Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 545 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining  (Read 750498 times)
mattboldfield

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:41:30 PM

You only just realized its a scam, lol
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheCleanGame

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:44:36 PM

I've been in chat for over a month now and talked with Admin quite a bit... I'll take a stab at your questions. Smiley

I'm invested to the tune of ~ 700 KHS but I am still skeptical of the whole operation.

Call it me doing my due diligence and here are some questions that are running through my mind:

Who are these people? An open and transparent company would provide a public face
How can we be sure it is not all a ruse where the data is being faked by a script and a Ponzi is being played out?
They're a company in Curitiba Brazil named MKT Tecnologia da Informação.  All paperwork filed, all taxes paid.
Admin is often in chat and has been extremely open about everything.  I have yet to ask them a question that they were cagey or that seemed a doge in any way.

We hear that there is a 'ghost' miner pumping out 200 mhs each on 3 coins simultaneously but where is the proof that this is true and it is 'them'?
Check the coin chains... I was on doge when they started messing with doge.  Admin will tell you in chat which coins are being mined and you can check on the http://scrypt.cc/status.php page for miner status.  The coins are not named the actual names for profit reasons but the data is there.
They don't hide anything.  Keep in mind though... the coin being currently mined can change every minute, so the info Admin gives you is good for that minute.

What sort of oversight/auditing by a third party is in place to verify all claims by the site spokesman?
Ummm... None?  Do you know of any third party oversight/auditing companies in Brazil that handle this kind of thing?  Admin has stated they would be only too happy to give tours and/or a meeting.

I'm not a spokesperson btw... I'm a guy that lives in the mountains with very few income opportunities.  I've seen the value of this and am working on bringing it to other people for referral rewards.  I'm supposed to start working for them today though.  I applied for a job last week after spending over a month in chat helping people.  I start today some time. Smiley  Have I supplied useful information for you?  Please help out by using my referral link to open a free account to check out the site. Smiley  Scrypt.CC?ref=baagt  (I'm only going to be working 4hrs a day for them)

We have had pseudo promises made and not kept with such things as pics of data center, being able to choose which coins to mine, mine with own rig, and new front end; yet none delivered.
Admin suffers a common flaw... enthusiasm and not being a coder.  hehehe Smiley  The pics of the data center was explained as a business decision and I agree.  They stated that they took pics and then realized that the place looked like a mess.  A hashing techno-geeks wet dream, yes... but an non-tech investors worst nightmare.  So... they've spent time making things look neat and proper and took more photos.  Those photos are going up when the advertising goes up.

Scrypt.cc?ref=baagt got more traffic for the beta than they wanted.  Not posting pics has helped keep some of the crowds away, making the changes to the site easier to handle.  Me? I'm all for keeping people away as long as possible. LOL Loving the cheap khs!

I am hoping that it is legit but too many red flags say otherwise at this stage.
Compared to any other 'cloud' type company out there?  This place is a trust palace. LOL  Definitely shy away from mining CONTRACTS... ouch!

As an investor I am entitled to ask these questions. I will not go RAH RAH RAH like others in this thread and be a cheer leader for this service until it can prove itself. Only a fool would throw big cash at this right now.
Ask away... I see you haven't been in chat and talked with Admin about any of it.  Kinda rude to come straight to some forum... but hey Smiley  Everyone's different.  And usually... admin is hard to get in contact with in chat or otherwise.  Admin comes on every day and there will be more admin when beta is over at other times of the day.

You should only invest as much as you're comfortable losing in ANY investment.  This is no different. Smiley

This forum has a lot of established credible people in it. It would be ideal if a team of them could verify this entire operation. I for one would chip in some btc to help finance their trip.
Admin would LOVE to have that happen...

Anyone?  Hell, I'd love to take a trip there myself. LOL  I only get to telecommute. Sad

Referral link at bottom if you are so inclined but I do not endorse it at this stage.

Well, I definitely endorse it and wouldn't refer people if I didn't.  I've put a lot of personal time into helping out people with questions so that my own referrals would be able to get onboard easily and feel comfortable about it.  Watching a referral sign up... then within a day add khs to their account is cool.  Watching them dump another 20-90% in within a week is just Awesome! Smiley

Open a free account Scrypt.CC?ref=baagt and come on by.  The new face isn't on yet, ddos is still messing with chat but everything else works great.  Chat over at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#scrypt.cc and a bunch of us will be happy to help out. Smiley

Keep it Clean! Cheesy

NO CONTRACT Mining shares, Multi-Scrypt Coin Mining. Scrypt.CC?ref=baagt (been banned from pm/posts, just to let you know)
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:45:44 PM

I'm invested to the tune of ~ 700 KHS but I am still skeptical of the whole operation.

Call it me doing my due diligence and here are some questions that are running through my mind:

Who are these people? An open and transparent company would provide a public face
How can we be sure it is not all a ruse where the data is being faked by a script and a Ponzi is being played out?

We hear that there is a 'ghost' miner pumping out 200 mhs each on 3 coins simultaneously but where is the proof that this is true and it is 'them'?

What sort of oversight/auditing by a third party is in place to verify all claims by the site spokesman?

We have had pseudo promises made and not kept with such things as pics of data center, being able to choose which coins to mine, mine with own rig, and new front end; yet none delivered.

I am hoping that it is legit but too many red flags say otherwise at this stage.

As an investor I am entitled to ask these questions. I will not go RAH RAH RAH like others in this thread and be a cheer leader for this service until it can prove itself. Only a fool would throw big cash at this right now.

This forum has a lot of established credible people in it. It would be ideal if a team of them could verify this entire operation. I for one would chip in some btc to help finance their trip.

Referral link at bottom if you are so inclined but I do not endorse it at this stage.

Well, I guess your approach currently is the right one. I can't vouch for scrypt.cc not to be a scam, but on the other hand, missing out on anything with this great potential is not good either. And let's face it, timing is perfect. You can wait for decent scrypt asics to boost services like this, but what if you can start today and take the edge already?! You'll be riding the first wave and be miles ahead of any competition. So yeah, maybe don't toss loads of BTC into it just yet, but do invest an amount of "learningmoney" that you can miss, and at least get to know the site and how it handles and performs and build up trust. If good times come around the corner you'll be there already at least. I stepped in with a few BTC as my learningmoney. And now I'm just reinvesting my daily gains.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:51:59 PM

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baaBp

Sign up under me, send me a pm, and I will send you a script that automatically reinvests your profits into kh/s every ten minutes at the cheapest sell price.
rafaLon

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:45:07 PM

Sign up under me, send me a pm, and I will send you a script that automatically reinvests your profits into kh/s every ten minutes at the cheapest sell price.

That's very generous of you, but the script is here for free, it was made by Ampbuster:

https://scrypt.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16

And it won't be necessary in a day or two, the new web is going to have the auto reinvest feature included.

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baayd
TheCleanGame

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:08:25 AM

Nice Catch Raf! Smiley

Looks like no new website today.  I'm really looking forward to that re-invest feature. Smiley

Site has been under extreme ddos all day and haven't seen Admin yet.  I know they were up pretty late last night... heh. Smiley

Remember, as always, it's free to set up an account.  Scrypt.cc?ref=baagt  Referrals have been slow due to not being able to access the site a couple times and the chat duplicates messages.  Smiley  Profits keep rolling in, actually up a bit today regardless of the ddos. Smiley

Getting more and more peeps hanging out in the webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#scrypt.cc Smiley  Lot of friendly faces.  Couple of us have started hitting the free hourly poker tourney for 100 chips at bcpoker.eu. lol  Fun stuff for free. Smiley

Funny... most of us are just finding it annoying at not being able to chat well, seeing the profits every 10 minutes is just amazing.

Gotta run, couple things to do before the next free poker round. lol

Keep it Clean! Cheesy

NO CONTRACT Mining shares, Multi-Scrypt Coin Mining. Scrypt.CC?ref=baagt (been banned from pm/posts, just to let you know)
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:42:05 AM

That's very generous of you, but the script is here for free, it was made by Ampbuster:

https://scrypt.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16

And it won't be necessary in a day or two, the new web is going to have the auto reinvest feature included.

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baayd

Wow...didn't know that.  Ok well, looking forward to the new feature!  Thanks for the heads up.
TheCleanGame

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:03:41 AM

What Scrypt-coin they mine over there? any info?
why you must buy KH/S with BTC not THE same coin that being mined ?
What pool this service use?
 Smiley
any one care to add any information ?
You really need to read more closely... all this has been posted before.  Smiley

The software is set up for over 40 scrypt coins right now.  Ask Admin any time they're on and they'll tell you what coins are currently being mined.  They don't post the information because it affects profitability.

Well, look at it from a logical standpoint... to accept any coin... you have to set up an on-site exchange for each and every coin.  Right now they're focused on changing the website interface over to the new design.  That and handling ddos attacks.

The service doesn't use anyone's pools, they use their own pools.  Scrypt.cc doesn't rely on just the hashing power for them alone... there are 2 more datacenters of hashing power that are operating on the same pools.

Keep it Clean! Cheesy

FarmerKaine

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:31:20 AM

WARNING

You *could* sign up, and you *could* deposit and start getting 10 minute payouts...  that part all works fine and well. 

However, if you try to withdraw your money, prepare for it not to work, and then for DAYS of tickets being ignored, and some fool in their chat room (15 people strong, haha) that just keeps yelling, "It's beta, it is what it is!"... 

This has the stench of Gox all over it.

Do what you want, but this is from my experience with the site.
TheCleanGame

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:43:34 AM

Thanks for posting your most recent experience.

There are a BUNCH of btc sites having both deposit and withdrawl issues.  If you haven't noticed... blockchain has been down for 2 days.

I too noticed there are a couple tickets that haven't been cleared from my account the last 2 days.  Considering they planned on a few hundred beta testers and there are now thousands or us there... it's not surprising that Admin is overwhelmed.

Add into the mix the massive ddos issues and the delays to the new site design... well, I can understand.

You jumped into chat, voiced your complaint, haven't talked to admin and feel you know the situation enough write things like your post here?  mmmmm Ok.  When your issue wasn't resolved in 5 minutes you proceeded to spew immature garbage like you've posted here.  Mmmm... again, your choice.

Ask anyone who's been hanging out in chat or had problems in the last couple weeks and their experience has been quite the opposite of yours.  Thanks for coming by.

Keep it Clean! Cheesy

WARNING

You *could* sign up, and you *could* deposit and start getting 10 minute payouts...  that part all works fine and well. 

However, if you try to withdraw your money, prepare for it not to work, and then for DAYS of tickets being ignored, and some fool in their chat room (15 people strong, haha) that just keeps yelling, "It's beta, it is what it is!"... 

FarmerKaine

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:44:06 AM

I'm sitting in chat right now with another user who had all of his kh/s taken out of his account.  His account was compromised perhaps?  Maybe...  but in the transaction history you get this lovely line:

DateBTC Amount
2014-03-16 16:33:010.54489550
2014-02-26 19:07:010.38478910

Literally, that's all.  No transaction info, no blockchain address, no link to see your confirmations.  There's literally NO way to audit this information unless you want to roll the dice and hope that the admin will miraculously appear and answer the questions...  But he won't.  

It's a 1 man shop - running from a substandard non-DDoS protected shared server farm in Brazil.  They were DDoS'd for a couple days...  yeah, a couple days, with no response to any of it.  But the admin had the time to get online and play some BTC poker!  

It's ridiculous.

It's a scam.

I should have seen it from the beginning.

I hope none of you make this same mistake.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:44:27 AM

WARNING

Many people have made withdraws.   During the US day there are typically 50+ people in the chat room.   15 people sounds like you must be in Europe.   They are located in Brazil, but I haven't had problems getting support.  (I'm in Japan)   However, I've been using Scrypt.cc since early Feb.   It sounds like they have been overwhelmed by a flood of new users.  

Also I believe they use the blockchain.info API.  They seem to be having major problems.  
FarmerKaine

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:50:22 AM

FYI, "TheCleanGame" is the turd in chat that just says "Deal with it", so take his answers with a grain of salt.

Also, I'm in Ohio...  ...

Are you going to sit there and say that the site is transparent enough to trust your money with?  It's so opaque, it's damn near white.  There's no transparency to be seen.  The singular admin decides to just ignore requests as he wishes...  which is his human right, but not the sign of a reputable business owner. 

Face it, Gox users didn't feel it was a scam until it was.  Some people knew though...because they saw the writing on the wall. 

I see the writing - I'm posting about it - YMMV, and do what you wish, but this is my experience...and I see it happening more and more as the scam gets unveiled.
dyask

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:55:57 AM

FYI, "TheCleanGame" is the turd in chat that just says "Deal with it", so take his answers with a grain of salt.

Also, I'm in Ohio...  ...

Are you going to sit there and say that the site is transparent enough to trust your money with?  It's so opaque, it's damn near white.  There's no transparency to be seen.  The singular admin decides to just ignore requests as he wishes...  which is his human right, but not the sign of a reputable business owner. 

Face it, Gox users didn't feel it was a scam until it was.  Some people knew though...because they saw the writing on the wall. 

I see the writing - I'm posting about it - YMMV, and do what you wish, but this is my experience...and I see it happening more and more as the scam gets unveiled.

I've had many conversations with the Admin that speaks English.  There are more but they don't speak English.    My experience just hasn't been similar to what you describe.   
gurryomg

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:57:27 AM

I wil go to mining.
TheCleanGame

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:07:30 PM

I'm sitting in chat right now with another user who had all of his kh/s taken out of his account.  His account was compromised perhaps?  Maybe...  but in the transaction history you get this lovely line:

DateBTC Amount

Literally, that's all.  No transaction info, no blockchain address, no link to see your confirmations.  There's literally NO way to audit this information unless you want to roll the dice and hope that the admin will miraculously appear and answer the questions...  But he won't.  

Were the site hacked... the btc/khs would have been gone, most likely with no withdrawl notice or anything.

The user mentioned their e-mail provider sent them a notice their email had suspicious login activity.  Accounts on Scrypt.CC have TWO e-mail addresses that are locked.  Withdrawls require clicking on the confirmation link in BOTH e-mails.
Did this user use the same name/password for both e-mail addresses?

As for transaction information... yes, it's a beta site and all that info is on the new site.  Admin has not had problems 'finding' stuck transactions and sending them through.  Sorry you haven't been around to witness that on a regular basis.

Anyone not wishing to participate in a BETA program can wait for the site to go live when these issues are resolved.

Thanks! Smiley

Keep it Clean! Cheesy
p.s.  Anyone else find it odd that Farmer is pretty much the ONLY person acting this maturely?

dyask

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:17:34 PM

The user mentioned their e-mail provider sent them a notice their email had suspicious login activity.  Accounts on Scrypt.CC have TWO e-mail addresses that are locked.  Withdrawls require clicking on the confirmation link in BOTH e-mails.

You have to setup and lock the emails.   The only other user we heard of that had a problem used only one email and didn't lock it.   It is also possible they disabled their PIN.   The security is limited but some don't even make use of what there is.
dyask

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:21:32 PM

DateBTC Amount

It's a 1 man shop - running from a substandard non-DDoS protected shared server farm in Brazil.  They were DDoS'd for a couple days...  yeah, a couple days, with no response to any of it.  But the admin had the time to get online and play some BTC poker!  

It's ridiculous.

It's a scam.

I should have seen it from the beginning.

I hope none of you make this same mistake.

First off, I haven't had any issue with watching my transactions on the blockchain, but with blockchain.info down that isn't so easy.  Second they have implemented CloudFlare which many BTC sites use for the DDOS protection.   

I can't prove it isn't a scam, but it doesn't seem like one to me. 
FarmerKaine

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:22:40 PM

DateBTC Amount

Were the site hacked... the btc/khs would have been gone, most likely with no withdrawl notice or anything.

As for transaction information... yes, it's a beta site and all that info is on the new site.  Admin has not had problems 'finding' stuck transactions and sending them through.  Sorry you haven't been around to witness that on a regular basis.

Anyone not wishing to participate in a BETA program can wait for the site to go live when these issues are resolved.

Thanks! Smiley

Keep it Clean! Cheesy
p.s.  Anyone else find it odd that Farmer is pretty much the ONLY person acting this maturely?

I'm trying to warn people before they have their money locked in a system that may turn out to be a scam as has been expressed by virtually every comment on here.  It's a very non-transparent, suspiciously acting admin staff, running a site that is so basic, it's possible that it was created from some bootstrap template on a free site creation page.  

Hell I dunno what the issues are...  and I don't really need a solution.  All I need is a simple "response".

Have I been marching around saying that I want the Admin to come on and magically fix my issue?  What I care about is I'm now on my 3rd day, and not even a single response to any of my tickets...and you, TCG, said yourself that he was online last night and you were playing poker with him.  So he's got plenty of time to play, and no time to even say "Sorry, running behind on responses".  You said that you're now "working for them" in chat yesterday.  

You should know the basics of a ticketing system.  I have submitted 4 tickets in 3 days.  Haven't gotten a response to any of them, and don't give me the DDoS crap.  I have run a Minecraft server farm for 2 years.  I have an average of 600-1000 people online at any given time.  I get ticket requests through the game, and through my forum site...  I answer every one within 8-12 hours.  When the site was drawing less traffic, I handled each one within 2-4 hours.  

BETA:

I know what Beta is.  Minecraft itself is pretty much a perpetual BETA.  Every release that comes out, I have to update my Craftbukkit instances, deal with server crashes, and keep 600-1000 people online at once.  Of my total playerbase of over 50,000, there are some that are unhappy with the BETA state of minecraft...but NEVER would they be unhappy with my response time to their messages and requests.

Customer service is what keeps business...  It's not what wins business.  Slick ideas wins business.  Customer service keeps it.

Scrypt.cc will continue to get users, and will continue to lose users for the reasons in the statement above.

Why are you defending a site/admin that refuses to answer his customer's inquiries?  Defend the idea of the site, that's fine, but I'm not attacking that...  I'm attacking the integrity of the one man show behind thissite, and unless he comes out from behind the curtain, I will assume SCAM.  Prove me wrong, I'll be glad you did...  but until then, this site is NOT worth the trouble.
dyask

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:40:51 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 01:12:34 PM by dyask

FarmerKaine - Now that the Admin is online you should get your withdraws done and go.  You really aren't cut out for this.    I hope it works out better for you elsewhere.    Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 545 »
  Print  

Jump to: