Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 8377 times)
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 09:45:37 AM

Actually which is the correct version that should be used once SC is up again?  1.04 or 2? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 09:58:19 AM

Actually which is the correct version that should be used once SC is up again?  1.04 or 2? 

What do you mean by "once SC is up again"? SLC network is up at the moment. You can transfer and mine the coin right now.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 10:05:04 AM

What do you mean by "once SC is up again"? SLC network is up at the moment. You can transfer and mine the coin right now.

Isn't Coinhunter going to re-issue coins based on block 35,250?  Therefore, any trades after that block will be reversed?  I think that's what he means by "once SC is up again."

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 11:07:58 AM

Isn't Coinhunter going to re-issue coins based on block 35,250?  Therefore, any trades after that block will be reversed?  I think that's what he means by "once SC is up again."

Indeed. the "Shut down" such as it was, was purely voluntary. You are free to use 1.04 blockchain if you wish and always have been, but there are no exchanges set up to trade your coins on that chain so you will have a hard time doing anything with them. Also that chain has a very low hash rate and is vulnerable to 51% hashrate attacks and time travel attacks exactly the same as Bitcoin is, so I would not recommend using it with people like Dan threatening to attack it.

In 2.0 the chain is new and a completely different hash from the old chain, but if you held an address on 1.04 you will receive a balance of coins equal to what you had on the previous chain, so it is effectively a continuation of your Solidcoin balance from block 35250.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:00:06 PM

Indeed. the "Shut down" such as it was, was purely voluntary.

No, it wasn't voluntary.  It's already been addressed umpteen times that it was and is mandatory.  CH has threatened to 'no longer support' anyone who still uses the first chain, like SC24.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
penix

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:03:27 PM

Quit with this "voluntary" bullshit. No where in the shutdown post did it say it was voluntary. I asked on the Solidcoin forum for the v1.04 source to be released without license restriction, and my post was promptly deleted and my account banned.
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:30:25 PM

Is coinhuner's support a good thing now?

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:44:58 PM

is supporting  a man who costs people a ton of time and money to feed his pathetic ego, the right thing to do either?

no not coinhunter.. btcexpress.

Now their is a huge conflict on interest letting him stay on the forums as he develops his own coin while attacking the others.

How many times are we going to let him attack the largest best exchange for the alternative currencies?

mooo for rent
johnj

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:52:45 PM

is supporting  a man who costs people a ton of time and money to feed his pathetic ego, the right thing to do either?

Bwuahahaha.  That's classic.

Did they double-dose your kool-aid?

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 08:10:39 PM

johnj

do you think doubleC made money when his exchanges were closed down by bitcoin express?

do you have a comment with any content? we can go head to head if you can actually form a thought.

How about the people who had their coins locked away from them, so they couldnt trade? You know you can make more money trading than mining?

It isnt koolaid to recognize reality. besides go look for the thread who has a bigger ego bitcoinexpress or coinhunter... bitcoinexpress wins by a land slide, so more people agree with me.

besides he is planning to restart up his attack on namecoin and has threatened bitparking that he is going to take them down as well.

yeah koolaid man.

You might just want to actually look in your cup, as that isnt brew in there.

mooo for rent
johnj

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 08:36:20 PM

do you have a comment with any content? we can go head to head if you can actually form a thought.

1) Coinhunter made a chain, shut down the chain, made a new chain, pregened a million coins, and taxes miners. Sure does sound like the "stable" BTC alternative!
2) BitX has already said that wasn't him on your forums.  Sorry you got trolled so hard.
3) DoubleC is a grown person who understands the risks he takes.  Unlike other SC proponents who run to CH to be babysat. Gee, let me mine harder to pay back the stupid fucks who put all their SC/BTC in with a dude with no credibility. No no, I don't need any kool-aid too.
4) We went 'head to head'.  You already lost.

Thanks for playing.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 06:54:58 PM

what makes the whole saga even more funny is this: almost no one really has a problem with a solidcoin as a alternative coin.
 Most, except ~30 not so bright individuals who OD'd on freshly squeezed kool-aid, are having a problem with this retarded monkey who calls himself a "lead developer" of solidcoin - Coinhunter/RealSolid.
Remove this CoinHunter/Realsolid freakshow from the equation and you have a coin that can have a bright future.
Keep this mentally unstable joker around an you all get shafted sooner or ... no, wait...you already did get fucked! Solidcoin2 has a fucking tax!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 08:26:20 PM

what makes the whole saga even more funny is this: almost no one really has a problem with a solidcoin as a alternative coin.
 Most, except ~30 not so bright individuals who OD'd on freshly squeezed kool-aid, are having a problem with this retarded monkey who calls himself a "lead developer" of solidcoin - Coinhunter/RealSolid.
Remove this CoinHunter/Realsolid freakshow from the equation and you have a coin that can have a bright future.
Keep this mentally unstable joker around an you all get shafted sooner or ... no, wait...you already did get fucked! Solidcoin2 has a fucking tax!

Harshly put but absolutely correct.
Ten98

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 03:36:34 PM

The tax is the best part of Solidcoin 2.0, it goes to a community fund which will pay for projects to keep Solidcoin growing and growing. Deciding where the taxes get spent is the part that most SolidCoin users are excited about.

Whether or not you like RealSolid as a person, he's a skilled coder and seems to genuinely have the interests of the users of his coin at heart. Unlike the selfish motives of others who start coins purely so they can pre-mine at low difficulty at the beginning and keep the coins for themselves.
johnj

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 03:50:34 PM

The tax is the best part of Solidcoin 2.0, it goes to a community fund which will pay for projects to keep Solidcoin growing and growing. Deciding where the taxes get spent is the part that most SolidCoin users are excited about.

Hey, just because your sheep are excited to get sheared doesn't mean the guy with the clippers is doing them a favor Wink

Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 04:03:59 PM

Yes, clearly he has the interests of his users at heart.
That's why they get banned for posting questions.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 06:33:35 PM

Whether or not you like RealSolid as a person, he's a skilled coder and seems to genuinely have the interests of the users of his coin at heart. Unlike the selfish motives of others who start coins purely so they can pre-mine at low difficulty at the beginning and keep the coins for themselves.

There is so much stupidity in these two paragraphs, I'm not sure where to really start taking apart your logic, but I will say that if you think Realsolid is a skilled coder, you have obviously never met real skilled coders, and are in no position to judge one's technical abilities.
Ten98

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 08:54:27 AM

Haters gonna hate. 2.0 will prove you all wrong.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 01:54:45 PM

Haters gonna hate. 2.0 will prove you all wrong.

Powerful "Oh, Yeah!" battle cry strikes fear into the heart of villains.

penix

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 04:19:50 PM

This is an interesting idea, but ultimately flawed. It destroys the use of Solidcoin for small transactions. The same goes for a fixed rate transaction fee. These do not work in a deflationary environment. RealSolid claims that the fixed transaction is "floating", but this is a blatant lie. The fee is hard coded in the source. Another big problem is that there is no way to ensure that the tax will be used towards the interests of the users. RealSolid might just decide he wants to take the whole pie one day. The very aspect of a tax that goes to a specific set of individuals completely defeats the decentralized nature of the currency.

Whether or not you like RealSolid as a person, he's a skilled coder...

RealSolid has repeatedly demonstrated that he is not skilled at all. His first few releases were virtually untested and bug ridden. He implements large changes without serious thought or a test phase. He takes shortcuts in his code, and lies about its shortcomings. Solidcoin cannot be taken seriously with this kind of leadership.

...(Realsolid) seems to genuinely have the interests of the users of his coin at heart. Unlike the selfish motives of others who start coins purely so they can pre-mine at low difficulty at the beginning and keep the coins for themselves.

I believe that he has some interest of the users at heart, but I question how genuine it is, and how he will go about it. He also does not have the social skills required to get people behind him.

RealSolid is an egotistical and emotionally driven person. His sense of judgement and morals goes out the window when he is challenged. It is well known that I have been rude and critical to him both in the IRC channel, and the forum. I created the first SolidcoinFaucet. I was refused the bounty for the first faucet, and he never updated the website; instead he allowed other users to create faucets thinking they would be first and eligible for the bounty. RealSolid started stating that the shutdown of v1.04 was optional when I began questioning it. I stated in the forum that I wanted to opt to continue development of the old client, and asked that he release the source without any of his "special" license provisions. My post was promptly deleted, and my account banned.

Solidcoin v2.0 will be heavily premined, and will have a tax. If Solidcoin somehow really took off, I would not trust RealSolid to keep his hand out of the cookie jar.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: