Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:01:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING!! BEWARE S11 SCAM Email!!  (Read 1379 times)
BenRickert (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:08:30 PM

That's SO SO bad... in SO many levels!!!! It's unbelievable!!!!! Shocked Angry The email I received was from Bitmain's official email!!!! It's very very easy to fall in this fraud (even for experienced miners)!!! I feel SO bad for the people who fell in that shit.............. Cry
The way it was done, Bitmain is guilty and must take the consequences for it. It's not fair that people suffer such astronomical damage as that. No doubt that Bitmain has responsibility for what happened...
How is this Bitmain's fault? I don't agree with everything they do but I've dealt with them extensively for a while and I have always been treated well by them. They are not the Villains people would like to portray them as. In the end we are all responsible for our decisions. Can't blame others. Life's not fair. Never was and never will be. This is a very difficult space to navigate in. It's new and there are no rules. We ALL have the ultimate responsibility to protect ourselves and others when we can, but in the end, WE are responsible. That's why I made this thread. To hopefully save a few people. Truth is, people get greedy and make bad decisions clouded by greed. On BOTH sides of the fence. Just be vigilant and don't lose your discipline. SCAMS are getting MORE and MORE sophisticated because there is a LOT of money at stake. Look at this ASICminer.com scam that is going on. I don't think that's even a real company. Yet they have videos and websites and idiots putting phony reviews on YouTube. The less people that fall for this shit the less these maggots will gain. Be careful and be VIGILANT.

No man, you didn't understand... how many times have you received an email from a BIG company (from their REAL servers), but was actually a fraud? If that were common and "acceptable", the email would have been extinguished a long time ago... The problem is not the email as vulnerable technology... many serious huge companies work every day with much more important data and money by email with their customers and partners. The problem is the lack of security on Bitmain servers! That's why Bitmain is guilty for that. If you had received an email from Nvidia's OFFICIAL email for example, with all your REAL data (including your address!!!) offering some kind of discount and you were fooled by it (again... coming from the OFFICIAL email with your REAL data)... the reason for this would have been purely a security breach of Nvidia and you can be sure that if you proved to have made the payment, they would take some action to reimburse you and everyone who was harmed. Any serious company would do that. If the email had been sent from another server, not from Bitmain's email server, then you would be right... But is NOT the case!
It was NOT sent from Bitmain's Server. The Emails just had the NAME of the Bitmain address masked onto the title. If it really was Bitmain's server you could reply to the email. You could not reply to these emails.  This happens constantly with other "large companies". We get scam-mail from PayPal, Amazon, Apple, Google email look a likes, ALL THE TIME. It's the way of the World my friend. Never underestimate how big of pieces of shit human beings are. Always have been and always will be.

Yes... we agree on parts and I know that phishing emails happens all the time. But I've never seen anything like that... I never received a fraudulent email with the sender showing up as 'contact@paypal.com' or 'noreply@paypal.com'... is always 'contact@playpal.com', 'roreply@pay-pal.com' or something like that... AND what we can't ignore is that the email contained our confidential data which only Bitmain should know... which makes the situation even more serious and worrying. I recommend that everyone at least active the 2-factor authenticator and change the password on Bitmain site asap.
Bitmain has been telling us to do that for almost a year. Just to be fair. really, in any secure environment....why would you NOT?

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:14:40 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 01:01:38 AM by SplinterZalinsk

That's SO SO bad... in SO many levels!!!! It's unbelievable!!!!! Shocked Angry The email I received was from Bitmain's official email!!!! It's very very easy to fall in this fraud (even for experienced miners)!!! I feel SO bad for the people who fell in that shit.............. Cry
The way it was done, Bitmain is guilty and must take the consequences for it. It's not fair that people suffer such astronomical damage as that. No doubt that Bitmain has responsibility for what happened...
How is this Bitmain's fault? I don't agree with everything they do but I've dealt with them extensively for a while and I have always been treated well by them. They are not the Villains people would like to portray them as. In the end we are all responsible for our decisions. Can't blame others. Life's not fair. Never was and never will be. This is a very difficult space to navigate in. It's new and there are no rules. We ALL have the ultimate responsibility to protect ourselves and others when we can, but in the end, WE are responsible. That's why I made this thread. To hopefully save a few people. Truth is, people get greedy and make bad decisions clouded by greed. On BOTH sides of the fence. Just be vigilant and don't lose your discipline. SCAMS are getting MORE and MORE sophisticated because there is a LOT of money at stake. Look at this ASICminer.com scam that is going on. I don't think that's even a real company. Yet they have videos and websites and idiots putting phony reviews on YouTube. The less people that fall for this shit the less these maggots will gain. Be careful and be VIGILANT.

No man, you didn't understand... how many times have you received an email from a BIG company (from their REAL servers), but was actually a fraud? If that were common and "acceptable", the email would have been extinguished a long time ago... The problem is not the email as vulnerable technology... many serious huge companies work every day with much more important data and money by email with their customers and partners. The problem is the lack of security on Bitmain servers! That's why Bitmain is guilty for that. If you had received an email from Nvidia's OFFICIAL email for example, with all your REAL data (including your address!!!) offering some kind of discount and you were fooled by it (again... coming from the OFFICIAL email with your REAL data)... the reason for this would have been purely a security breach of Nvidia and you can be sure that if you proved to have made the payment, they would take some action to reimburse you and everyone who was harmed. Any serious company would do that. If the email had been sent from another server, not from Bitmain's email server, then you would be right... But is NOT the case!
It was NOT sent from Bitmain's Server. The Emails just had the NAME of the Bitmain address masked onto the title. If it really was Bitmain's server you could reply to the email. You could not reply to these emails.  This happens constantly with other "large companies". We get scam-mail from PayPal, Amazon, Apple, Google email look a likes, ALL THE TIME. It's the way of the World my friend. Never underestimate how big of pieces of shit human beings are. Always have been and always will be.

Yes... we agree on parts and I know that phishing emails happens all the time. But I've never seen anything like that... I never received a fraudulent email with the sender showing up as 'contact@paypal.com' or 'noreply@paypal.com'... is always 'contact@playpal.com', 'roreply@pay-pal.com' or something like that... AND what we can't ignore is that the email contained our confidential data which only Bitmain should know... which makes the situation even more serious and worrying. I recommend that everyone at least active the 2-factor authenticator and change the password on Bitmain site asap.
Bitmain has been telling us to do that for almost a year. Just to be fair. really, in any secure environment....why would you NOT?

Absolutely... I've changed my password several times. Change your password again even if you changed it less than 1 month ago and be aware that if you have a Bitmain account, your data can easily leak at any time.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

Yes... we agree on parts and I know that phishing emails happens all the time. But I've never seen anything like that... I never received a fraudulent email with the sender showing up as 'contact@paypal.com' or 'noreply@paypal.com'... is always 'contact@playpal.com', 'roreply@pay-pal.com' or something like that...

In last email from the real Bitmain they wrote:

​There are many different types of software that are able to spoof and edit the sender's email address. The user is able to configure the domain name to send out emails to appear as webmaster@bitmaintech.com.

These scammers act very "professionally"  Angry
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:16:26 AM

I also received such a letter from Bittman. But I haven't received any emails from scammers. I don't think there are. This is a disguised PR campaign from Bittman. Nobody saw the scammers but everyone knows that Bittman plans to release S10 and S11. Good idea. Bravo Bittman.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:25:44 AM

Its come to the point you cant trust an email from anyone. Any of your contacts can be spoofed, the only way to find out the truth is to reply to the email, to see where it goes. This can be done with phone numbers too.

cuteman

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:29:45 AM

Nobody saw the scammers
Sure nobody sees scammers, usually.  Cheesy   But bitcoin address to which they ask to send money - is rising collecting bitcoins every day.

shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:13:34 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 04:35:42 AM by shaninium

New scam is the antminer e9+ same sort of emails like the s11. Sent from
info@bitmainstech.com instead of bitmaintech.com

Dear ---

Limited time offer for registered users!

We are proud and happy to announce Antminer E9+ (2970 MH +-5%)  Presale!

Also, as we promised, 200 $ coupon will be activated for each Antminer E9+ purchased.

Shipping date estimated:

First 1000 Antminers E9+ purchased will be shipped on July 09-13.
Second 5000 Antminers E9+ purchased will be shipped on August 27-31.

Don’t miss opportunity to get your Antminer E9+ first!

Presale expiry date is 23:59:59, 22th, June, 2018 (Beijing time, GMT+8).

Please find additional information about our offer in PDF file attached.

BenRickert (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:01:45 PM

New scam is the antminer e9+ same sort of emails like the s11. Sent from
info@bitmainstech.com instead of bitmaintech.com

Dear ---

Limited time offer for registered users!

We are proud and happy to announce Antminer E9+ (2970 MH +-5%)  Presale!

Also, as we promised, 200 $ coupon will be activated for each Antminer E9+ purchased.

Shipping date estimated:

Don’t miss opportunity to get your Antminer E9+ first!

Presale expiry date is 23:59:59, 22th, June, 2018 (Beijing time, GMT+8).

I got this as well. Again, they had my old address. So however they got the mailing list....it is not up to date.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:47:06 AM

Ya... E9+ scam that I received was from webmaster@bitmain(s)tech.com... now is a "common" phishing scam... but with our real data again! Angry

cuteman

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:59:59 PM

Ya... E9+ scam that I received was from webmaster@bitmain(s)tech.com... now is a "common" phishing scam... but with our real data again! Angry

Received it as well.  This is the same data they got from the previous attack which Bitmain informed about last autumn, I am sure, as they have still same incorrect data from me, for example.
Coffee135

Merit: 137

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:26:36 PM

Can be Bittman himself involved in this newsletter? You rule out that possibility? Not me. Perhaps this is a creative way of advertising. I don't think that's the worst deception from Bittman. It seems to me that they took part in the attack 51% and they are exactly after the preliminary sale of asics include them in the work and increase the complexity of the networks. Such actions have caused damage to all customers who can not refuse to pre-purchase.
cuteman

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:38:40 PM

Can be Bittman himself involved in this newsletter? You rule out that possibility? Not me. Perhaps this is a creative way of advertising. I don't think that's the worst deception from Bittman. It seems to me that they took part in the attack 51% and they are exactly after the preliminary sale of asics include them in the work and increase the complexity of the networks. Such actions have caused damage to all customers who can not refuse to pre-purchase.
Seems to be quite unlikely. Bitmain earned 4 billions(!) USD in profit last year, and they don't need to be connected to this scam, which can ruine the reputatinon.
cuteman

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:45:35 PM

Arrived another email from scammers!  Angry Angry

Last chance, Antminer E9+ (2970 MH +-5%)  Presale!
We are proud and happy to announce World's best ROI for any miner!

Shipping date estimated:

Don't miss opportunity to get your Antminer E9+ first!

Presale expiry date is 23:59:59, 03 July 2018 (Beijing time, GMT+8).

------------

please note incorrect email address - letter "s"  inside  Bitmain's domain:     presale@bitmainstech.com
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:44:09 AM

Arrived another email from scammers!  Angry Angry

Last chance, Antminer E9+ (2970 MH +-5%)  Presale!
We are proud and happy to announce World's best ROI for any miner!

Shipping date estimated:

Don't miss opportunity to get your Antminer E9+ first!

Presale expiry date is 23:59:59, 03 July 2018 (Beijing time, GMT+8).

------------

please note incorrect email address - letter "s"  inside  Bitmain's domain:     presale@bitmainstech.com

Some unsual move is bitmain never send an invoice before you PAID IN FULL.

cuteman

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:48:27 AM

Some unsual move is bitmain never send an invoice before you PAID IN FULL.

Sure, and they send it only after purchase on their website is done. 
cuteman

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:49:37 AM

By the way,  scammers managed to collect 1.719 BTC to address they put on invoice:    1FAGtHGWxyxUFvijY5WoZ6NtEUTuR2x4Yj  
and 46.15 Litecoins (LRTa5TeUwv5Hhxgm2WTeYaeidL4atK9PEd)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: