having a public feature roadmap). I will forward this to the team in case they aren't reading here. Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
someiotanow

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 10:03:29 AM

@Gandalf86 Yes Alias is a better name. But that is it. What does Alias stand for? Its just an alias for spectrecoin, the true name of the project.
But even if you think that the name change gives the project such a big advantage, why is the market showing the opposite? Price dropping and order books empty. And the market does not lie.

Yeah you can try to make a fundraiser for the android wallet. But IHMO this train has long gone. The community has already lost the faith. you can see this on the pathetic every day "Good Morning" greetings by the team and the shill circle at the discord channel.Instead of having a real conversation of what is going wrong, they censored the same what I have freely expressed here at bitcointalk.

Why the team spend so much energy on this stupid rebranding? Which has as you all can see now the opposite effect of what it was supposed to be?
Instead they could have used the money not to hire a stupid marketing agency which just costs money (which they don't have) to simply build the Android wallet???

reZpaR

Activity: 79

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 10:28:12 AM

@Gandalf86 Yes Alias is a better name. But that is it. What does Alias stand for? Its just an alias for spectrecoin, the true name of the project.
But even if you think that the name change gives the project such a big advantage, why is the market showing the opposite? Price dropping and order books empty. And the market does not lie.

Yeah you can try to make a fundraiser for the android wallet. But IHMO this train has long gone. The community has already lost the faith. you can see this on the pathetic every day "Good Morning" greetings by the team and the shill circle at the discord channel.Instead of having a real conversation of what is going wrong, they censored the same what I have freely expressed here at bitcointalk.

Why the team spend so much energy on this stupid rebranding? Which has as you all can see now the opposite effect of what it was supposed to be?
Instead they could have used the money not to hire a stupid marketing agency which just costs money (which they don't have) to simply build the Android wallet???

There is no community since over 2 years. The amount of people that are involved and actually push for the project are likely less than 20. That certainly doesnt include you.
Instead of complaining your ass off you could simply try and give a hand.
If you re such a smart guy, I m guessing you re leading a very successful crypto project. Guess nobody has heard of it yet.

If doing nothing on a project is your anticipated behavior, guess the team will start to do nothing now. Theres no difference to it, is there?
someiotanow

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 12:43:49 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2020, 01:13:12 PM by someiotanow

There is no community since over 2 years. The amount of people that are involved and actually push for the project are likely less than 20.

There you go. But why is there no community? Because this activism actions drove people off the project.
Still you might have a misconception of what a community is. If you think a community is something that will thrive the project forward , in case of financial  projects you're wrong. A community will never do a thing. That will always be that way.

A great community is just an indicator for a great project. The one thing you all not understand is that people who did support this project did this because they wanted to make money. And money is a very serious topic for the most people in this world. So listen to this people! Listen to people who have invested thousands of dollars or will invest thousands of dollars. But the team truly is here just for the altruism and do good. yeah, sure... Roll Eyes

The team doesn't get the simple point that when ever it makes an announcement or say something about the project they get a response from the people who are already invested or people who thinking about to invest in this project. They just don't care what these people say. They have no feeling for the overall mood in the community, which is again not the ones who will ever do a thing. The main reason you need a community is that it mirrors your actions and gives you feedback. When you stop listening to them and do things where people can't see the point of doing so they move out and the community spirals down to a bubble. And a bubble will not give you any feedback if you do things wrong, instead you get only confirmation, because you personally can't handle the stress of being attacked.

Ignorance leads to this:

Community did disappear
The team : This is fine

Price drops
The team: This is fine

Order books empty

https://i.cbc.ca/1.3958702.1485808668!/fileImage/httpImage/image.png_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/this-is-fine.png
reZpaR

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 02:52:25 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2020, 03:08:43 PM by reZpaR

There is no community since over 2 years. The amount of people that are involved and actually push for the project are likely less than 20.

There you go. But why is there no community? Because this activism actions drove people off the project.
Still you might have a misconception of what a community is. If you think a community is something that will thrive the project forward , in case of financial  projects you're wrong. A community will never do a thing. That will always be that way.

A great community is just an indicator for a great project. The one thing you all not understand is that people who did support this project did this because they wanted to make money. And money is a very serious topic for the most people in this world. So listen to this people! Listen to people who have invested thousands of dollars or will invest thousands of dollars. But the team truly is here just for the altruism and do good. yeah, sure... Roll Eyes

The team doesn't get the simple point that when ever it makes an announcement or say something about the project they get a response from the people who are already invested or people who thinking about to invest in this project. They just don't care what these people say. They have no feeling for the overall mood in the community, which is again not the ones who will ever do a thing. The main reason you need a community is that it mirrors your actions and gives you feedback. When you stop listening to them and do things where people can't see the point of doing so they move out and the community spirals down to a bubble. And a bubble will not give you any feedback if you do things wrong, instead you get only confirmation, because you personally can't handle the stress of being attacked.

Ignorance leads to this:

Community did disappear
The team : This is fine

Price drops

Order books empty

https://i.cbc.ca/1.3958702.1485808668!/fileImage/httpImage/image.png_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/this-is-fine.png

There is zero discussions in Discord or anywhere. There have been talks about changes/releases and whatsoever, but there is none or close to zero feedback since years. Not sure what planet you are on but the main folks talking is the few people of the team who actually care about whats going on.
You re probably just salty because your few coins arent worth as much to retire yet, without putting any effort yourself.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 12:42:04 PM

I think it is meant to indicate the idea of anonymity, even though technically the coin implements true anonymity and not pseudonymity.  Wink  Personally I would have preferred a name that is closer to the idea of hard cash, but hey it's still better than "Spectrecoin" which itself has nothing to do with anonymity or cash at all.

Don't worry about short term market movements too much. As I said, the name mostly affects the future marketability. Right now, most people still haven't heard of the project so you should not expect an immediate effect on the market.

"What should have been done" is easy to say in retrospective. I'm sure the team is trying to make the best decisions and you never know beforehand how effective certain decisions will be, or when/if they will have a cumulative effect.

I've been investing in cryptocurrencies for a long time and the best advice I can give to you is to buy and forget. Don't count on short-term market effects because the market rarely behaves how we expect it. Just try to help the project while you are having positive expectations, and cut the losses and sell your coins if you are sure that the project will fail. The only thing that matters is long-time development, and right now I think the outlook is quite positive given that there is continuous progress.  Smiley

Btw. today I learned that there is also a roadmap on the new homepage, which is quite interesting: https://alias.cash/technology/roadmap/

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
yog25

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2020, 10:56:09 PM

I believe the rebranding was probably the best decision made by the team. Alias sounds much better than spectrecoin. Things may be stagnant for the time being but long term I think this rebranding will immensely help.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:16:14 PM

I believe the rebranding was probably the best decision made by the team. Alias sounds much better than spectrecoin. Things may be stagnant for the time being but long term I think this rebranding will immensely help.

Rebranding? I have some tokens since Ico times, it was SXUDT and SX something else..
How the thing will look now? Is there new token still ERC-20 or should I make any swap?
Or I will lose my money again:D

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
someiotanow

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 06:41:37 PM

The name is ALIAS.There were never tokens IMHO. It was an sovereign blockchain since the beginning. They just changed the name from Spectrecoin [XSPEC] to Alias [ALIAS].

By the way the early access android wallet is out since a few days. I tested it and it works quite well with just some minor bugs, which will be solved probably before Christmas. So there is still a very active development behind this project. But actually not so much community or marketing activity as of now.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 08:57:18 PM

By the way the early access android wallet is out since a few days. I tested it and it works quite well with just some minor bugs, which will be solved probably before Christmas. So there is still a very active development behind this project. But actually not so much community or marketing activity as of now.

Actually there is quite some marketing activity going on on the different social media channels, Rhubarb is doing a great job! Just not on Bitcointalk lol, unfortunately. Check out the other social media channels on the home page.  Smiley

lukikato

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 08:10:43 PM

Actually there is quite some marketing activity going on on the different social media channels, Rhubarb is doing a great job! Just not on Bitcointalk lol, unfortunately. Check out the other social media channels on the home page.  Smiley
because the number of projects is very high competition, it takes hard work to attract the interest of many people. at least they have to do significant development
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 08:35:16 PM

because the number of projects is very high competition, it takes hard work to attract the interest of many people. at least they have to do significant development

There is definitely significant development happening here. They just released the new mobile App in public beta, which is a full-node mobile app with full convergence (so desktop version and mobile version are actually the same program!). That's a big deal IMO, it allows users to stake coins on their phones and opens up an entirely new target group of people who only have a smartphone but no PC.

yog25

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 02:03:27 AM

A mobile wallet that allows anonymous staking is unheard of. I think people from East and South Asia will find this attractive, since a lot of them do not own a computer. Mobile staking will definitely bring more attention to this project. 
reZpaR

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 10:31:38 AM

Rebranding? I have some tokens since Ico times, it was SXUDT and SX something else..
How the thing will look now? Is there new token still ERC-20 or should I make any swap?
Or I will lose my money again:D

Different project.
yog25

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2020, 06:37:41 AM

there is a new video on youtube. make sure to check it out!

https://youtu.be/oeYFmtrmS4g
PoloPlay

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 08:49:12 PM

there is a new video on youtube. make sure to check it out!

https://youtu.be/oeYFmtrmS4g

Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Hilarious. He is "nasty!"
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 07:22:08 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 04:36:58 PM by Bitman86

A few history firsts.

Alias achieving its goals.

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 12:32:32 PM

Good to see this coin developement, but  I kept it in exchanges which are gone already  :/ cryptopia, nova etc

Good luck remaining holders! :d

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2020, 04:17:06 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 04:42:20 PM by Bitman86

Great news !

Alias will be listed on StakeCube in the first days of February.

In case you don't know, Stakecube is an excellent exchange,
please follow this link to see its advanced features:

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: