Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore miner issue  (Read 289 times)
Pekine (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:33:30 PM

Hi All,

I had my Ethereum miner up and running for more or less a year now, with goo and stable Hash rates. Now I had to restart and Windows was broken. So I had no other option than to reinstall it all. I followed exactly the same step as I did before, but for some reason when I open claymore miner it does not come further than:
 ETH: 1 Pool is specified
 Main Ethereum poo is eu1.ehtermine.org:4444
 DCR: 0 pool is specified.

When I wait for a while the following message comes up:

- Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!
Restarting OK, exit ....

And it starts again.

I have followed I think all the correct steps:
1) Installed Windows 10 - 64 Bit
2) General settings (Assign virtual memory, password settings, Prevent automatic updates
3) Download the last Blockchain drivers from AMD 64 Bit - https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx
4) Remove the AMD drivers with DDU (in Safe mode)
5) Install the new AMD Blcokchain drivers
6) Download Claymore miner v11.8
7) Change bat file and test

I Have tried:
1) Different versions of Claymore
2) Different times to re install and install the drivers
3) The GPU's show up pin my AMD software - and in device management
4) Speecy test say they work fine

However
1) The fans are not running
2) possmark performance test does not find the GPU's

Anybody an idea an what to do? Is restarting xith a frech windows install the only option? If so what are the steps to pay attention to, to make sure it will work good the next time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jsunlock

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:37:46 PM

Hi

I get same problems on win10 x64 after April 2018 Update,
and I do not manage to repair it only by reinstalling win10 without April 2018 Update.

I hope it will help you

JS
Pekine (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:07:08 PM

Thanks,

I will try that. I just tried to do it all over again.

Before removing the drivers it was at least finding 3 of my GPUS (RX580), and they were mining at a whopping 17MH/s  Smiley.

I uninstall and install again and still the same thing. So there must definitly be something wrong with the the drivers or like you say the windows upgrade.

Will try it now again.
Pekine (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:30:17 PM

Hi

and I do not manage to repair it only by reinstalling win10 without April 2018 Update.

I hope it will help you

JS

Probably a stupid question, but How do I install it without the April Release? I do seem to find it on the internet, nor do I find a setting during the installation.
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:34:40 PM

Same issues with the latest Windows update. Claymore works, but it takes about 10-15 minutes to start up.
jsunlock

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:28:03 AM

Hi

I hope it will help you

JS

Probably a stupid question, but How do I install it without the April Release? I do seem to find it on the internet, nor do I find a setting during the installation.

Just need to find one win10 install kit before April Release, install without being connected to the internet,
disable all windows updates (you can find how to by Google) and then you can connect.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:09:28 PM

My rig is working fine with the last update of windows 10. That's more like the driver issue (after windows updates). You were mentioning above that you were using RX series (580), have you tried installing the newest driver (Adrenalin)? (then don't forget to switch to compute mode)
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:08:14 PM

I also heard someone experienced the same issue as yours after the windows update and some of his GPU the hashrate is dropping,
So I think you can try to use the old version of windows 10 version 1709 this os works for me without any issue just make sure to turn off automated update. you can download OS here http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/ for free just make sure that you download the win10 v1709
jsunlock

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:21:50 PM

My rig is working fine with the last update of windows 10. That's more like the driver issue (after windows updates). You were mentioning above that you were using RX series (580), have you tried installing the newest driver (Adrenalin)? (then don't forget to switch to compute mode)

Of course, I have tried with different drivers, nothing has worked, only reinstalling version before April Updates has worked for me.

JS
Pekine (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:59:16 PM

I did try Adrenalin as well. was not working neither. I did not put it to compute mode, but I assume that that is just to boost the hash rate. I will try again in the weekend. Now I don't have time for it
Pekine (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:04:15 PM

Hi

I hope it will help you

JS

Just need to find one win10 install kit before April Release, install without being connected to the internet,
disable all windows updates (you can find how to by Google) and then you can connect.

Thanks, will try that in the weekend with a fresh install.
Mathero11

Activity: 36
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:24:09 PM

guys you don't need to reinstall windows if u got the 1803 update.

just revert to the 1709 version, its done in less then 10 minutes.

https://pureinfotech.com/uninstall-windows-10-1803-april-2018-update/
jsunlock

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:15:48 AM

Must try this, its possible to work,  I was to "angry" Smiley to dig more so I have installed fresh 1709.
xlm19877

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:28:45 AM

some time i got this problem

i restart my computer then all thing is ok

but my friend uninstall windows 10 and reinstall old version and stop update

you can test uninstall your driver and install adrenaline   
Pekine (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:17:07 PM

Must try this, its possible to work,  I was to "angry" Smiley to dig more so I have installed fresh 1709.

As it's a fresh install I can't roll back.
texgeek

Activity: 515
Merit: 202

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:09:17 AM

in general, when claymore close automatically, the root cause is loose files inside same folder,

or a bad command line in execution , i think.

I hope this can help

open to virtual work
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:38:54 AM

Hi All,

I had my Ethereum miner up and running for more or less a year now, with goo and stable Hash rates. Now I had to restart and Windows was broken. So I had no other option than to reinstall it all. I followed exactly the same step as I did before, but for some reason when I open claymore miner it does not come further than:
 ETH: 1 Pool is specified
 Main Ethereum poo is eu1.ehtermine.org:4444
 DCR: 0 pool is specified.

When I wait for a while the following message comes up:

- Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!
Restarting OK, exit ....

And it starts again.

I have followed I think all the correct steps:
1) Installed Windows 10 - 64 Bit
2) General settings (Assign virtual memory, password settings, Prevent automatic updates
3) Download the last Blockchain drivers from AMD 64 Bit - https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx
4) Remove the AMD drivers with DDU (in Safe mode)
5) Install the new AMD Blcokchain drivers
6) Download Claymore miner v11.8
7) Change bat file and test

I Have tried:
1) Different versions of Claymore
2) Different times to re install and install the drivers
3) The GPU's show up pin my AMD software - and in device management
4) Speecy test say they work fine

However
1) The fans are not running
2) possmark performance test does not find the GPU's

Anybody an idea an what to do? Is restarting xith a frech windows install the only option? If so what are the steps to pay attention to, to make sure it will work good the next time.

Seems like you've already tried lots of solutions, have you considered disabling your firewall or antivirus?

If you still get problems even after that, then you probably have a hardware issue. You will need to check your risers, cables, plugs, etc. Make everything is correctly connected and nothing is lose. Then if it still doesn't work i would try connecting GPUs one by one. See if you can mine with just one GPU.
jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:54:59 PM

in general, when claymore close automatically, the root cause is loose files inside same folder,

Yeah, I think that was the source of its problems, but it's more like some other file that was missing.

Like I said before, it may relate to drivers issue. I think too early to reinstalling the Windows, but when you have done almost everything, and the problems persist, reinstalling the Windows will be the last choice.

By the way, have you solved this issue OP?
texgeek

Activity: 515
Merit: 202

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:45:59 AM

Yeah, I think that was the source of its problems, but it's more like some other file that was missing.

Like I said before, it may relate to drivers issue. I think too early to reinstalling the Windows, but when you have done almost everything, and the problems persist, reinstalling the Windows will be the last choice.

By the way, have you solved this issue OP?

I abondoned Claymore, im using now etherminer.

You can run this test,

Use etherminer from gnoil -> https://cryptomining-blog.com/7916-new-ethminer-0-9-41-genoil-1-1-2-pre-release-windows-binary/

Open bat file and configure to dwarfpool (http is more easy)  https://dwarfpool.com/eth

Run , the bat. If you receive a msg GPU is not found. So you have a problems with windows drivers.
If you starting mining, you have a problem with Claymore version.

open to virtual work
jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:41:09 AM

Run , the bat. If you receive a msg GPU is not found. So you have a problems with windows drivers.
If you starting mining, you have a problem with Claymore version.

That's pretty good method.

My rigs aren't affected by last Windows update, at this moment I was safe.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: