Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we reach Market Capitalisation of $20 Trillion ?  (Read 166 times)
Daseento (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:37:17 PM

According to Billionaire Mike novogratz, not only would Bitcoin recover from its present downward trend but he is forecasting a 20 fold increase in cryptocurrency market capitalisation. Figures shows that the highest market capitalisation ever witnessed was $900B, it would therefore take nearly a 20 times increase to attain the forecasted $20 trillion.

In my opinion, I think it's possible considering the fact that we only have about 7 to 11 crypto users presently and adoption rate is still minimal. With mainstream adoption, then $20 should be possible. This is just my opinion, please feel free to share yours?

Can we reach a $20 trillion market cap by 2028 ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:52:48 PM

Easily, and I think it'll happen much sooner than that. Bitcoin's halving schedule tends to accelerate the speculative mania as people realize how impossible it will soon be to accumulate even 1 BTC. The next halving will be in 2020.

At current levels, we are ~38% from the ATH. That's the equivalent of ~ $450 in 2016. From that level, we rose ~43x to the last ATH in December 2017.

So from a logarithmic perspective, and with Bitcoin's huge historic bubbles in mind, $20 trillion is possible. By my fuzzy math, that's about 49x from the current global market cap.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:16:21 PM

Retail bubbles will soon look like peanuts when institutions create their crypto bubbles. I think that the input of retailers will hold importance for a few more years before it's largely done and over.

The only thing that I can see happen is that utility platforms will significantly contribute to that market cap when we are 5-10 years away from now. The further we go in time, the more advanced the usage becomes.

Ethereum is such a utility platform, but I don't think it will manage to hold its position as dominant player in that industry. I am looking forward to the battle between Ethereum and EOS.

If EOS ends up pumping hard, it will be done with funds coming from Ethereum's ecosystem.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:59:28 AM

According to Billionaire Mike novogratz, not only would Bitcoin recover from its present downward trend but he is forecasting a 20 fold increase in cryptocurrency market capitalisation. Figures shows that the highest market capitalisation ever witnessed was $900B, it would therefore take nearly a 20 times increase to attain the forecasted $20 trillion.

In my opinion, I think it's possible considering the fact that we only have about 7 to 11 crypto users presently and adoption rate is still minimal. With mainstream adoption, then $20 should be possible. This is just my opinion, please feel free to share yours?

It's not impossible considering the mass adoption of Bitcoin like you said.
But technically,what scares me off is that during the December-January 2017 uptrend the market cap was  318-330 billion but we clearly saw that there was huge fees and alot of transactions stayed unconfirmed for a long time so the conclusion is we don't need only adoption,we also need upgrades the capacity of supportingg multiple users and we see this currently like Segwit,Lightning network...

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 03:08:59 AM

I believe there are some positive data to suggest that a market capitalization of 20 Trillion USD is possible by 2028.Principal among them is the fact that some government are taking some positive step s that wil encourage institutions to invest in crypto under close supervision from government. Also there is also growing adoption of cryptos fuelled by the large number of new ICOs.(although some are scams) .It is conceivable we have such market cap.
jbents

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:18:22 AM

dropped a lot
davis196

Activity: 2926
Merit: 901

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:46:26 AM

If you are talking about bitcoin market cap,no, I don`t think so.The govenment and central banks will always try to push the btc price down.If we are talking about the entire crypto market cap,20 trillion is a very ambitious goal,but it might happen after 10 years or more.I just want the crypto market cap to go back to 900 billion.I`m not that greedy. Grin
What do you mean by "7 to 11 crypto users"?

b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:16:00 AM

So you are talking for 10 years to come?
I think with the growing popularity of bitcoin will not be that long to reach the market capacity of $ 20 trillion

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10435

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:21:10 AM
Merited by 1Referee (1)

you just have to translate this speculation to what it really means if you want to see if it is a false one or a way too obvious speculation to begin with!

what this one translates into is like saying there will be price rise for bitcoin and other altcoins but mainly there will be a very large number of new shitcoins that will bring the total market cap to a bubbly number level.
total MC is a fake number anyways so who cares if it is 120-130 billion (bitcoin's alone) or if it is $20-$20000 trillion. in the end as long as we are simply multiplying shitcoin supplies with price we are getting a fake number.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:56:03 AM

I think it is a bit far fetched, maybe we can but not anytime soon. I can see maybe a whole valuation of 5 trillion in the next four years.
A lot of projects will fail and only like 5 of them will remain, i think the same as mike said
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:37:52 PM

We can reach a market cap of $1000 trillion too.

Market caps are meaningless if I can create a coin with 1,000,000,000,000 in total supply, and sell one coin for $1 to get myself a $1,000,000,000,000 market cap valuation.

And then we have forks popping up out of nothing instantly gaining a $20,000,000,000 market cap.

The only thing that matters is market share and the ecosystem around a certain coin. The only coin with a close to righful market cap valuation is Bitcoin. Why? Because most of these coins have been paid for, perhaps thousands of times over, which can't be said about ICO's and forks. Everything else is redundant hype waste, even Ethereum. Ethereum will lose because its success will work against it, or the ICO bubble will pop. The only question is which one comes first.
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5555

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 01:42:18 PM

I do not know is OP think on total market cap or only BTC MC, which is both as 1Referee say meaningless, it is just big numbers and we see that total market cap is always depends on BTC price - when king is in red all market is in red. One day there will be trillions of $ in this market, I absolutely do not doubt it, but after every price spike there is correction. So to see statistic saying we have 20 trillion $ market cap will take long time....

What do you mean by "7 to 11 crypto users"?

Maybe he think that 7-11% people in world use crypto these days, but that number is much lower. In some researches estimates says it is about 0.5-1% of world population involved in cryptocurrency. In any case there is lot of space for progress, imagine only 5 % of world population start to buy/use crypto.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:57:09 PM

A large increase in the capitalization of the bitcoin is possible only in the event that will be triggered by a sharp price increase. Just like it was last year. But conditions must be created for this. Now I do not see such conditions in the market. I think that the impetus for the growth of bitcoin capitalization can be another financial crisis.
ruslan4040

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:51:46 PM

It can be easily achieved, but you need to understand that it would mean to have a bigger capitalisation of what the gold has at the moment.. even more than USD.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

Market capitalization for Bitcoin to reach $20 trillion is not a big challenge since the market cap is increasing every day without any much advertisement or programmed to promote it. If there is a one to promote about Bitcoin then the market cap of more than $20 trillion is achievable very easily. 
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:32:09 PM

Yes I can this happening easily

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:44:07 PM

It depends on what the cryptocurrency market will be in the future. If more people see it as lucrative venture and new entrants come in with the hope of making a crypto as a safe haven, then no doubt the market capitalization going even above 20 trillion usd in the next 5 years.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:32:13 PM

It's honestly just a matter of time.

Right now, as you mentioned, we are only seeing a fraction of people being actively involved in the bitcoin network. Awareness is already growing, but at least anecdotally, I don't see many people actually understanding the need for bitcoin, let alone actually adopting the tech.

Of course, as time goes on, this will change. Adoption rates should be on a continuous upward curve for at least a few more decades. Also, given the fact that fiat is inflationary, bitcoin's nominal price in fiat will be pushed up in the long run even if "real value" of bitcoin doesn't increase.

Based on previous bull markets that have resulted in ATHs, $20 trillion is very realistic, given a decade. However, it's not guaranteed. Take his words with a grain of salt. I do think that bitcoin will definitely see $1 trillion market cap by 2028, though.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:15:54 AM

It would actually take much more than a 20 fold increase from now. As the market capitalization is under $300 billion at the moment across the entire crypto board, it makes more sense to say a 50-60 times fold.

It's definitely possible, though, considering that adoption is going to continue to climb in the next decade. And if previous growth cycles can sustain, there would be no question that it can happen. We've seen a 2000% increase in price from start of last year to end of last year alone, albeit the dump. Furthermore, the inflation of fiat would be a catalyst as well.

A variety of things could happen that would hinder the growth of price though, including a delayed mass adoption. It could happen, but it's not 100% going to happen, since $20 trillion would represent a pretty big fraction of even the entire money supply in physical banknotes and coins.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: