Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will direct peer-to-peer transactions be possible in future?  (Read 345 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:50:54 PM

It is already possible to send bitcoins peer-to-peer. You can send money to friends and relatives in the form of bitcoins but an exchange will always be needed to buy and sell bitcoins because it ensures trust between two parties.

So I'm just wondering if bitcoin or cryptocurrency should be the future form of our money and it will continue to the future because it has a threat to the banks or it will be stopped again by our own governments of the world just like they stopped the developement of electric cars back when it was first introduced in the market because it was a threat for the oil companies?

You cannot stop progress. Electric cars are simply uncompetitive with the regular ones so far (let's be honest here). If they were real competition, no oil cartel or whatever would be able to stop them. Regarding cryptocurrencies, we already have "direct" peer-to-peer transactions (for the record, peer-to-peer transactions are direct by definition). All we need is a universal acceptance of cryptocurrencies (at least, major ones like Bitcoin) as a means of payment. Then you would not need to convert your coins into fiat to buy a cup of tea, for example. In that case exchanges will be there only for speculators and their likes.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:02:12 PM

As for the title, Direct peer-to-peer transactions are possible. And a third party isn't always needed to sell Bitcoin. There are decentralized exchanges and in personal Local Bitcoin trades.

So I'm just wondering if bitcoin or cryptocurrency should be the future form of our money and it will continue to the future because it has a threat to the banks or it will be stopped again by our own governments of the world just like they stopped the developement of electric cars back when it was first introduced in the market because it was a threat for the oil companies?

Bitcoin is a threat and it always has been a threat to them. They already know this. The thing is, they cant stop Bitcoin. Because of its decentralized nature, it is extremely difficult to stop it. Even if they make laws against it, it would be extremely difficult to enforce those laws due to the anonymous and peer to peer nature of the network. Bitcoin truly is an elegant and beautiful solution/alternative to the fiat system.

yes I'm agree with this that maybe peer to peer transaction will happen in the future and second that we can see that market that there are market that decentralized so we not using 3rd party market, but we can directly send to the other address directly

RebekittaH

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:10:39 PM

Yes it will be possible in the near future, the technology has just been introduced and its in its early stages, there is still large room for development and im certain that with time a lot of changes are going to come trough in the platform. With lots of dedication and consistency, this technology will take over the world in the coming years
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 05:29:55 AM

From my perspective i think peer to peer transaction will occur in near future. We also see some peoples are doing this like they purchase bitcoin and paying the money by using ATM and they also purchase their glossary and necessary products by using bitcoin.
DannyMarco

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:06:46 AM

The answer will be yes but it will take few time and then we can make ore transaction direct and no third party will be needed.
cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:35:56 AM

It is already possible to send bitcoins peer-to-peer. You can send money to friends and relatives in the form of bitcoins but an exchange will always be needed to buy and sell bitcoins because it ensures trust between two parties.

That's the main vision of bitcoin is to make the worlds Per to per transaction but there's so many obstacles that needed to overcome by bitcoin so we just wait for  the good development because everyday the price of bitcoin become lower of course many people are disappointed and discourage about their investment it was sad and always in a difficult situation.   
fenzbob

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:55:22 AM

very likely because in the future blockchain will be widely used
sandialoveth

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:33:50 PM

Based on this it may be possible because the world is moving forward the tech based on this crypto currency make our life more easy also this will helpful for us by the way this is possible in btc based on this types of transaction can possible.
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:49:47 PM

Yes this is obviously possible to make a transaction direct from peer to peer. It is already can be done as you mentioned. But to make a sell or buy there should be a transaction to authenticate the process or assuring the transparency.
StuartJonson

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:49:48 PM

Obviously it can be possible, even it has been possible already to fo direct peer to peer transactions. Money can be sent from one party to another in the form of bitcoin.
sunlitit654

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:13:05 PM

Well, Bitcoin is always being a threat to the local banks. Cryptocurrency runs on a decentralized system. They provide more facilities and the local banks are always afraid that someday the may replace them cryptocurrency.
Lamisa asfiya

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:33:21 PM

I think Direct peer-to-peer transactions can be possible. People will enjoy this transaction well so that the third party is edited. I believe security will take some time to happen, but it will happen that it is real. It is already recognized in a few countries due to bitcoin is very profitable, and it keeps getting more popular.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:22:39 AM

There are millions of advantages of bitcoin and of which there is peer to peer transactions that enables customers to have very safe and confidential transactions and I even don’t think that the future of bitcoin is in risk or not because already countries has started using bitcoin and there are countries who has legalised crypto currency. Though no one can predict the future but I can definitely say that our future with bitcoin is confirmed.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:27:23 AM

if more and more bitcoins are received and crypto makes it easier for the public to work on this transaction it will happen because if it is any easier why we are even wearing a more rumist like conventional currency and this could be a catastrophe for banks and conventional currencies.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:38:07 PM

Well, Bitcoin is always being a threat to the local banks. Cryptocurrency runs on a decentralized system. They provide more facilities and the local banks are always afraid that someday the may replace them cryptocurrency.

People seem to be massively exaggerating the fear that banks allegedly feel toward Bitcoin and friends. Banks had been there for a couple hundred years before fiat ran wild and governments went nuts with printing money. Banks will have to adapt, and indeed some of them will fail to do so. But it is going to happen anyway as it happens every day today without cryptocurrencies around. Even the biggest banks are not safe as the history of Lehman Brothers proves without doubt. Before it filed for bankruptcy in 2008, it was the fourth-largest investment bank in the United States. And note, its bankruptcy had nothing to do with cryptocurrencies at all.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

I can say that anything is possible as long as there is a technological need and the equipment to do so. I can see that with the cryptocurrency there is a lot of advancement in our infrastructure and equipments before it can truly advance. But I still do think that given time, given the growth required for it to blossom that it can develop into something more. When it grows it can lead to a much better future and this is provided if we can garner enough demand for this.

MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:52:09 AM

yes.. it is possible.
EddyCC

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:53:05 AM

Isn't it happening already? That's what we always try to achieve with every blockchain product
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:15:10 AM

Wasn't bitcoin designed to allow for peer-to-pear transactions. This is just one of the many benefits of blockchain technology. Another reason why we will see more of it in the future. Most of the news now talk about AI and virtual reality being huge and mainstream in the near future. Of course, virtual currencies will follow.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:14:21 AM

I am believe that in the future when technology adapted by most peoples, we transaction just using our cellphone with internet. Its already happen in china, many peoples using their smartphone to transaction with others and buying good in merchant
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: