Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:09:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Whales are playing a dangerous game  (Read 545 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:52:56 AM

SEC is just trying to pretend they are relevant and create an illusion of their power. otherwise this market was not created yesterday. it has been around for 9 years and the manipulation existed ever since exchanges started showing up. they never cared to do anything about it so far.
not to mention that bitcoin doesn't belong to SEC or even US for that matter. they have no power to do anything at all.

Only Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 04:56:48 AM

I don't know that this is really happening lol. Stockmarket manipulation is really not illegal in my opinion tho we hate the idea because it sounds really unfair. But that is just how the crypto stocks really works. Tho i am not sure if they can really put them in jail

I doubt that this whales could go to jail even though what they are doing is not good for all of us. There is no law that prohibits them for  doing so. After all, it still their crypto and can do what ever they want do with it.

SEC is just trying to pretend they are relevant and create an illusion of their power. otherwise this market was not created yesterday. it has been around for 9 years and the manipulation existed ever since exchanges started showing up. they never cared to do anything about it so far.
not to mention that bitcoin doesn't belong to SEC or even US for that matter. they have no power to do anything at all.

Now it gives me an idea that decentralization can really oppressed centralzed institutions because of people's choice. What you've said is totally true, yes they can investigate and knew who were the whales but they can't take further actions.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Dansamiv

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:01:58 AM

market is deformed. That is what I see by the fast fluctuations. But it may not be a whale's game. Because they may not be able to win. Or am I thinking, who has the confidence to do it? Maybe we need more time to identify.
The Whales could possibly destroy BTC!

BTC Whales control one third of BTC

The Good news is the SEC are investigating Whales for market manipulation.

If the Justice department can link a whale to a futures position that was say SHORT and then find out the Whale dumped a mother load of BTC on the market it will be jail time for those involved.

The SEC are watching these Whales so they would want to be careful!

In my opinion the whales are running scared and that is why the market is in the doldrums.

ETH whales are also being watched carefully!

https://steemit.com/crypto/@greenlife500eu/bitcoin-whales-and-how-they-control-the-market
If they are really in the process, the big fluctuation of the market will not stop. If the whale moved short in the past few days, that might be what I was thinking.
Pursuer
Legendary

Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:13:32 AM

Now it gives me an idea that decentralization can really oppressed centralzed institutions because of people's choice. What you've said is totally true, yes they can investigate and knew who were the whales but they can't take further actions.

it is not about just finding the whales though. finding them is the easy part, a whale is someone who has a large amount of money or bitcoin, that's it you just check their balances on exchanges and you find them. the hard part is to figure out whether there actually was a manipulation or not and the even harder part is to prove that which is nearly impossible to do.

Only Bitcoin
SistaFista

Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:30:40 PM

If the Justice department can link a whale to a futures position that was say SHORT and then find out the Whale dumped a mother load of BTC on the market it will be jail time for those involved.

In my opinion the whales are running scared and that is why the market is in the doldrums.

https://steemit.com/crypto/@greenlife500eu/bitcoin-whales-and-how-they-control-the-market

SEC is working good, recently they announce that btc or eth is not a security coin.
Whales are often to manipulate the market price indeed, if SEC can control the whales, i think there won't be market manipulation in the future.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:39:00 PM

What an improvement on the side of SEC who doesn’t even bother taking this action on stock exchange. I’m done with this government diversion of blaming cryptocurrency investors on manipulation that they doesn’t have the skin to do it in the real world.

All mouths and less work that’s always the case and might be just for self interest or BS.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

They can manipulate the market without a doubt but they can not kill Bitcoin. Sooner or later it will surely recover if they think about fleeing the picture. They can not completely destroy Bitcoin until and unless they have one hundred percent of whatever Bitcoin has been mined. Bitcoin is highly decentralized and if according to the SEC poster watches whether it means that Bitcoin is no longer decentralized
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:47:05 PM

I believed that there is always a big whales on any kind of investments in which it is normal that there is conspiracy and manipulation of the price in the market specially in Crypto currencies investments because of their huge resources but still i believed that they can't destroy Bitcoin because not all conspirators and big whales are united in which this will always depend on who got in first. All we need to do is to ride on their games so that like them we could earn a lot.
yuukireit

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:47:18 PM

i think that was not a matter, market is a free place to doing a trade even doing with a manipulation trick, but how to survive in this
BTC are dangerous because no one control it not like ETH even have a decentralized system but have a high holder as an company who make it and they will keeping the market save because if they let it happen can make their broken them self
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 12:52:08 PM

How could SEC investigate a world problem? Each country has this kind of department which is called as SEC that stands for Security and Exchange Commission i think this problem is huge and could not be stopped that easily. And people in this world of cryptocurrency are unknown and it so hard to identify and that is one of the problem here in cryptocurrency if you will going to look for an individual holding that amount of crypto.
indayburakday012

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:54:16 PM

Yeah these whales or group of investors are actually so greedy that they don't mind consuming peoples money just for them to earn more. This is one of the biggest problems now faced by cryptocurrency. I hope that it could be addressed and given a remedy in order to let the market price for bitcoin and other crypto to grow as what happen in the last few years of its existence.
jamesashmore1964 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:11:27 PM

How could SEC investigate a world problem? Each country has this kind of department which is called as SEC that stands for Security and Exchange Commission i think this problem is huge and could not be stopped that easily. And people in this world of cryptocurrency are unknown and it so hard to identify and that is one of the problem here in cryptocurrency if you will going to look for an individual holding that amount of crypto.

If what they did had a bad effect on US citizens they could be answerable under US jurisdiction!
Anniee123

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:23:02 PM

I also think they're shivering in the corner now, because if the SEC asks the exchanges for data, they'll soon reveal their real identities.
And manipulating the market is a shameful thing to do.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
nicolaz.zhu

Activity: 469
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:40:27 PM

hopefully the problem with the market manipulation can be resolved soon, because this is very detrimental to bitcoin players, they get a big profit while we get a loss, very unfair!
blingow

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:44:34 PM

Yeah the manipulation is all for selfish reasons, but they don't realise that they could jeapordise everything, and once that happens then they could lose all the wealth that they worked so hard sabotaging for
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:45:05 PM

If SEC can able to control whales then that could be a great contribution for crypto world by sec. Because of SEC already I am having enough losses in centra and other some coins . Now if SEC can able to trace these whales then that could be greatest thing for me personally. Recent London survey also stated eth more decentrelised than bitcoin.
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

I do agree that the whales are playing a dangerous game but I don't think the SEC can do anything about it
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:08:51 PM

If SEC can able to control whales then that could be a great contribution for crypto world by sec. Because of SEC already I am having enough losses in centra and other some coins . Now if SEC can able to trace these whales then that could be greatest thing for me personally. Recent London survey also stated eth more decentrelised than bitcoin.

Well it still won't get you your money back, i'm in the same boat  Cry
THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:13:26 PM

Well, not exactly, but they have a big part of power on the market ...

On the other hand, this will change soon
billsted86

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:58:03 AM

Really whale was always a dangerous game. Although Bitcoin is traded internationally and I do not think that the SEC will be able to control all businesses globally. However, good side effects from whales will be beneficial for everyone and Bitcoin prices will increase, which will make extra money for everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: