Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Profitability ASIC vs GPU  (Read 1087 times)
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 10:09:02 AM

You calculate ROI when you make order. But when your ASIC arrives, difficulty will be much more higher (some coin got x5 and x10)

This is an important consideration that many people easily miss out when buying and computing ROI for ASICs. Most surely difficulty will rise sharply after the first few weeks of promised delivery and that means a steep decline of profits following that.

Buying ASICs is a big risk, even if you get to buy from the first batch of it's sale.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:58:29 AM

Asic is a piece of iron. It is expensive, on the secondary market is not in demand. As a rule, it's very dinny and consumes electricity. The profit falls very quickly, only those customers who will receive the first are the winners + problems with the guarantee.

The GPU has fewer problems and can be sold in the secondary market

The GPU is toast after a year of mining and NOBODY WILL WANT IT.

Gonna be a flood of used miner cards on ebay - people will soon learn they aren't worth shit for reliability! Any hardcore PC gamer knows gfx cards have a usage life depending on how hard you push em much like a car! cars with high miles = worth jack shit.

With gfx tech increasing rapidly right now fueld by crypto, you can bet that 1080/vega or whatever will be worth $60 in a year (+ shipping and ebay/paypal fees) so the resale price point doesn;t mean much.

I'd much rather have twice the production per unit of time/energy/$$ because lets be honet right now its about who can most the most the fastest speculating on a future price increase and known diffcullty scaling.

TLDR:

The asic miners blow gfx cards out of the water no doubt about it.

And this news of secret asic miners taking HUGE chunks of monero, zcash, etc, WTF?? crypto for the hobby gfx card miner is dead most just don't realize it (which fuels the at home gfx card hobby miner market).

it would take more than 2 years before the GPU can be burnt depending on how you use it. overclocking is going to toast it quicker. 2 years i think can get you to earn enough to buy more GPU to continue the business. i however quit mining after trying in less than a month because it seem not profitable in my area due to watt rate.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:22:26 PM

Asic is a piece of iron. It is expensive, on the secondary market is not in demand. As a rule, it's very dinny and consumes electricity. The profit falls very quickly, only those customers who will receive the first are the winners + problems with the guarantee.

The GPU has fewer problems and can be sold in the secondary market

The GPU is toast after a year of mining and NOBODY WILL WANT IT.

Gonna be a flood of used miner cards on ebay - people will soon learn they aren't worth shit for reliability! Any hardcore PC gamer knows gfx cards have a usage life depending on how hard you push em much like a car! cars with high miles = worth jack shit.

With gfx tech increasing rapidly right now fueld by crypto, you can bet that 1080/vega or whatever will be worth $60 in a year (+ shipping and ebay/paypal fees) so the resale price point doesn;t mean much.

I'd much rather have twice the production per unit of time/energy/$$ because lets be honet right now its about who can most the most the fastest speculating on a future price increase and known diffcullty scaling.

TLDR:

The asic miners blow gfx cards out of the water no doubt about it.

And this news of secret asic miners taking HUGE chunks of monero, zcash, etc, WTF?? crypto for the hobby gfx card miner is dead most just don't realize it (which fuels the at home gfx card hobby miner market).

Dear friend. In any business, you need to make investments in time and get out in time Smiley
I was very lucky, I invested at the right time. I'm against buying a video card on ebay or other international stores. Video cards purchased in the stores of the home city have a 3-year warranty (you can make 5 for a fee) and they are perfectly sold in the secondary market. 10% of my video cards were put under warranty because of breakdowns. There were no problems. The funny thing is that according to Russian laws the seller is obliged to issue a substitution for the period of repair of the video card. And while the seller was solving warranty issues, I mined on his video cards Smiley
tonyosa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 05:26:22 PM

Mining difficulty for bitcoin has increased with about 15 percent is last two weeks and bitcoin price has plunged.It makes bitcoin mining currently unattractive even with ASIC miners.It seem to be better to buy from the market
markiz73

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:20:38 PM

At the current cost of bitcoin and the complexity of mining, many companies will leave the market. I have contracts in cloud-mining services, where nothing is paid, somewhere a profit of $ 0.1 from 1 Tx per day Smiley
but we expect another halving of the award for the block in 2020, then another one in 4 years. The price should grow, otherwise large companies will start serious problems.
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:36:14 PM

Well it's really depend on the current difficulty.
Having ASIC not really guarantee your profitability. The facts are; your ASIC batches will really increase the difficulty.
So, there are misconception calculator for new miner somehow.
Having GPU also at risk now days. The high profit for GPU also already long gone.
Mohondoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:50:12 AM

I believe that ASIC mining is more profitable than GPU for now. But if most of the coins become ASIC resistance at the end , where we will sell the ASIC we have used ? which we know that ASIC price is expensive, so i think at the end GPU more profitable, stay waiting time.
markiz73

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:27:51 PM

I believe that ASIC mining is more profitable than GPU for now. But if most of the coins become ASIC resistance at the end , where we will sell the ASIC we have used ? which we know that ASIC price is expensive, so i think at the end GPU more profitable, stay waiting time.
Let's go back to the beginning of creating a crypto currency. The main principle was the decentralization of the system. Ie every person could support the network on his computer and get a reward for it. The creation of the asics killed all the principles of decentralization. Now the market is owned by 5-10 largest companies.

Now about the GPU. All the mining of the GPU is still developing thanks to the Ethereum. ETH is mining 10 to 12 million video cards (roughly). If the reward for the block falls to 0.6 ETH for the miners and the asics are released to the market, this will completely kill the GPU mining. Miners will go on other algorithms and profit will reduce to the 0.

Therefore, asics is a threat number 2 for the GPU of mining, the threat number 1 is the transition of ETH to the  POS mining Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: