Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:22:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: saw this on reddit awhile back and i agree  (Read 1097 times)
mskryxz (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:31:06 PM

There is me. Every two weeks, I get some compensation for the work I do. This is deposited into my bank.
There is me, who was fed the penny dream of follow the beaten path. There is me, who has fallen that same beaten path that has angered our forefathers of 60s and 70s counterculture. Of their fathers who were made to go to war. There is also me, in an era of information and processing speeds that has elaborated on a growing disillusionment sentiment within people’s culture. The internet has allowed for education en masse, of exponential degree. The general sentiment are the banks are crooks, but none of my fathers can or will do anything about it. I will not follow in that chained-elephant syndrome. I have in front of me a protocol that has made media giants quiver and better themselves, and allowed me access to any good I desire within a day. I for one, love Amazon.
Doesn’t it feel shitty, that the only way I get access to Amazon is by using the shitty services of Banking crooks? Why? Why are they there as the middleman? Aren’t these the same scumbags, who, throughout history, have been hated?
There is me. Every week I take a minimum out of my paycheck and buy bitcoin with it. It is a fuck you to those crooks and robbers who would middle themselves to feed on my hard earned work. If I want netflix, and Amazon, and internet, or phone, why am I dealing with those crooks, who have shown themselves to be a necessary evil?
It is a fuck you to anyone who tells me how my work, my time, and my being is taxed. It is a fuck you to everything that has been wrong with the world, because even if it’s not the banks fault, I just want to say fuck you. Saying fuck you, and repeatedly, has turned out well for me.
Now, I ask you, how many do you think are like me, and keep buying BTC, no matter what, with their paychecks week to week, because there’s nothing worth more than those fuck yous over the years? I mean sure, taking a fraction of a giant fuck you in April for a great night out on new years smooths things out, but how many do you think wouldn’t sell those fuck yous for $1000? for $10000? How soon do you think until everyone realizes the power of their ability to say fuck you, and they all start to chant?
I love BTC for everything it stands for.

+1
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:41:28 PM

That's fantastic but it has nothing to do with speculation.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:50:06 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 10:00:22 PM by MatTheCat

Amazon?

Three strikes and your out Amazon!?

• Two minutes late from your tea-break!
  • 1 pallet box short of your weekly processing target! (We dont give a fuck that the delivery truck was late)
  • One day off sick due to contracting bubonic plague!

That is three strikes motherfucker!

Clear your fucking locker and go and join the dole queue you peon son of a bitch!

HA!

Can't feed or clothe your kids now eh? That'll teach you not to give 100% slave for Amazon.

Yay...use Bitcoin to buy piles and piles of fucking crap on Amazon! That wat Ah call 'stickin it to Tha Man'

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:51:16 PM

I don't have to access the services of the crooks to buy stuff on Amazon. Only Bitpay does, and Gyft when they receive the money, and Amazon when they receive the money from Gyft. But I do not have to, and that is one step in the right direction. One step where fiat is removed from the equation.  Cool

It may not be perfect, but it's better than fiat-all-the-way. The tu quoque-ers out there can STFU with their fallacious "it's not bitcoin end-to-end therefore not perfect" crap.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: