Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:54:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
tomthgrk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:50:53 PM

FilipPro dissapeared?
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:34:03 PM

First of all I need to apologize to anyone about the negativity that has been going on about this slimefest!

Never before have I participated in a designing contest and I regret participating in this one.

For a designing contest to succeed a strict set of rules are required. These rules were clearly not defined for this contest. And things started falling apart rather quickly when Quarks value began to rise.

I've spent an insane amount of time to deliver all elements that FlipPro requested. Many times I've tried to persuade FlipPro and others to implement rules to make this contest as fair as possible, unfortunately without success!

To me this has been an extremely insulting experience! Nobody seemed to care about the actual work that was delivered.
It was fraudulent from the beginning and everyone knew. I started noticing the insane amount of new fake memberaccounts that were being created. This and all insulting and immoral posts in the voting thread made me decide to take control myself. I simply could not accept the idea of immoral shills taking over and winning this contest by simply generating most of the votes. I have been living with a split brain ever since!

During the week I encountered four timed voting attacks entering over 30 votes every 15 minutes. Each time I've let them do their thing for a few minutes before initiating a counter-attack with double the amount of votes they were entering. For each of the cheaters this had an obvious psychological effect: as soon as they realized they couldn't win they tried to make a deal between eachother (just read their posts). As soon as they realized it wasn't working they started throwing trash. But finally boxxl has exposed his true self!

Ultimist, barrysoetoro and boxxl in particular: I've all beaten you at your very own game!

--- No need to expose me and say I cheated, I did! And in a way I'm proud I did! ---

I've explained my intentions how I would like to proceed from here. I prefer not to have another contest. It simply will not work as it is now very colored! Instead, I would leave the community out of it and simply create a small team of talented individuals to form a branding team under control of the Quark foundation. Personally I would like to invite mjbmonetarymetals, leigrecc and quarkfx to participate.

These are the right people that can give Quark the quality branding it deserves!

I have no intention sharing my idea about the 120k bounty yet. If desireable I'll provide the details later.

It is up to FlipPro to decide what to do!

And for what it's worth: the video created by quarkfx supporting my logo DID have an impact! But obviously not measurable!

I've never read a more asinine pile of rubbish in my life.

So, you suspected cheating, and so you decided that more cheating was the way to deal with it?

Holy fuck, martijnp, talk about the epitome of hypocrisy. Let's hope that at some point you don't suspect someone of murdering people, and then decide to go around murdering people yourself in order to stop it. What lunacy! I've been called insane here, but this out-does even me!

I was getting legitimate votes. I started the offers to compromise when I was in the lead. I made that offer genuinely to give others a better shot of winning. My offer was rejected by both boxxl and barrysoetoro. I even went so far as to give FlipPro permission to disqualify me if I tried to opt out of the deal later, but no deal was ever made,

And if you will notice, as a part of my plan, I suggested a highly reduced amount of QRK as the prize. If I was cheating, that makes no sense. If I had cheated, why would I want to do all the work required to cheat, for a much smaller amount of quark?

Do I think other cheating besides martijnp's (now admitted) actually took place? Yes. I highly suspect both boxxl and barrysoetoro of having cheated.

But for the zillionth time, I was getting legitimate votes. Someone even posted proof of my extensive campaigning efforts, for goodness sake.

While you were making fake accounts, I guess, martijnp, barrysoetoro's and boxxl's votes continued to rise at alarming rates along with yours, but then you pulled ahead. I suspect they were doing it by hand while you must have come up with some kind of automated way to do it.

When I noticed this, I decided to stop campaigning, remove all the sticky threads I had on several forums, and ask people not to vote for me any further. I knew something was up and I wanted the real snakes in the grass to be revealed.

But the last person I ever suspected was you, martijnp. I defended you numerous times and endorsed your logo as the one I liked the best.

So you've pulled this, somehow deluded into thinking you were doing something moral and acceptable.

I was getting legitimate votes.  So basically you and the others have cheated me out of a win.

You need to understand, martijnp, that what you did was immoral, unfair, and unnecessary. You saw some rises in the votes and SUSPECTED cheating. Where is your evidence? Or are you going to tell us that you did this without any concrete evidence whatsoever?

I am overwhelmed with anger about this. I could have won legitimately. I suspected boxxl but I didn't have proof, and so I was only able to voice my concerns rather than take any actions on what I suspected.

martijnp, in your deluded crusade (or is that just an attempt to cover your cheating exposed by what boxxl posted?) you have cheated a legitimate winner out of the win.

If I had the ability, I'd probably come find you and knock your fucking teeth out.

Go ahead and try to spin your actions into some grand moral scheme to stop an evil contest full of villainy and treachery. Either way though, you robbed someone with legitimate votes of his ability to win.

Fuck you.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:46:44 PM

It takes a special kind of crazy for a person to think that cheating is a good way to complain about cheating. That's like beating someone because you're against violence. And you people thought I was nuts...

I'll have you know that if my intentions were to cheat in this contest, I would have won even if you had fake-voted 20,000 times. I never do anything half-assed. If I really wanted to win in a dishonest way, I would have done just that.

gjeric

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:46:58 PM

If I was FlipPro I'd split the prize to all participants in the pool.

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
Ultimist

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:56:56 PM

I simply could not accept the idea of immoral shills taking over and winning this contest by simply generating most of the votes.
Yet that's exactly what happened. Do you suffer from split personalities?

I've explained my intentions how I would like to proceed from here. I prefer not to have another contest.

Dude, you just admitted to cheating in this contest. I doubt anyone here gives a fuck about how an admitted cheater cares to proceed. You really have fallen off the deep end.

With all this morality you profess, do you think the desires of an admitted cheater should be entertained? You will come to realize, through your actions you've lost all credibility. Nice job.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:05:47 PM

I'd tend to agree with this. Except for martijnp of course. It wouldn't be right for an admitted cheater to receive anything out of this.

professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:20:40 PM

I'd tend to agree with this. Except for martijnp of course. It wouldn't be right for an admitted cheater to receive anything out of this.

He's hardly the only cheater. This whole thing has been a scam for days.

No matter what happens now, it's tainted.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
barrysoetoro

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:21:27 PM

+1
Ultimist

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:27:09 PM

He's hardly the only cheater.

The problem with your statement is that he is proven a cheater by his own admission. Other cheaters may exist but we have his own confession in his case.

I believe there are other cheaters as well, but without proof, so far marrtijnp is the only proven cheater here.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:58:46 PM

-_-
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:06:29 PM

Who controls the Quark Foundation? (I need to know right away)

I'm leaning towards giving the top 5 people a small conciliation prize, and donating the rest to the QRK foundation.

I am so disappointed at all the games that went down in this contest.

It shows that the QRK community is no more than a bunch of children who would rather steal from each other than reach a positive point of consensus.

Everyone who participated in this poll and maliciously altered the results need to take a LONG hard look in the mirror and ask themselves, "Am I the problem"?

It starts with the individual, I hear a lot of people in here complaining that I didn't set "enough rules".

How would more rules help when we have people who are inherently immoral and will actively do anything to bypass whatever controls are set in place? This was supposed to be a friendly community event, and I guess the price rise turned it into a vicious free for all.

I obviously cannot payout Martijnp in full as he has admitted to cheating, but obviously he's not the only one in these rankings…. Starting the contest over is an option, but I would rather pay the top 5 and get this thing over with already….  
gjeric

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:09:48 PM

Don't do that and just give prize to top 5 cheaters -.-

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:15:42 PM

Then? Do we just donate it all to the Quark foundation?

These "cheaters" all put in effort at the end of the day, (some of them actually have some awesome designs).

I don't wish to strip people from their efforts, but a punishment is certainly in order.
tomthgrk

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:19:11 PM

Choose one of the top 5 (the logo you like more) and give to him 60k.
Give the other 60k to the other 4.
It seems to be fair.

I am sorry for my poor English..
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:27:29 PM

Hm, I must say that I didn´t expect that turn. Personally I don´t believe that one fraudulent behaviour legitimates the other, but while I don´t want to gloss-over what martijn did, professorY is right, we musn´t forget that he wasn´t the only one and certainly not the first to make this contest an unfair challenge.

I think we should reconsider what happened in this contest. At the beginning there were motivated designer who wanted to contribute to the community. Some of them invested a lot of time to invent something smart and beautiful. I guess - at least that´s what I would have done if I had been a participant - most of you didn´t do it for the money only but also because they felt inspired by the idea to create something for the community. The way the contest was carried out brought anger and mistrust into the community.

In my opinion, this shouldn´t be the moment to blame others but to look forward. 120.000 Quarks aren´t worth ANYTHING with a fighting community.

We can figure out a way that is fair and acceptable, but we need to stop looking backwards and start to work together.
gjeric

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:27:38 PM

Then? Do we just donate it all to the Quark foundation?

These "cheaters" all put in effort at the end of the day, (some of them actually have some awesome designs).

I don't wish to strip people from their efforts, but a punishment is certainly in order.

I have also put an effort to design, but am not in top 5.

You said you want to do something good for Quark. Split the prize and everyone will be happy.

Forget about the this pool. Let people that made logos post their wallets.

JamesZ

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:28:45 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 12:01:12 AM by JamesZ

Quark Foundation

I have send you a PM, with my gmail.
I'm James founder of the Foundation.

James-Z

Edit: You can also pm/mail Max Guevara, he will be able to tell you what my private gmail is.
tomthgrk

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:34:03 PM

I found a foundation before 5 minutes. will you give me the prize? I will do something good for the community  Grin
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:40:57 PM

Who controls the Quark Foundation? (I need to know right away)

I'm leaning towards giving the top 5 people a small conciliation prize, and donating the rest to the QRK foundation.

I am so disappointed at all the games that went down in this contest.

It shows that the QRK community is no more than a bunch of children who would rather steal from each other than reach a positive point of consensus.

Everyone who participated in this poll and maliciously altered the results need to take a LONG hard look in the mirror and ask themselves, "Am I the problem"?

It starts with the individual, I hear a lot of people in here complaining that I didn't set "enough rules".

How would more rules help when we have people who are inherently immoral and will actively do anything to bypass whatever controls are set in place? This was supposed to be a friendly community event, and I guess the price rise turned it into a vicious free for all.

I obviously cannot payout Martijnp in full as he has admitted to cheating, but obviously he's not the only one in these rankings…. Starting the contest over is an option, but I would rather pay the top 5 and get this thing over with already….  

Flip, to say that the contest should have carried out differently, is not to say that you did everything wrong and by doing so caused this mess. I guess, most of you didn´t think what 120.000 could cause when you started the contest. Whatever happened is partwise human and would have happened in other communities as well. Also, there has been a development: I guess some people felt cheated and then started cheating. I certainly don´t want to excuse this behaviour, but I´d say unfortunate things combined and turned into a huge mess. Not all cheated and not all cheaters had the same reasons to do so. I can understand your frustration but in my opinion we shouldn´t be harsh towards the community as a whole.

professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:05:15 AM

Wow, never seen a more retarded contest. I'm never touching QRK again...

How 1 guy organises a contest doesn't have anything to do with Quark as a Crypto its self.

Of course it does. It's all perception. Just like you claimed Kolin's ranting had no effect on Quark. It clearly did, and so will this.

It's too bad. Quark had a ton of potential.

Honestly, I'll be extremely surprised if Quark is still around a year from now. The community just can't get its act together without self-destructing.

Are you blind? Quarks infrastructure and community has only progressed. You must be very short sighted.

Keep telling yourself that. See where it is in a year.

I'm not telling myself these are facts. People said the same about BTC and LTC. These kind of butthurt comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not 'butthurt' about anything. I made considerably more money this year trading alt coins than I did at my full time job (and I make an above-average salary), and Quark was a not insignificant part of that. But I got out when it was time to get out. Quark had all the potential in the world back in December but the community dropped the ball by infighting too much and wasting time and resources and now that chance is gone. The momentum simply got wasted. It happens.

It happens in all currencies, it shouldn't stop them from evolving. Also Quark had many butthurt people who missed the boat. Altough i believe it is much stronger than before with a much more solid infrastructure and community. You talk negative because you probably don't own any or just a little.

So, Netnox...remind me again about that "solid community".

If anyone was on the fence about whether or not Quark was destroying itself from the inside out, this thread is your answer. Wow.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: