Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:13:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking Cryptocurrencies on WhatsApp or SMS (Twilio)  (Read 150 times)
vit05 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:38:18 PM

Twilio is a cloud communications platform as a service. A platform for voice, video and text. Many companies use their services. They have options so you can automate the service of sending SMS. And now they have opened the option to send by whatsapp. Many companies use it for marketing.

I do not know if there is any service at the moment that sends cryptocurrencies signals through WhatsApp. I know there are several telegram Bots. But not everyone likes to use Telegram. And I think this Twilio option might be interesting for anyone who does not want to send their cell phone number to a stranger. OR even for those who want to offer this service. Building a more practical way and using the tools available.

What You’ll Need
Before we get started, you will need to have some tools and software installed on your computer.
  • Node.js – Install the LTS version for your operating system. In this tutorial, I used version 8.9.4.
  • MongoDB – For my local development on Mac OS X, I used Homebrew for my local MongoDB instance. You can choose from a number of options and operating systems here. Install the latest stable version (3.6.4 at the time of writing this article).
  • Twilio Account – Sign up for a Twilio account if you don’t have one already. (It’s free!)
  • Postman – A tool for testing APIs. In this tutorial, we will be interacting quite a bit with our custom API, so it helps to be able to generate and modify HTTP requests on the fly.

Repository with the complete code hosted Github: https://github.com/ssenkus/coin-sms-alert.

The same API you use for SMS can now be used to send WhatsApp messages. All you have to do is update two lines of code. The API works seamlessly with TwiML and our helper libraries, allowing you to add WhatsApp to existing workflows or applications in minutes. It is also compatible with Twilio developer tools like Functions, Sync, Debugger, and API Explorer.

https://www.twilio.com/blog/2018/06/cryptocurrency-sms-text-alarms-with-twilio-and-node.html
https://www.twilio.com/whatsapp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mkimtani068

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 11:04:44 AM

Message through WhatsApp using API is a new concept.Nowadays everyone is connected with WhatsApp and youngsters are more habitual of WhatsApp. So communication through WhatsApp is far better than another medium.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: