Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A warning about Solidcoin for newer users [UPDATED]  (Read 3972 times)
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:47:59 PM

The entire community was behind it. It's either that, BitcoinEx's attack.

More propeganda. Infact, SolidCoin24 (the last SC exchange now?) wanted to let it's customers decide which fork to support.  RealSolid threatened to remove SC24 from the main website if SC24 didn't comply.

"The entire community"?  There was a 5hr notice.  For a project that is supposed to be global, how is 5hrs enough time to poll "the entire community"?

So the statement "The entire community was behind it " is blatantly false.

Interesting how most SC supporters think they can speak 'for the entire community'.  Only if it's ruled with an iron fist.

+1 I saw this too. How do you explain this "solidcoin supporter"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:50:09 PM

The entire community was behind it. It's either that, BitcoinEx's attack.

More propeganda. Infact, SolidCoin24 (the last SC exchange now?) wanted to let it's customers decide which fork to support.  RealSolid threatened to remove SC24 from the main website if SC24 didn't comply.

"The entire community"?  There was a 5hr notice.  For a project that is supposed to be global, how is 5hrs enough time to poll "the entire community"?

So the statement "The entire community was behind it " is blatantly false.

Interesting how most SC supporters think they can speak 'for the entire community'.  Only if it's rule with an iron fist.

So let BitcoinX attack, steal everyone's money, and have the PR mess be even 10x worse huh? He was in emergency mode as far as I am concerned, and as a Solidcoin holder I and many others supported the move... And judging by the graphs I posted, there has been little resistance from the community.

Even after he has touted how great solidcoin is and safe and secure it is?

That is BS. You are starting to believe your own misinformation as well as his.

EDIT: Why would the mainstream or anyone with a head on their shoulders invest into something that is so vulnerable to attacks, needs constant updates band-aids, and shuts down on a whim when the first mere threat of an attack come to pass.

What happens the next time another attack threat should surface? Restart block chain? Fork chain? Shutdown?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:53:07 PM

So let BitcoinX attack, steal everyone's money, and have the PR mess be even 10x worse huh? He was in emergency mode as far as I am concerned, and as a Solidcoin holder a guy which bite CH Scam and now seek to pass the losses over to other's I and many others supported the move... And judging by the graphs I posted, there has been little resistance from the community.

Fix'd  Cool

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:55:25 PM

So let BitcoinX attack, steal everyone's money, and have the PR mess be even 10x worse huh? He was in emergency mode as far as I am concerned, and as a Solidcoin holder a guy which bite CH Scam and now seek to pass the losses over to other's I and many others supported the move... And judging by the graphs I posted, there has been little resistance from the community.

Fix'd  Cool
I want alt currency's to have a future so people can have choice and true freedom.

EDIT: I have lost MUCH MORE with Bitcoin than I ever did with Solidcoin just to let you know.  Wink
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:55:42 PM

Yes funny as hell these fools still think they are going to get rich with their wagon hitched to that idiots train.

It might be preferable that they continue to support Solidcoin, lest they be mistaken by others for Bitcoin supporters.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:56:27 PM

Yes funny as hell these fools still think they are going to get rich with their wagon hitched to that idiots train.

It might be preferable that they continue to support Solidcoin, lest they be mistaken by others for Bitcoin supporters.
I think I am more of a Bitcoin supporter than 90% of the people in this thread. Please...
johnj (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:58:00 PM

I think I am more of a Bitcoin supporter than 90% of the people in this thread. Please...

You support a decentralized currency?

Kinda hard to tell.

Just sayin.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:59:15 PM

You hide it well.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:59:59 PM

You support a decentralized currency?

Kinda hard to tell.

Just sayin.
I support all cryptographic currency's. We should of had at-least 10 by now all with their different traits, ideology's, rules, and protections, and let them duke it all out in a totally free market. That is my dream, it's a shame however that people are on here wasting time flaming each-other instead of working on development of new currency's...
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:03:42 PM

You hide it well.
Oh really, that's why if you go to TweetForum, and you start posting, I pay you in BITCOINS just to hear your opinions. Yeah that's 0.25 BTC per 100 posts. I hide it "so well" that many of my members are now earning Bitcoins just for talking about Bitcoins.

That's not all I am doing that is Bitcoin related at the moment, I have several projects I am working on, with the latest one I just finished called http://bitcoincloset.com . I am a die-hard Bitcoin supported, and I can assure you that the majority of people in this thread have done way less for Bitcoin than I have...
johnj (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:06:52 PM

I support all cryptographic currency's. We should of had at-least 10 by now all with their different traits, ideology's, rules, and protections, and let them duke it all out in a totally free market. That is my dream, it's a shame however that people are on here wasting time flaming each-other instead of working development of new currency's...

Really?

Coinhunter is one of the biggest promoters of flaming and falsehoods.

But if you want to help, great!  Maybe you can bend CH's ear and get him to support this as well.

The SolidCoin community can start by publicly denouncing CH's "Bitcoin to Collapse" propaganda.  You know, the lie he paid bounties for people to spread.

I'm waiting  Wink

Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:29:02 PM

Anyone notice how when the info pushes SC supporters into a corner they turn a deaf ear? Just look at this thread and see how often FlipPro chooses not to respond.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:34:12 PM

You hide it well.
Oh really, that's why if you go to TweetForum, and you start posting, I pay you in BITCOINS just to hear your opinions. Yeah that's 0.25 BTC per 100 posts. I hide it "so well" that many of my members are now earning Bitcoins just for talking about Bitcoins.

That's not all I am doing that is Bitcoin related at the moment, I have several projects I am working on, with the latest one I just finished called http://bitcoincloset.com . I am a die-hard Bitcoin supported, and I can assure you that the majority of people in this thread have done way less for Bitcoin than I have...

You pay people to post on forums and you sell T-shirts. I am sure everyone is very grateful for your efforts in these areas.
In threads about forum threads and in threads about clothing threads we will respect your experience in these areas.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:57:22 PM

You hide it well.

You pay people to post on forums and you sell T-shirts. I am sure everyone is very grateful for your efforts in these areas.
In threads about forum threads and in threads about clothing threads we will respect your experience in these areas.

As I said I have many projects currently in development(including a multi-payment currency exchange system). What do YOU do, other than accuse people of fallacy's you yourself are responsible for.  
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:17:39 PM

The entire community was behind it.

Maybe I should rephrase the statement, and say the VAST majority of the community signed off. There is about 4gh's (4x6990s) at the moment mining, and these people have already been told those coins are irrelevant and won't be counted by anyone in the community.

I am not sure if "behind it" and "signed off" are the same things.  I think the VAST remainder of the supporting community realized how terribly such a potentially good chain was managed.  I for one didn't give up on SC because of it's flaws.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:36:12 PM

You hide it well.

As I said I have many projects currently in development(including a multi-payment currency exchange system). What do YOU do, other than accuse people of fallacy's you yourself are responsible for.  

Right now I am pointing out the failures of Solidcoin's development community. I am glad you brought up fallacies though, are you familiar with Ad Hominem? I don't care what you have done, what you are doing, what you will do, who you will do it with or who you will let watch because it excites you. When you post something that is demonstrably false, what you have done in the past and what I have done in the past has no relevance to whether or not your post was incorrect. 

Perhaps one of your projects will yield fruit one day, but astroturfer and t-shirt salesman probably should not have been your first claims to fame. Wink

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:48:17 PM

Due to an alleged successful attack on his testnet, CoinHunter shut down his chain, halting transactions for all SolidCoin users.

total lie being spread by a hacker who attacked this entire community. He never shut town the testnet as solidcoin DID NOT EVEN HAVE ONE.

perhaps you should learn some facts before spreading fud.

Some of the other things you said are true, about a CPF and such, but this is a coin going in a differnet

Anyone notice how when the info pushes SC supporters into a corner they turn a deaf ear? [/quote

anyone notice when trolls are shown much of their info is total bullshit, they ignore you and start a new thread using the same bullshit info?

EDIT: Why would the mainstream or anyone with a head on their shoulders invest into something that is so vulnerable to attacks, needs constant updates band-aids, and shuts down on a whim when the first mere threat of an attack come to pass.

you mean lke all the exchanges for all the coins?.. oh wait you only want us to bash solidcoin.

SO you suggest that when a flaw is found WHICH CAME FROM THE BTC SOURCE BTW, that the developers should jsut say "fuck it" and let people lose money and get hacked by bitcoin express? REALLY and you think that would impress busineses?

Newbies.. yes their is contravercy, but really look through a bunch of threads, and see if it sounds like childish histrionics or actual complaints about the currency. 'm not going to claim there are not valid complaints, THERE ARE. There are valid complaints about each and ever coin, including BTC, but 90% of the shit here is reposted over and over and over and over and over again, but the same people.. it makes you wonder if they are actually trying to inform or to destroy.

make up your own mind, you dont know me for shit, you dont know them for shit, but I'm betting you can smell bullshit when you see it as well.

mooo for rent
johnj (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 01:46:08 AM

Added to main post:  Take it how you will

ohforf

Activity: 327

we are legion

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:55:40 AM

You forgot that CH arbitrarily inserted 1K phoony blocks between block 29000 and 30000, allegedly "to pay bounties" (to himself I guess... sort of "Solicoin God's wage").

Do you have any evidence for this Claim ? Blockexplorer link ?
Also, please explain how its possible to insert a "bounty" into a live Blockchain,
because i would like to give a little Bounty to myself.  Grin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:57:37 AM

One person cant "shut the network down". Unless they get the agreement of the community there is very little they can do.

I havent seen the open source sc shutting down have you ?

What is their take on it ? Will they continue with the old broken version after everyone leaves ?

We will see once the new client is brought out exactly what the real support is.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: