Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:56:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultracoin discussion  (Read 6256 times)
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:17:25 PM

Yea, great comparison, Bitcoin and UTC. I completely see the comparison.

Sorry, known shady people involved (Koolio), censorship in their thread against negative comments, custom pool software (why?), and many other questionable things. That on top of the fact that this isn't a coin that adds anything. I wonder at what point people stop chasing the next bitcoin and realize how stupid they are for investing in these obvious attempts to get-rich-quick by Devs.

I don't fault them for doing it, I fault them for not being honest about it. That's what drives me to call them out. When noobs start standing up to scams, we'll have a much better future.

go read the updated post from bumface on the front page...the people not being honest are the trolls. every coin that comes out now is a scam apparently. every release ive tried to mine has had this group of people yelling scam, and its funny because when i first started any coins i got scared off of at first, ended up blowing up and i could have made much more profit, but i bailed because of these trolls yelling scam. wait in a few months and see how much money you could have made if you hold these early coins and ill laugh at you
and the point is, new technology takes time. satoshi also had to update his client many times to fix bugs and what not, and i know it doesnt compare in scale, but new developers trying to learn/utilise this new technology, how else are they going to do this??? its trial and error.
the pools are different because its scrypt-jane, this isnt just the easiest thing to do to make a new coin and have it work out perfectly at launch people, especially with the crowds these coins attract now. its much more chaotic today than even 3 months ago with coin releases
Eugen3

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:27:02 PM

Yea, great comparison, Bitcoin and UTC. I completely see the comparison.

Sorry, known shady people involved (Koolio), censorship in their thread against negative comments, custom pool software (why?), and many other questionable things. That on top of the fact that this isn't a coin that adds anything. I wonder at what point people stop chasing the next bitcoin and realize how stupid they are for investing in these obvious attempts to get-rich-quick by Devs.

I don't fault them for doing it, I fault them for not being honest about it. That's what drives me to call them out. When noobs start standing up to scams, we'll have a much better future.

You give bumface no credit for being honest about many of your listed complaints, right from the very beginning.  Yes, bumface was totally honest.  The first troll comment that I read of yours said "It's on... blah blah blah", signalling that you intend to remain as biased as possible against UTC, no matter what.  It doesn't make sense to hold a bitchy grudge against UTC due to your personal dramatic escapade with koolio, either.  You aren't some sort of internet superhero trying to save the world from holding an opinion different than your own, because nobody gives a fuck about your opinion.  At least when they know the truth about what brought you to hold said opinion.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:35:51 PM

I did indeed give Bumface credit, as I thought he was better than this. In fact he himself called out Koolio many times in the past on BTC-e.

I also told Bumface it was on when he deleted my comments, as this isn't BTC-e, most people don't take kindly to a new coin not being able to stand up to negative comments. Comments get sorted out by those that read them, and ignored when thought to be lies.

Why can't Bumface stick up for his coin without deleting comments? But thanks for pointing out the backstory, as you are one of Koolio's only "defenders" in BTC-e. What's your stake? Smiley

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Eugen3

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:50:20 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 12:20:32 AM by Eugen3

Defender?  No, I just am tired of watching you bring up your grudge with a persona in regards to the launch of a blockchain.

I bought 20K UTC at IPO and will buy another 20K when there is some volume on the exchanges.  I actually think one of UTC's selling points is that people like yourself with massive GPU farms can't easily control the market on these altcoin launches.  Hey wait a minute... maybe that is why you are relentless in your campaign against UTC....
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:14:08 PM

I did indeed give Bumface credit, as I thought he was better than this. In fact he himself called out Koolio many times in the past on BTC-e.

I also told Bumface it was on when he deleted my comments, as this isn't BTC-e, most people don't take kindly to a new coin not being able to stand up to negative comments. Comments get sorted out by those that read them, and ignored when thought to be lies.

Why can't Bumface stick up for his coin without deleting comments? But thanks for pointing out the backstory, as you are one of Koolio's only "defenders" in BTC-e. What's your stake? Smiley

Defender?  No, I just am tired of watching you bring up your grudge with a persona in regards to the launch of a blockchain.

I bought 20K UTC at IPO and will buy another 20K when there is some volume on the exchanges.  Feel free to keep your eye on my wallet, as they will all be listed for public view.  I actually think one of UTC's selling points is that people like yourself with massive GPU farms can't easily control the market on these altcoin launches.  Hey wait a minute... maybe that is why you are relentless in your campaign against UTC....

I think I was quite clear with my issues with this coin, only one of which had to do with the shady chat mod who lies about 90% of the things he posts, and constantly conflicts his own postings because he lacks the intelligence to realize how clear his motives are. Can you tell I don't like him? I tend to not let go of attacking clearly deceptive people.

Thanks for clearing up your motives for defending the coin. Are you jealous of big miners? I wouldn't redirect miners to mine this coin if somebody paid me. Let's talk in 6 months about this coin, I'll be happy to be proven wrong, as things will shake out by then. Time is my biggest defender my friend..

Eugen3

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:20:35 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 09:49:24 PM by Eugen3

I am not really jealous of big miners, besides the obvious envy when I look at my small operation, but I wouldn't take it as far as you are.  I totally understand your motives now that I have connected the dots....

I actually think one of UTC's selling points is that people like yourself with massive GPU farms can't easily control the market on these altcoin launches.  Hey wait a minute... maybe that is why you are relentless in your campaign against UTC....
HappyLizard

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:56:12 AM

Ultrascam!
SxC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:48:35 AM

Haters gotta hate

He who laugh's last laugh's longest

Eugen3

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:03:20 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 12:21:54 AM by Eugen3

So atomicchaos just deleted a comment he made from the UTC ANN thread.  To keep the spirit of this thread alive, I figured it would be of some value to post it here.  It went like this:

Quote from: atomicchaos
I was answering your question to the best of my ability.  I figured it had to be some chat room moderator, somewhere, that is causing you to feel that way about minepools.us .  It is not like you add anything else to the discussion going on here.

Sorry, I didn't mean to distract you. You're very cute in the cheerleader outfit!

I am currently hanging out in #minepool on freenode and I have just confirmed that degenorate is a chatroom op there who is helping UTC in some fashion.  WTF atomicchaos, get your sock puppets in there!  Chatroom mods have no place in supporting altcoins.

Maybe I'll drop in to say hi to thefat... Haven't had bot warz in a long time. I'm in the market for an Iphone, do you ship quickly? I like retired hack0rs, they amuse me..

Now what is so funny about his frantic comment is that he literally read through all of my trollboxarchive comments in an attempt to dig up some damning evidence linking me to BTC-e chat room moderators.  How?  Who knows.  But when he came up empty handed, he had no other choice but to pull snippets of info from comments I have made and try to present them in a strange way.  I don't know if he was trying to scare me or embarrass me for making a living off of Apple products but one thing is certain, this guy is obsessive about trying to present UTC in a bad light and anyone who supports it.  He didn't find what he was looking for, so he improvised and tried to make it personal.

I am a UTC stakeholder for reasons I have made perfectly clear.  I like all the aspects of the coin (fast block, ASIC resistant, PoS hybrid) and the founder is a nice guy who is showing passion for the project.  I am not dumping my stake, either.  I intend to double my stake when a larger market for it develops.  Perhaps the reason atomicchaos is getting desperate in his attempts to discredit of UTC is because he is realizing he made a mistake in judging Ultracoin.

Only time will tell.  I think it is time for UTC!

Last1212

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:47:35 AM

Bump. Just want people to read this thread before buying UTC.

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
Del137

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:22:23 AM

I share your opinion. Cryptocurrency had to be respected and fair to use on long term perspective and most "shortcuts" with wrong mining settings, closed pools and with sudden "closing exchanges" because of hacker  Wink - hard to proof and beleive...

Last1212 could you plz share opinion  what coins worth to respect?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
The Koolio

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:23:29 AM

LOL you make me laugh atomicchaos.... you think you know me.... you dont. I laugh at your pathetic being. I dont even need to argue or justify anything, Ill just laugh at your pathetic ways.... hahahahaha

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:38:21 AM

LOL you make me laugh atomicchaos.... you think you know me.... you dont. I laugh at your pathetic being. I dont even need to argue or justify anything, Ill just laugh at your pathetic ways.... hahahahaha

I know you better than you know yourself, we both know this. I think you actually try and believe what you attempt to portray.

DavidHi5

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:16:46 AM

This seemed like a scam from the get go. First thing I say about UTC was when someone posted a thread on reddit looking to rent mining hardware because he had access to the Ultracoin premine. It was sketchy to say the least, and I hope that nobody fell for it. Even if he was just looking to scam people, and was completely unrelated to the coin itself, it left a sour taste in my mouth.
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:31:37 AM

All I can say...I was amped to get in on this coin. Two official pools were to be set-up on thurs? before the launch. Pools never set-up. Launch came and people were frantically trying to solo mine it with a special miner released that day. Most could not. Pools were selling invites. It was a mess. I can't say that they were scamming and I don't really believe they are, however, that doesn't make the painfully botched 'fair launch' any better. I felt that fair implied an equal opportunity for all to begin at the same time, but in this case it did not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: